Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh?

Last month Capitol One got hit with $210 million in fines and penalties for credit card abuses.

Two months ago the Commodity Futures Trading Commission fined Barclays $200 million for trying to manipulate to manipulate a key interest rate.

In 2010 J.P. Morgon got slammed with a $52 million fine for failing to protect client money by segregating it appropriately.

I could go on for pages.

It only seems that way to you because you only look for and post news having to do with small children, kittens and ponies.

for^^^ a thread about small chilren and ponies your geting so uptight,, now who's the whiner??

i post a thread about a kid who gets fined for selling burgers for charity and you go ballistic ,,gosh.. they have medication for such problems you know..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 08:36 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Another lie in the title of the thread. Some people are always looking for victims around here and the discussion about "effort" is ridiculous.

This boys parents must not be too bright to not know one needs a permit to sell food. My son wants to sell food too also bottled water and I'm looking into getting him a permit. He's 10. It's my job to make sure he follows applicable laws in these sorts of situations. So those of you arguing about the boy's "efforts" shouldn't be. The boy's parents were fined this ticket, not the boy. The boy is a minor and cannot be given a citation.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That isn't the point - he was making an effort - no matter what his motives were - and thus the title of the thread is accurate.
Lol... the bold part is right, which is why the thread is INaccurate. The effort is the selling of food, the motive is raising money for WWII vets.

If what you said was true and the effort was raising money for vets, he wouldn't have been fined if he was raising money for something else, like a PS3.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:24 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
It warms my heart to see that there is nothing real to argue about.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
what the hell is this country becoming

Boy fined $170 during fundraiser for WWII vets
that's liberalism for ya

liberals and their fascist ways

Last edited by workingclasshero; 08-10-2012 at 09:34 PM..

Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,727,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It warms my heart to see that there is nothing real to argue about.

some peps got some hot air out over a thread about small children and ponies

Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... Git'im HD!

Here comes EddieB to high 5 stupidness..
Quote:
Yes or no, if he was selling burgers to pay for a playstation 3, would he have been fined by the health inspector?
Would it not take an effort to sell burgers to pay for a playstation?
Quote:
Lol... the bold part is right, which is why the thread is INaccurate. The effort is the selling of food,
So you admit there was an effort, so why are you arguing otherwise?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Another lie in the title of the thread. Some people are always looking for victims around here and the discussion about "effort" is ridiculous.

This boys parents must not be too bright to not know one needs a permit to sell food. My son wants to sell food too also bottled water and I'm looking into getting him a permit. He's 10. It's my job to make sure he follows applicable laws in these sorts of situations. So those of you arguing about the boy's "efforts" shouldn't be. The boy's parents were fined this ticket, not the boy. The boy is a minor and cannot be given a citation.
When did this begin? I feel like back in the day a kid didn't need a permit to set up a roadside lemonade stand. Now they probably have to file ten forms with ten different three-letter agencies

Old 08-10-2012, 11:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
BIG DEAL! Why can't YOU and some of the others, discuss the ISSUE OF THE ARTICLE? WHY?
I did, earlier.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
When did this begin? I feel like back in the day a kid didn't need a permit to set up a roadside lemonade stand.
It always starts when someone sues someone for something. IN this case, someone could have sued a "kid with a lemonade stand" because he/she got sick from the unclean glass, or the rotten lemons used to make the lemonade.

Quote:
Now they probably have to file ten forms with ten different three-letter agencies

Uh, its just one simple form and a filing fee. You get your permit that day (if you do it early enough, you can have it mailed to you). I just filled out a seller's permit for a space at a swap meet. $35

Its like getting a Hunting license or a camping permit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies