Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times

Advertisements

It's just corporate welfare in another guise.

The illegals come here because "American" corporations love to hire them at less than minimum wage and no benefits. Thus, the taxpayers subsidize their housing and pay for their health care as they clog our emergency rooms. Corporations love having millions of subminimum wage workers in the US, because they hold down the wages for American workers while the tax-paying public picks up the tab for the benefits the employers don't provide.

Heads, corps win.

Tails, taxpayers lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
No one cares. As long as they are here and can manage to get themselves a fake ID and registered as a DEM to vote, who is going to complain? If they have been here 20 years or more, they probably have kids who were born here and they ARE citizens, so right there you have a big ole DEM voting block.

DEM = social justice (read that - tax money underwriting everyone's housing, food, medical care, and gubment jobs) . . . so it all works out well come election time.

Makes sense to me. Now you know why no one cares.

Interesting take.

How, exactly, do illegals register to vote?

Here in Texas, the illegals try to keep as low a profile as possible and avoid contact with government entities.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
And democratic party supporters on this forum will applaud all of it, because they think it will help their party to win elections. I really have no clue what kind of a country they think they are creating with welfare and immigration policies like those.
I totally agree. How does it make any sense to give amnesty to illegal aliens and give them work permits when so many Americans are out of work? As for welfare handouts, I think that only citizens should be able to tap into our welfare coffers. Illegal alien parents should be disqualified from that even for their so-called U.S. born children. The parents should be the qualifier, not the kids.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Interesting take.

Here in Texas, the illegals try to keep as low a profile as possible and avoid contact with government entities.
When no I.D. is required to actually cast a vote it is easy for any non-citizen to vote. Illegal aliens are not living in fear of deportation unless they have been convicted of a felony. That's Obama's latest policy.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Interesting take.

It is what it is.

Maybe Texas has a better system of guaranteeing no voter fraud, but in my personal experience, folks who have fake IDs, fake SS #s (or are using someone else's) can get a valid driver's license and thus, a registration card. That is certainly one way to do it. Here in my state, you dont' even have to present a photo ID at the polling place.

Moreover, as I mentioned, if folks have been here 20 plus years, they very likely have children who are 18 or older and if they were born here - they ARE legal citizens. So even if mom and dad are not registered voters . . . their kids have no reason NOT to be registered voters - legally. Figure out how many children the average illegal immigrant family has . . . let's say it is 3.5 . . . those are a lot of LEGAL registered voters coming into the system every year.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
Quote:
The obama admin loves, loves, loves illegal aliens, and will bend over backwards to accommodate them.
The government hasn't really done much about illegal immigrants for a long time. Bush did nothing. Obama opens them with open arms. Nothing changes. Let's be real. Outside of building a giant fortress surrounded with walls that are totally, totally tall, boarders are nothing more than an imaginary line, and the nation state a creation in our collective heads. The migration of peoples is natural to Mother Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
They just need another 20-30 years to get back on their feet.
Quote:
It should make us upset that anyone from any country can now sneak cross our borders, claim "I'm a dreamer" collect tens of thousands of dollars in free taxpayer funded social welfare assistance, and send their "dreamer" kids to our schools for further tens of thousands of dollars in free taxpayer funded education.

Welcome to Welfare Land (formerly the United States of America)
Yes, in 20 to 30 years it's likely to be called the United Americas. As in plural. There will be no need for two third world neighbors to remain separate. The United States and Mexico will merge. Canada will be the wild card,

Old 08-08-2012, 08:55 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is a lie. Welfare reform in 1994 created time limits. The longest someone can be on direct welfare payments is 5 years and in many states it is only 3 years. The states are granted leeway to make some exemptions, but to say that 43% of immigrants have been on welfare for 20years as your title implies is flat out wrong.

What are welfare benefits, that is a very, very vague term. This article might be counting unemployment as welfare or maybe the Earned income tax credit as welfare.
There might be time limits but nobody checks to see how long someone is on the dole so they just keep getting the checks. There was a case here in Chicago where an alderman's mother lived in public housing and when she died, the alderman (woman) started renting out the unit and when told that she couldn't do that , she said "Yes I can , I inherited it from my mother" . She didn't get away with it but this is the mind set of a lot of people on welfare where generations of the same family are all on it.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
There might be time limits but nobody checks to see how long someone is on the dole so they just keep getting the checks. There was a case here in Chicago where an alderman's mother lived in public housing and when she died, the alderman (woman) started renting out the unit and when told that she couldn't do that , she said "Yes I can , I inherited it from my mother" . She didn't get away with it but this is the mind set of a lot of people on welfare where generations of the same family are all on it.
The welfare rolls have been cut substantially since 1994. States actually spend less money now than in the past and that rarely happens for any government program. People are booted off the welfare roles after 5 years and are never eligible to collect it in that state every again. This is objective reality.

Anyone who says anything else is lying.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I totally agree. How does it make any sense to give amnesty to illegal aliens and give them work permits when so many Americans are out of work? As for welfare handouts, I think that only citizens should be able to tap into our welfare coffers. Illegal alien parents should be disqualified from that even for their so-called U.S. born children. The parents should be the qualifier, not the kids.
Agreed, it does not make sense, when we have about 23 million American citizens out of work, losing their cars and homes because they cannot make payments, and the president want to pick this time, to give away two year work permits to illegal aliens.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:12 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
that was a truly bizarre alderman story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies