Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If you don't agree with what the SPLC thinks you are a hate group. FRC is against gay marriage, SPLC is for it hence FRC is a hate group in their eyes. That is how most leftist groups operate. If you can't see it then continue defending this nonsense as I'm sure you will.
Stop lying. The SPLC does not consider the FRC a hate group because they oppose gay marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 03:08 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
The FRC condones killing .... of homosexuals
Hold on just a minute there, cowboy. You need to retract this statement or prove it immediately. There are laws against libel.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Stop lying. The SPLC does not consider the FRC a hate group because they oppose gay marriage.
Then you explain why. I'm not lying about anything. They consider FRC a hate group. You tell me why then hero.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
SPLC considers Family Research Council a hate group because FRC makes hateful statements against gays. To suggest that their only platform is anti-gay marriage is a lie. FRC is anti-gay, just read their comments.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
And all the hate is coming from Chick Fil A???

Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ | Fox News

Frederick Chick-fil-A restaurant vandalized with marriage equality stickers, gay pride flag - The Washington Post

Gay Marriage Supporter Harasses Chick-fil-A Employee - YouTube

I haven't seen any hate from anyone but the left.....

Old 08-15-2012, 03:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Then you explain why. I'm not lying about anything. They consider FRC a hate group. You tell me why then hero.
Why not read their explanation of why:

Family Research Council | Southern Poverty Law Center

Old 08-15-2012, 03:13 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
There was not much political violence in the US in the 1950s outside the South.

The political divides of the 1950s did not produce a comparable level of polarization in the American people as we see now (again, the South was an exception). Also, the US was at the peak of its power, the economy was good, and unemployment was low (even the "Depression of 1958", the first postwar recession, was mild compared to today). America was far less economically polarized.

Today we're entering a cycle of political violence more similar to 1950s Argentina or 1950s Cuba than 1950s America.
I was refering to the overall murder rate, which has been steadly declining.

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
He is quoted as saying "I didn't mean to shoot you, this was not about you, it was about this building" or something like that. Throw him to the lions, I say. He could have been doing it for his mother or for his God, I couldn't care less.
lol, a killer will say anything to get away with it...

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Seems our society has put us at such odds with each other that the extremists are cracking at both ends.
We are a very divided nation these days and have gone from dislike to outright hatred of the "other side".
Elected officials encouraging this divide over the MSM is only adding fuel to the fire.

I think it will only get worse.
I agree. The ones on the fringes and with mental issues on both sides of the net will come unhinged as the economy crashes even more...just wait until the banks melt again. Anyone know why the heck the SS administration is buying up large quantities of ammunition? Should make both sides uneasy as heck.

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Here are some of their own comments

Quote:
Gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement.”
— Robert Knight, FRC director of cultural studies, and Frank York, 1999

“[Homosexuality] … embodies a deep-seated hatred against true religion.”
— Steven Schwalm, FRC senior writer and analyst, in “Desecrating Corpus Christi,” 1999

“One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets' of a new sexual order.”
-1999 FRC pamphlet, Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex with Boys.

“[T]he evidence indicates that disproportionate numbers of gay men seek adolescent males or boys as sexual partners.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies