Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 07:52 AM

7,977 posts, read 7,369,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How long till Obama dumps Biden under the bus? He's gotta be thinking about it. Or I should say his handlers gotta be thinking about it. Ryan will wipe the floor with him in the VP debate not to mention all the gaffes crazy joe has been spouting on the trail the last week. Time to retire that guy.

I heard this morning that ol' Joe has an empty schedule this upcoming week - did Obama put him in the time out chair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 07:58 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,698,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hopefully the next time I hear about this place it is out of business.
Liberals - a little bit of tyranny in each and every one of them.

Go to North Korea, that's what they do to people who don't follow the party line. It's a Potemkin Utopia, and i hear it's really nice there this time of year.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 AM

1,187 posts, read 997,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
He not only wishes for failure, he's somehow hoping and expecting that a magical food inspector or IRS agent will appear with a "coincidental" audit/inspection. He actually believes that his own townspeople are going to somehow give him a "gotcha" as retaliation.
Well, why wouldn't he expect that? Look what they did to Joe the Plumber for asking the president (who was JUST a candidate at that point) a simple question!! They did audit him and the city council or something investigated his business and everything. So, yea, of course the libs expect bad things to happen to people who disagree with the president.. there's been precedents set for that kind of corruption!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:28 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,177,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hopefully the next time I hear about this place it is out of business.
Why would you want to hear they are out of business? Because they didn't want Joe "Foot in Mouth" Biden to stop by?

I think that sentiment alone speaks volumes about you and your ideals.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,162,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That guy's business will be bankrupt this time next year
Would you care to place a wager on that? I have $1,000 that says you're wrong. DM if interested.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,188,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Why would you want to hear they are out of business? Because they didn't want Joe "Foot in Mouth" Biden to stop by?
Like I stated previously in the thread, if he had just politely stated "no thank you" and moved on, then it'd be a non-issue. Instead the guy showed a complete lack of class parading around what he did to get attention. Then, of course, when he paraded his classless actions, people celebrated it.

It's merely a demonstration of how uncouth many people really are regarding politics. "Haha, you publicly snubbed the guy I don't like, lololololol".

Now, I don't want to see this guy out of business because of his actions directly to the VP. But his behaviour demonstrates qualities that are highly negative for a business owner. Making a spectacle of snubbing a potential customer is not exactly the smartest thing and can drive away customers. I wouldn't go to a business that publicly snubbed anyone (whether I agree with their political ideology or not) because if they're willing to be an outright jerk to a big name, there's a likelihood that the same attitude will be given to customers that they don't "like".

Old 08-17-2012, 12:12 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,820,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Wowzers.

The Prez insults this man with his statement about "you didnt build this business" and instead of holding Obama to the fire for making that statement, you are going to wish ill on a small businessman who was not a hypocrite? He didn't jump in the President's face and give the guy a lecture. He didn't throw a hissy fit and call the media.

He just politely said he didnt' really want the entourage in his place of business and didn't want pictures of himself with Biden.

Where did it say he is a registered Republican?
That's how they think. She wants this poor guy to go bankrupt for dissing BiteMe,
but yet she says, "Conservatives are vicious and disgusting people."

There ya go.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,241,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I can't believe that conservatives are actually happy with the lack of respect that was shown to our country's Vice President. What happened to showing respect for the office even if you disagree with the policies?
This Vice president shows no respect for American people he is suppose to lead

Old 08-17-2012, 01:10 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,056,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
No I do not need a mirror. You cannot find any bigoted statement made by me.
What is disgusting is your venom for this businessman. He did nothing wrong.
Actually, the businessman did do something wrong.

Snubbing a customer simply due to political affiliation (and misinterpretation of an otherwise correct speech) is wrong.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,820,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
To put this another way (so that maybe even you will understand it)....

There are certain lines that we should not cross as Americans out of respect for our leaders. For example, although I may not have approved of GWB/Cheney's policies and decisions I would never even dream of disrespecting them and their position as the leaders of our nation. EVER.

Republicans HATE President Obama and his administration (and the color of his skin) to the point where they have no shame in being overtly nasty and disrespectful. It really is a slippery slope. Let's say that Romeny is elected (its a longshot but for arguments sake just imagine)...would you be as flippant if a Pro-Obama supporter or a Democrat did the exact same type of dirty things that are being done to Obama/Biden?

I'm sorry but all sense of American honor and respect has gone out of the window, not because of what President Obama has done but because many can not stand the fact that a Black man leads this nation and they will do whatever it takes to undermine him. Its sad really. But the truth is that the night Obama was elected I knew that (some) White people would act this way because this is what they do when they feel that they are no longer the ones in power. They lose their minds and become unhinged with their disrespect.

I do not "hate" the President and I do not care what color he is.
My opposition to the President's policies has nothing to do with his race.
I would proudly vote for a black conservative for President.

I do not believe for a minute that you would not applaud anyone who disrespected Dick Cheney.
I recall all the "get well wishes" from the left when Mr. Cheney had his heart transplant.
W was disrespected by the left throughout his presidency.
(Since W was white and you opposed him, are you a racist?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies