Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times

Advertisements

One doesn't necessarily have to be pro-American or anti-Chinese bias here, it is just suspicious raised by common sense.

In 1988 when Florence Griffith-Joyner, at age 29, went from being a fairly decent 200 meter runner to suddenly setting world records in 100 meter and 200 meter dash out of reach I make the same assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 12:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Yep and Danny Almonte was only 12 years old at the little league world series a few years ago when he was pumping heat down all those little kids throats and threw a perfect game. I think he married some 30yo woman when he was in hi skool too. Always had issues with his age group it appears. LOL

If you aint cheating you aint trying according to some.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
One doesn't necessarily have to be pro-American or anti-Chinese bias here, it is just suspicious raised by common sense.

In 1988 when Florence Griffith-Joyner, at age 29, went from being a fairly decent 200 meter runner to suddenly setting world records in 100 meter and 200 meter dash out of reach I make the same assumption.
Why do you think the NFL players union doesn't want HGH testing? They are ALL on the juice. How else to those guys get so big, fast and come back a week after mashing into each other like freight trains to do it over again and again?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:22 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Have you forgotten about Ma Junren?

There are certain sports and countries that have *bad* reputations based upon repeated cheating. US track, tour de france bikers, east german women during the cold war.....and yes....China whom had 26 athletes test positive prior to the 2000 games. (6 of them were Ma's runners)

There were 7 medals stripped from the 2008 games (so far) due to failed drug tests....all of them came AFTER the medals were awarded mind you.

The olympics are riddled with cheating so suspicions, especially with certain sports and countries, are part and parcel of the scene.
As I expected, when I point out that Ye Shiwen has never flunked a drug test, the whiners quickly change the subject and talk about other athletes.

When Ye flunks a drug test, then you can complain about her being on the juice. And I'll be right up there with you, yelling in outrage and demanding her medals be stripped and that she be tossed out on her kiester.

Until then, you are whining like a bunch of spoiled babies over our athletes getting their butts kicked by a better athlete, nothing more.

Where did American character and class go?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:16 PM

I'm sure all the competitors know who is on the good stuff. Heck most of em probably are on some type of athletic enhancing something or other. They drug test the medal winners I'm sure so I don't see what the big deal is. If somebody was to come out and scream about it who was a fellow competitor they would put themselves in the spotlight to be tested too. Probably why we don't see many screaming.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
cheating and doping have become rampant in sports..all types of sports.

sports is so over rated

Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 PM

I hear they're thinking about testing this guy. I don't know why.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As I expected, when I point out that Ye Shiwen has never flunked a drug test, the whiners quickly change the subject and talk about other athletes.

When Ye flunks a drug test, then you can complain about her being on the juice. And I'll be right up there with you, yelling in outrage and demanding her medals be stripped and that she be tossed out on her kiester.

Until then, you are whining like a bunch of spoiled babies over our athletes getting their butts kicked by a better athlete, nothing more.

Where did American character and class go?
I've said the same things about Marion Jones before she got busted. Her hubby was a former athlete banned for performance enhancing drugs.

Said the same things about Barry Bonds, Sosa, McGuire and others when their performances magically skyrocketed.

You will notice I never said she cheated, just that it's suspicious and there is a HUGE track record of the Chinese using PED's or did you ignore the 27 different athletes booted from the Sydney games team?

Her results are suspicious but I'm not calling her a cheat.

Speaking of class and character, your insulting me because I am pointing out a history of abuse isn't exactly classy nor full of character. In fact, you are violating the TOS with personal attacks but fortunately for you this particular forum allows a lot of leniency because we get a lot of stupid pieces of crap like you posting here.
(Aw, did someone call widdle baby a name? Go cry baby.)

Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I hear they're thinking about testing this guy. I don't know why.
He didn't test positive! How dare you imply such a thing!?!?

LOL they CAUGHT 6 medal winners and a HORSE using drugs at the last olympics.
Makes you wonder how many non-medal winners and people not caught would add to the total. LOL.

P.S. The horse claimed that it was flax-seed oil but the IOC still penalized them.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do you think the NFL players union doesn't want HGH testing? They are ALL on the juice. How else to those guys get so big, fast and come back a week after mashing into each other like freight trains to do it over again and again?
Yep. And it goes all the way down to the highschoolers.

I personally know a number of guys that took the juice back in highschool for football and that was 25 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies