Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
A family of five with no health insurance?
Maybe,just maybe,they should of thought of that before they had three kids.
Just a thought.
If you can't provide food,shelter,clothing,and healthcare(its a basic neccesarity) then you can't afford kids. Simple.in any event,we the people would have paid anyway for them.
I'm sure they can pay it using the Earned income credit they get every tax year.
we have to remember that some people did have children when the economy was chugging along, and probably had no way to see that the rug was going to be pulled out from under them. people who used to be "making it" are now struggling-and the federal reserve's jackass printing spree did nothing to help them.

i do think that people going forward should remember that, and plan accordingly. the government is perfectly capable of pulling away the earned income credit when they need more money. you can be sure that they are investigating every avenue to generate more revenue for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
I wish the Government lived by your premise that you should not expand and spend more than you bring in.

Quote:
Just a thought.
If you can't provide food,shelter,clothing,and healthcare(its a basic neccesarity) then you can't afford kids. Simple.in any event,we the people would have paid anyway for them.
I'm sure they can pay it using the Earned income credit they get every tax year.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:36 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So a family of five who has no health insurance now because they can't afford it will either be able to sign up in 2014 and the out of pocket is around 2-3K and if the don't sign up the penalty is 2K. So what are they supposed to eat if they can't afford it? I guess they are sheet out of luck. So Obama just stole 2K dollars from a lower middle class family. Yippee.
When this family shows up at the hospital,how will they pay?

Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Answer the questions below to see how your coverage might be affected.

There also will be new opportunities to get coverage, including state-based marketplaces known as exchanges* (through which individuals will be able to purchase private plans that meet strict benchmarks for quality) and federal subsidies to help low-income people buy plans on the exchanges.

What does the Supreme Court's health-care ruling mean for me? - The Washington Post

It all looks pretty darn good .. oh wait .. they aren't done writing or even ammending the law yet .. it's far too easy to ignore the elephant in the room .. inasmuch as the law isn't even finished being written for all of those hundreds of blank pages that were passed by our inept Congress ..

When all is said and done, I doubt highly that anyone will be putting a feather in their cap ..

.. bought any horses, site unseen lately?

The SCOTUS can't rule on stuff that isn't even written yet .. give it time .. there will definitely be more rulings ..

Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
There also will be new opportunities to get coverage, including state-based marketplaces known as exchanges*
A large number of states are not putting exchanges into place.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
When this family shows up at the hospital,how will they pay?
The same way they've always paid, the hospital files a paper to get medical care at the states expense.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Just a thought.
Welll that earned income tax credit will be taken when these folks are hit with the penalty or forced to buy insurance like I pointed out. These are numbers I just punched in off the top of my head. This whole healthcare nonsense is supposed to help out folks in a situation like this. At least that is how they sold it to the US. Actually if you have half a brain it's really not about healthcare to begin with but that is a different argument.

Playing your "If you can't provide" nonsense is also not what this admin is selling. Hey if you can't provide the government will is what we are seeing.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense.

More nonsense.

Even more nonsense.

Tragically nonsensical.

Unless you live in a 3rd world country, 10k a year isn't a good years pay ANYWHERE in America. Sorry, but that's a fantasy. An outright falsehood.
What do you mean by nonsense? Go punch those numbers in and that is what it returns. Or are you saying the healthcare law is nonsense? If so I agree.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Just received $102 back from my insurance co because they spent 21% of premium on non health care payments, so I received 1% back thanks to Obamacare.
Unfortunately, due to new mandated changes from Obamacare, my premium increased 13%.
I read an article in Kiplinger's that claimed from healthy people who purchase their own insurance (one of thr groups that this law supposedly was to benefit) will see an increase in premiums, those who get insurance from their jobs will see little change.
Guess like ol Nancy implied, we'll just have to see what is in it and what happens in 2014.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
My accountant told me I am exempt from the obama fine and will get it all for free.
Which, I heard, was already free. So, why are people shedding tears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
My vote will still be for Mitt I don't like being bought or bribed
"Real Americans" would do it for free and at any cost... that has never been a secret. Even as it was your political love Mitt pushing for this very same plan in 2009.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 08-08-2012 at 07:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies