Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
well I gotta duck out back to work and yes leaders are responcible just like corporations are responcible for different things. I really think everyone does the best they can and thats what is seen.
You could have stopped at, "Well, I gotta duck..."

Because that's what you're doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where's the oral stumble in that photo?
Could you possibly ask a more stupid question?

Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 PM

So, to recap. What have we learned in this thread?

1. The OP was a lie. Wayne Allyn Root has no idea one way or the other about how Obama did or did not register at Columbia. And he is wrong to claim that nobody has any memory of Obama attending there.

2. There is no law anywhere that declares it illegal for a University to register a US citizen as an international student. At least some universities (to include Columbia) do so. So even if Obama had (arguendo) been registered that way, it wouldn't matter one way or another.

3. There is no obvious advantage to being labeled as an international student anyway.

4. There is no evidence that Obama registered at any school as a foreign student. There is only a three year old April Fool's Joke that many Birthers still don't seem to realize was a joke.

5. Obama has released a decade's worth of his tax records, while Romney has not.

6. Obama has released his long form Birth certificate, while Romney has not.

7. Obama's Selective Service registration has been released. Romney's has not.

8. Neither Romney nor Obama has released their college transcripts.

9. As a college student, Obama did not write as flawlessly as he does when he has an editor from a major publishing house reviewing and proofing his work.

10. Both Obama and Romney sometimes use teleprompters.

11. Some employers ask to see college transcripts. Some (most?) don't.

12. Birthers never abandon a stupid claim, no matter how many times or how conclusively it has been disproved.

That pretty much sums it up.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:18 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Notice how you had to rewrite the sentence with a completely unnecessary redundancy to make it make sense under your theory?
No.

I didn't re-write the sentence at all. It's the exact same sentence, with the reflexive subject phrase at the end simply placed in parentheses beside the subject it further refines. Using a reflexive subject phrase at the end of the sentence, to reflect back on the subject, is not a violation of grammar. And it's not an unnecessary redundancy. Because the subject first referenced is editors, and the reflexive subject phrase is editors who were chosen via affirmative action. It's a modification on the first subject.

And it's not MY theory. It's the rules of grammar. While you may not understand the rules of grammar in this instance, it doesn't take away from the fact that regardless of how awkward the sentence was, it was both grammatical and made sense.

You asserted that it wasn't grammatical and did not make sense.

I have shown that both assertions were wrong.

You lose the argument again.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Could you possibly ask a more stupid question?

You started us down this idiotic path, maybe you could enlighten us, as to what point your photo of Romney was supposed to address.

Last edited by OICU812; 08-08-2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old 08-08-2012, 03:39 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Graduated with honors on his own with such poor writing skills? I'm not buying it. Neither should you.
It sure as hell seems proof enough that he had a ghost writer for his two books, he writes very poorly indeed. Most of his sentences bounce back and fourth in a very chaotic way; he gives me a headache.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It sure as hell seems proof enough that he had a ghost writer for his two books, he writes very poorly indeed. Most of his sentences bounce back and fourth in a very chaotic way; he gives me a headache.
Back and "fourth?" Really?!?!?

Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
One capitalization error.

One run-on sentence.

One spelling error.

One post.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Do you want to correct the grammar and punctuation in that paragraph for us and point out the mistakes? It's written in a more academic style vs. short and snappy prose, if that's what you're looking for. They don't teach you to write short stories in law school--you learn to write legal briefs, and to organize complicated information in a cohesive way. I'm not sure what the problem is that you have with his writing, outside of a few typos and grammar/punctuation errors in the full letter to the editor.
I learned about runon sentences in grammar school, about the same time I learned about commas and periods. There is a proper way to write and speak, that may or may not matter when one is an affirmative action recipient. It is extremely important when one is representing a populace that supposedly values education.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
No, it's up to the person making the claim to provide proof of their claims.

The defendant does not have to provide proof of their innocence. Innocent until proven guilty. And as it's been shown, there's never been any proof that has shown Obama to be guilty of any of this idiotic birther conspiracy crap.
So you want Harry Reid to prove his accusation against Romney, and you are willing to assume Mitt is innocent until then? I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies