Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 03:53 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times

Advertisements

Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use

Think about it.

They are backing gay marriage legalization or recognition now, right?

Look at the poll

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

Very close numbers there.

How many Republicans smoke marijuana? More then you'd think I bet. How much would they be willing to sway their vote to a liberal, who liked Romney anyway? Those blue collar workers who smoke pot. Economy might pick up, new work, free market, etc.

All a message that would hurt Romney.

If they will support gay marriage to stir the base, think what supporting marijuana legalization would do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 04:09 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Too good to be true. I'd petition for that in a heartbeat.

Increased revenue, reduction in crime, lower court, prison, and enforcement costs.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:11 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
He'd grab about 50% of Ron Paul's base of support right there.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon? - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
I doubt it will happen. Obama recently signed a law banning synthetic "fake" marijuana sold in stores a few months ago. It wouldn't make sense to legalize the real thing.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:16 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Thing is his administration could have marijuana removed as a schedule 1 drug without the need for Congressional approval.

There's no way he will campaign for full legalization on the federal level, but a policy of pursuing gradual decriminalization will motivate young voters and Libertarians, and automatically hand him Colorado in the election. Now whether or not he actually does that...

Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I doubt it will happen. Obama recently signed a law banning synthetic "fake" marijuana sold in stores a few months ago. It wouldn't make sense to legalize the real thing.
Look, I'm a stoner from way back. I won't lie, I tried the synthetic stuff one time. Curious, I've tried lots of things.

It does not feel the same, it is short lived, and not very good for you health wise. Why have something like that legal, and marijuana not? I don't have a problem with the banning of synthetics, I think most people feel the same. Kind of like meth, bad stuff. People did stupid things on cocaine, but not eating someones face off.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Would be a great move right before the election. Those rabidly against weed arn't going to vote for him anyway and the young voter this election cycle is not as fired up as last election. This move would certainly fire up and energize the young voter.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Would be a great move right before the election. Those rabidly against weed arn't going to vote for him anyway and the young voter this election cycle is not as fired up as last election. This move would certainly fire up and energize the young voter.
Speculation it'll be through ballot iniatives at the polls, like the Bush administration pushed in 2004 with gay marriage bans.

But I think if that isn't enough, the administration might, might go all in.

All I hear is how they are getting out spent, but let them outspend you on endless adds. If your making news....

Old 08-07-2012, 04:25 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use

Think about it.

They are backing gay marriage legalization or recognition now, right?

Look at the poll

For First Time, Majority of Americans Favor Legal Gay Marriage

Very close numbers there.

How many Republicans smoke marijuana? More then you'd think I bet. How much would they be willing to sway their vote to a liberal, who liked Romney anyway? Those blue collar workers who smoke pot. Economy might pick up, new work, free market, etc.

All a message that would hurt Romney.

If they will support gay marriage to stir the base, think what supporting marijuana legalization would do?
First of all I don't trust polls, the only polls that matter are on election day. Second of all Obama is no different than a prostitute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies