Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:43 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Shouldn't you choose to not force people to live through the lens of your own morality?
Is it not common sense that killing is not the most productive way to be a citizen????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Is it not common sense that killing is not the most productive way to be a citizen????
well other than violence how are you going to stop women from having abortions

Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Many ridiculously harmful things are "legal" & some ignorantly conclude that their "legality" makes it "ok."
What a bunch of sheep!
Why don't people THINK for themselves - why do they just go along with BS???

And to say we should just "move on" when murder is made legal, demonstrates the narcisism mentioned.
Okay, I thought about it... and I still believe it should be my choice what to do with fetuses inside my body. Next suggestion? There are many legal things I do not personally like, including abortion believe it or not, but that doesn't mean I think they should be made illegal. Alcohol, as another example, kills more people than just about anything - I hate the stuff myself, but couldn't care less if you wanna get drunk as a skunk. Just don't drive afterwards, and I'll leave you to make that choice (to drink) for yourself. So yes, some people are capable of thinking independently, and STILL support a woman's right to choose. Sorry if that upsets you, but you cannot dictate how others feel.

P.S. Do we really need another abortion thread?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
My body, my choice - not some governments. That potential human being you talk about cannot live without the host. It becomes a baby at birth - not before. Until then, it is part of a woman's body - it is not an entity. That pregnant woman should not drink, she should not smoke, she should not sky dive, she should not do drugs, she should not drive too fast, she should not get beaten by her abusive boyfriend/husband, she should not do many things. Perhaps she should not have an abortion, either. The reality is that women do (or are subjected to) all of those things. With a developing baby in THEIR body.

I certainly don't believe in killing innocent children - but there is a reality to this situation imposed by nature. As much as you'd like to be idealistic about this (and who wouldn't?), reality is what it is.

Reality is also that you cannot have a law that will stop a determined woman. Anti-abortion laws only affect the poor and uneducated who lack resources to have an abortion. While I, as a wealthy person, can simply fly to a nation that permits safe legal abortion, others will resort to coat hangers and weird concoctions that not only harm the fetus but the woman, too.

Perhaps your thread is just meant as a moral reminder - and I applaud you if that is the case. Still, most people do not take abortion lightly and those who do will not be swayed by anything you or I write.

So women are now " hosts"?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
8 weeks? I'm sorry to tell you than they often get flushed down the toilet without being noticed.
Unfortunately, many seem to consider human life worthless like that.
Yet, read any child-development book & you'll realize that in fact by 8 weeks gestation... ALL body systems are intact.

Stages of human development in the womb:
18 days - heart begins to beat.
21 days - pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
28 days - eye, ear and respiratory system begin to form.
42 days - brain waves recorded, skeleton complete, reflexes present.
7 weeks - photo of thumbsucking, pain sensors are evident
8 weeks - all body systems present.
9 weeks - squints, swallows, moves tongue, makes fist.
11 weeks - spontaneous breathing movements, has fingernails, all body systems working.
16 weeks - genital organs clearly differentiated, grasps with hands, swims, kicks, turns, somersaults, (still not felt by the mother.)
18 weeks - vocal cords work – can cry.

Quote:
The thing is, unless it's you or someone close to you, you personally will never know when a woman looses a pregnancy, why or how or under what circumstances. Nor is it your business. It's just the idea that someone, somewhere, is "getting away with" something you don't approve of that gets you riled up.

Focus your attention on the tangible, help who you can who needs help and who is here and who is suffering. Let "the powers that be" deal with the things you can't do anything about. It's harder, I know, but it's for the best.
This narcisistic mentality is why our nation is sick from the inside - out... all of this mental & physical "dis-ease" roots from cognitive distortions & selfish thinking as displayed.

As a mother, I feel the need to care for ALL children, even those who have no voice...
Those, who you want to neglect & murder or ignore the inhumane murder of.

It's ironic when people like yourself who were allowed to live & not killed through abortion, argue that others are not allowed the same right.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Does that break your heart?
Achy breaky heart.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Supersoul are you a woman? Have 20 kids and raise them and be happy... have a lot of kids in the name of all the other aborted babies

Old 08-15-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Is it not common sense that aborting an 8-week gestation fetus isn't equivalent to murder? Guess not to you, which proves that "common sense" is a subjective concept.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So women are now " hosts"?
Until the baby is born, yeah pretty much... it doesn't sound very glamorous, but you can hardly call that an inaccurate term.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
You're absolutely right.

That being said, there's nothing wrong or immoral about abortion in my opinion.
I find it difficult to understand how someone could conclude that torturous murder of a child is ok & moral. I think the only way you could come to such a conclusion is if you are thinking as if it's theory only... & as if a human being's life isn't really being ripped apart as they try to cry for help, as is the case in many abortion murders.

Wake up!
It's not just "pretend" or "theory" - children are suffering because of BS lies & ignorance.
Do something about it!
Don't be sheep following BS lies & don't be apathetic to suffering - when you can do something to influence others to prevent suffering.

And it's not just these children who are suffering (although no doubt they suffer the most) - but statistics show that mothers who have abortions are much more likely to suffer mental & even physical complications afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies