Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 05:18 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
After he "politely declined" did he then call the media to tell them about it? How did this story get out there? Who told the media about his "polite" refusal? Who told the media the rather unbelievable story about the Secret Service thanking the guy for refusing the Vice President's request?

Seems there's something disrespectful about "politely declining" and then calling the press to brag about it. Maybe it's just me, but I see an inconsistency here.

Exactly.

There was nothing discrete, graceful, respectful or polite about what this man did. He wanted to become the new "Joe the Plumber" and hopefully karma will rain down on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I can't believe that conservatives are actually happy with the lack of respect that was shown to our country's Vice President. What happened to showing respect for the office even if you disagree with the policies?

Shall we revisit the President Bush years and the Liberal Venom?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:27 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
As a small business owner, I'd NEVER wish "Crumb and get it" any ill will. But he was being disrespectful. Disrespect is becoming a major problem with communication in this country.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:30 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It doesn't matter what he said, he showed an immense level of disrespect to the office of the Vice President and by proxy every American citizen.
Bullsh... Read the article, they were offended by the you didn't build this business crap. No disrespect to the American people.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
As a small business owner, I'd NEVER wish "Crumb and get it" any ill will. But he was being disrespectful. Disrespect is becoming a major problem with communication in this country.
Since when is refusing a photo op with the vice president being disrespectful? So if romney wins the election and wants to come and do a phot op with you, you would be more then happy to do it?

I think people like you have no idea what disrespect is. not wanting a photo op is not disrespect, if he called Biden names, or told him he wouldnt serve Bidens kind, then maybe it would be disrespect.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Actually, the businessman did do something wrong.

Snubbing a customer simply due to political affiliation (and misinterpretation of an otherwise correct speech) is wrong.
When the VP is coming into your shop, they don't just walk in for a photo op. Your business is SHUT DOWN so they can do a full security assessment, including a sweep for any dangerous materials. The ONLY reason a business owner would want the VP or P to come in is for the free publicity, and even then, there's no guarantee that any added business from that publicity will overcome loss of business from being shut down for that period of time.

Sometimes I think that people just don't have the capacity to think beyond a single letter. In this case, that letter is "D".

Old 08-17-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Since when is refusing a photo op with the vice president being disrespectful? So if romney wins the election and wants to come and do a phot op with you, you would be more then happy to do it?

I think people like you have no idea what disrespect is. not wanting a photo op is not disrespect, if he called Biden names, or told him he wouldnt serve Bidens kind, then maybe it would be disrespect.
I'd be freakin honored and excited for a photo op with a prez or vp. I respect the office...

Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'd be freakin honored and excited for a photo op with a prez or vp. I respect the office...
So in other words, you do not know what respect or disrespect is, it sounds more like you deal with being star struck.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
So in other words, you do not know what respect or disrespect is, it sounds more like you deal with being star struck.
Dear Lord Now you're typing for the sake of typing.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:09 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hopefully the next time I hear about this place it is out of business.
There's the compassionate liberal outlook we all know and expect. Hoping someone fails, how generous of you. You'd like to add more people to the welfare roles, eh?

You liberals just can't stand to see someone be a success, you're sure quick with the boot to the neck to try and suppress anyone who dares stand up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies