Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,437 times

Advertisements

How Obama let this happen I'll never know. As soon as something is intentionally hidden it becomes an absolute treasure hunt. Its similar to running away from a cougar...guess what a species needs its food and running shows a full agreement and understanding that you are ideal food. running increase's the hunt, survival is import to understand ( never run from a cougar or bear

now...what to do if in OBama's camp..?

is it too late..?

is it a contrived idea with good marks and fair stuff to bulldoze in the big circle of truth, outweighing possible issues and problems in other areas.,,,is this what OBama is doing for a strategy or....is there a big jaw dropping Oh no..like Trump is suggesting.

I'm going with Trump because I think he knows something...hes far too clever in who is telling the truth and who is not to set himself up for the above OBama reasoning in not looking after this a long time ago for an edge....no there is nothing here but jaw dropping surprise...I'm all in on that. I would aprox the odds at least 98% in favor of the DT proposition....that cat is NOT going to miss the the right train to catch on a smaller faceted issue such as this and be so pronounced...no way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 02:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Really?That sentence makes no sense.
Really. It makes sense.

The last part of the sentence is an elliptical. No editors will know the criteria used to select themselves or other editors. That makes sense.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
No, there aren't. I posted Obama's very poorly written letter to the editor of the Harvard Law Record. HistorianDude can't read very well, so he incorrectly referred to the Harvard Law Review in his post.
Publication one: The Harvard Law Review

Publication two: The Harvard Law Record

Obama wrote a letter to the Harvard Law Record, the law school's newspaper, to address some discussions about the Harvard Law Review's policies, more specifically, their policy in selecting editors. That would mean that there are TWO different publications involved in this discussion.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
How Obama let this happen I'll never know.
What do you mean by this? Its not Obama's job to do anything to satisfy a fringe group of loons who are propagating a hoax from April fools day of 2009. a 3 year old FAKE story they accept as true.

That is not Obama's fault.
That is not our fault.

that is totally on the birthers who fell hook line and sinker to a 3 year old hoax.

Quote:
I'm going with Trump because I think he knows something...
He knows nothing. He's a blowhard bafoon with a fake rat on his head. He knows as much as the guy at the Deli across the street.

He's been spoon fed stories from World Nut Daily.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
I think all presidential candidates should provide their transcripts for public review. As voters, we have the responsibility of vetting the candidates in the same manner as an employer vets a job applicant.

Would it make some of them look stupid? Probably. Wouldn't you want to know if a candidate either struggled academically (not very bright) or wasn't responsible and diligent (poor work ethic) before you go to the polls?

Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Grammar. Police. Education forum. Nothing to do with OP claims of Obama being a foreign student.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:11 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
I posted an example... from the federal government, no less.
So what? It was established probably 50 posts ago that some employees want transcripts, some don't. Why you continue to flog this pointless issue is what you have lost track of.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Wow. He wrote a sentence that doesn't even make sense in a letter to be published in the Harvard Law Record. You think there's nothing wrong with that?
Every sentence in that letter makes sense.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Really. It makes sense.
No it doesn't. It's an example of extremely poor writing. The word "who" shouldn't have been included. The sentence makes sense WITHOUT the word "who" in it.

Corrected: "No editors on the Review will ever know whether any given editor was selected on the basis of grades, writing competition, or affirmative action, and no editors were selected with affirmative action in mind."

Note the omission of the word "who" between "editors" and "were." As corrected, the sentence makes sense.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Poor reading comprehension on your part. You can't even get the publication right when the name is directly in front of you.
Yep. My mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies