Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,554,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's wrong gay marriage is not a forgone conclusion in this country not by a long shot.
That is a point I do disagree with on, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why did the gay lobby pick blacks as a surf board to skim along on over the waves of social resistance? Why not equate being gay to the holocaust of Jews? Maybe they should use a more powerful image in their utilization of race? Gay is not a race--------------Feminists have attempted to divide the sexes by insisting that woman are a different race and maybe even a separate species..None of this stuff is useful in bringing about harmony...If I were a straight black male- who prided themselves in traditional male values- I would be kind of insulted to be compared to males who were not as traditional- it's an intrusion...Let them fight this fight on their own without dragging in former slaves as unwilling allies.

If they believe that gay is a significant and powerful force- they should be able to cut it on their own.
Preach!!!!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Remember Jim Crow?

It's all about discrimination, regardless of who gets dumped on.
Jim Crow??/

Oh yeah.....When gay white people discriminated against black folk???? That Jim Crow??? When ALL white people (gay and straight) took the rights of black men and women???

I think I remember that, now.....

Sure is mighty convenient for gay whites to wanna be like us now!

Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Perhaps he's referring more to the core struggles both blacks and gays have fought. Why is gay a behavior? Just as he was born with DNA to support his being black as was he born gay.
Because you have ex gay folk'''''' They changed.

Hank Hanegraaff interviews Joe Dallas: Homosexualty & Sexual Ethics - Part 1 - YouTube

Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,831,353 times
Quote:
You may want to ask a few of your gay friends about that.

Yes, you do have gay friends.
Don't have any friends. Lots of associates some of whom I suppose are gay and some who are not...All I see here in Toronto is that gays are a privileged class. Some might be rude to them on occasion but it's not a big thing. I don't see gays digging ditches or washing toilets - the lowest they go are maybe waiting on tables in some exclusive eatery...Most that I know are in the arts- or are bureaucrats- all seem to have disposable cash and most are employed in fields where they don't have to work very hard...The only real gay "friends" I had were two kids in my childhood- and we did not have a label for them...They were just who they were and they certainly were not oppressed or did they expect privilege...Times have changed....

People were more private and more contained and reserved...they had some respect for others- I just don't see the same levels or real respect from gays or straights these days...

When certain types organize into collectives as gays seem to have done- they do more oppressing than getting oppressed.....Who in their right mind wants to control or oppress anyone any way?

The last gay that was actually a friend of the family - seems to not hang out in my hood anymore- not since I caught him selling pain killers to a local merchant who is dead now...it's about ethics- If you have dignity and ethics- no one can oppress you.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,227,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Jim Crow??/

Oh yeah.....When gay white people discriminated against black folk???? That Jim Crow??? When ALL white people (gay and straight) took the rights of black men and women???

I think I remember that, now.....

Sure is mighty convenient for gay whites to wanna be like us now!
There were NO white people, or gays that stood up for blacks. Riiiiight.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:41 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,831,353 times
Quote:
Remember Jim Crow?

It's all about discrimination, regardless of who gets dumped on.
Could someone explain to me when the word "discriminate" got hijacked? I know the word "gay" got hijacked...but that was a small gift to part with so it does not matter...happy will will do...When did the word discriminate take on a 100% negative meaning? It used to mean that you could divide things up - separate the good from the bad....Like- I discriminate against this because I don't like it- or find it unpleasant....or simply bad for me...Or I discriminate in favor of something...because I really like it a lot...find it very pleasant and know that it is very good for me.

Why has my right to the freedom of choice been taken away- Now I am either supposed to like EVERYTHING...or I am supposed to disapprove of everything. There was a time when I could say...I believe that anal sex between men was not good and I found the idea unpleasant...now I have to say - I like it and approve of it and it's a good thing....if I discriminate in that respect - I am persecuted. Some gays I have spoken to say they almost vomit at the idea of a vagina.....They find a vagina disgusting....that is their right - where is my right to discrimination?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:48 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,702,004 times
Happened during the Civil Rights movement in the US I reckon.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:37 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,314,166 times
Some folks overstate Jim crow.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:05 AM

37,185 posts, read 19,247,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
Some folks overstate Jim crow.
Only those who were not on the receiving end of the bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies