Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 08:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Ok, perhaps you might disclose your religious affiliation to help decipher your ardent support for Romney/Ryan.

"Will provide" reeks of certainty. So does "all Americans." I'm no big fan of Obama, and when I walked past his book "The Audacity of Hope" in bookstores during his campaign, I rolled my eyes, thinking "Yeah, another bull$hitter." Similarly, I roll my eyes about the Romney/Ryan team. This IS NOT the Eisenhower era, so we don't need conservative Mormons and Catholics in the White House at this time. I came up with the topic because choosing the Veep is such a wild card, and when McCain announced his pick as Palin, the thought of having her, and her extended white trash clan, in the White House was indeed frightening. Also, if you need a few bucks tossed your way, you shouldn't be voting Republican anyway.
I have no idea what Ryan's religious affiliation is and quite frankly - I don't care. I have no problem with electing a Mormon president and I am not a Mormon.

As for being low on funds and your belief that I shouldn't vote for a Republican - you obviously have been served the liberal kool-aid that makes the Republicans out to be the enemy of the working man.

Quite to the contrary - the Republican Party supports policies that have and will once again stimulate true economic growth - starting with low taxes for all taxpayers which allows people to keep more of the money that they have worked hard for. It keeps money in the hands of people who need it to pay their bills, put a roof over their head, and feed their families. It keeps money in the hands of people who have capital that they wish to invest - which in turn stimulates job growth, encourages innovation, and promotes a thriving marketplace that keeps goods and services moving towards those who demand them.

I'm just an electronics technician who has always worked for hourly wages. I'm good at what I do and proud of the service I provide to my customers. I oppose the Democrats because they wish to confiscate my earned money through high taxes and prevent the people who compensate me for my services from expanding their business through high taxes and overregulation. I am here to say that the Republican Party is the home of people who value liberty, opportunity, and prosperity. The Democratic Party is there if you want loss of freedom, bleak hopes, and unemployment.

To those who always deride "the wealthy" I ask you this: have you ever got a job from a poor man? The people who risk their own money to make a profit are the ones who drive our economy. When they are supported with business friendly policies and a government that mostly stays out of the way - that is when we see economic growth. When they are criticized, blamed, taxed, and regulated to the point where they are afraid to do what they want to do and do best: invest capital, expand business, and create jobs - then you get the economic stagnation that is current day reality and which is the result of the Obama administration and the Democratic Party.

A vote for Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan = liberty, opportunity, and prosperity. It will resucsitate us from the doldrums of the Obama recession. It will put people to work and allow them the opportunity to achieve their vision and objectives. It will return the United States to the economic powerhouse it was just a few short years ago.

Vote Romney/Ryan in November.

Vote for a renewed and prosperous America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 08:02 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Alaska typically has a very low voter turnout. Combine this with the vast rural nature of Alaska, and it's easy for marginally qualified people to win statewide office.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Sarah Palin is like George W. Bush, their enthusiastic supporters fall silent when it became apparent neither had a clue.
Oh really? Is that why I have been an ardent supporter of both Governor Palin and President Bush on this forum?

If I have seemed "silent" to you - it is because this is not a chat room with audio support.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Shaking hands with Putin and making deals would be real good...........
I hope that doesn't include tearing down our nuclear defense shield in Eastern Europe.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:22 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Do you see how she looks? Definite MILF/PILF. She was the only reason I kept up with politics. Back in '08. Thank you John Dumbcaine for bringing about this fine woman into the media and choosing her as your potential VP.

About to watch "Who's Nailin' Palin", good night everybody.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:27 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Do you see how she looks? Definite MILF/PILF. She was the only reason I kept up with politics. Back in '08. Thank you John Dumbcaine for bringing about this fine woman into the media and choosing her as your potential VP.

About to watch "Who's Nailin' Palin", good night everybody.
It's kind of sad that they can't test intelligence and ration the ability to vote accordingly. The MILF factor takes this down to a sophomoric level, but thanks.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 PM

811 posts, read 550,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It's kind of sad that they can't test intelligence and ration the ability to vote accordingly. The MILF factor takes this down to a sophomoric level, but thanks.
I've never voted in my 30+ years on this earth, never even registered so don't worry , but if there was a PILF competition I'd definitely consider it.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Threads not about Obama, how about addressing how stupid Sarah Palin appears on TV?
When you can clarify President Obama's gaffes then we'll have something to talk about........you see Sarah had her time and she didn't become VP, but look what we got a President that doesn't even know how many states we have. Then he says, "the private sector is doing great" & "you didn't build that on your own." Palin doesn't say these things about the American people, she knows how many states we have............. maybe thats it you all agree with Obama is it 57 or 60??

She got where she is by working for it, oh what a concept...........

Old 08-13-2012, 08:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Is that 'P' for pedophile? it was just last week I read MILF here and had to look up... The left is willing to stoop to the lowest possible levels.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Alaska typically has a very low voter turnout. Combine this with the vast rural nature of Alaska, and it's easy for marginally qualified people to win statewide office.
Whereas in hyper-political, densely populated states like Illinois, you get a much higher level of quality of candidates:

Rod Blagojevich is 4th Illinois governor jailed in four decades - BlogPost - The Washington Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies