Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,764,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I won't comment on this specific incident because I don't know what they guy wrote or what happened while he was in police custody.

Let me be very clear. I am against giving the police, the fbi, any authorities the power to come pick you up without charging you with an actual crime and just holding you.

But understand that in general the people who go around calling themselves patriots(which implicitly means they believe other American citizens are traitors), support this kind of expanded police power of the state.

These people are only worried about the expanded policing power of the state, because they believe that the government is being run by people who aren't one of them.

If for instance a muslim American were picked up and held by the same authorities based on terroristic Facebook messages, then the people who go around classifying themselves as patriots would be angry if someone suggested that was wrong.

The same people who go around calling themselves patriots support the police holding people without charging them with a crime for days.

They support the police stopping and frisking people based on their skin color and again are angry when it is suggested that these sorts of expanded police powers should be stopped.

They support giving the police the power to ask if someone is a citizen based on the way they look.

They supported the Patriot Act. They support the US government holding people for years in secret without charging them with a crime.

In the end, I hope the young man is ok and is reunited with his mother, and if he has mental health issues and if he is a danger to others I hope he gets helped.
Not true at all. I'm a patriot and I oppose everything on your list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM

683 posts, read 825,639 times
Why did Tower No.7 collapse?
Where is the wreckage from the plane that hit the Pentagon?

Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM

How about the CBS version of the story.... Or are they moon-bats as well?
Ex-Marine put in psych ward over Facebook posts - CBS News

Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,940,749 times
Come on, guys.

His posts indicated that he was planning to *lead the revolution.* You don't see the possible terrorist threats in his posts?

Some of his Facebook posts:
"The Revolution is here. And I will lead it."
"The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. "
"This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it." (Arial photo of the destroyed section of the Pentagon posted)
"The people responsible for posioning the America people from the sky will be held accountable. And there is going to be justice.

Just saying you think the government was responsible is one thing. Saying you are going to do something violent to get justice for it is different.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:54 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,940,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Why did Tower No.7 collapse?
Where is the wreckage from the plane that hit the Pentagon?
9-11 Review: ERROR: 'The Pentagon Attack Left No Aircraft Debris'

9-11 Review: ERROR: 'The Pentagon Attack Left Only a Small Impact Hole'

How about some peer reviewed scientific papers.

Debunking 9/11 Conspiracy Theories and Controlled Demolition - The Paper

Debunking 9/11 Quicklinks

Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM

45,247 posts, read 26,488,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Come on, guys.

His posts indicated that he was planning to *lead the revolution.* You don't see the possible terrorist threats in his posts?

Some of his Facebook posts:
"The Revolution is here. And I will lead it."
"The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. "
"This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it." (Arial photo of the destroyed section of the Pentagon posted)
"The people responsible for posioning the America people from the sky will be held accountable. And there is going to be justice.

Just saying you think the government was responsible is one thing. Saying you are going to do something violent to get justice for it is different.
Those are words and nothing more, he took no action.Should we have pre-crime laws as in Minority Report?

Old 08-21-2012, 04:25 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,905 times
I'm surprised that this guy hasn't been handcuffed & then shot in the back a few hundred times by a dozen federal agents who would testify of course that he was trying to attack them, etc.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM

Are these some of the same people who said that Oswald was a lone assassin???

Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Agreed. Being mentally ill, even psychotic is not grounds for involuntary admission. You are free to be mentally ill so as long as you don't pose a threat to others. Once you start threatening others then there are laws in place to protect other people. All this anger needs to be directed towards the guys family and friends who are convinced he needs professional psychiatric help.
Ever had a close friend or family member have an episode? I have a friend that lived a distance away from me and was having conversations with friends that lived near him and they drove him to a mental health facility and called his family. He's doing just fine now but.....whoa....he was NOT ok at the time and only a complete sh*t of a friend would have just left him alone to do god knows what. My friend has a kid that is schizophrenic and had a similar experience, the kid is now doing well but at the time....wow, scary stuff.

They absolutely can and then get some meds and recover so I'm not shocked that the guy might be lucid now.

To say that we should be angry at his inner circle, whom were there and we no doubt don't have access to what was going on is frankly unfair.

Basically, what you have here is a thread trying to manipulate the mental breakdown of a guy into being some sort of sinister government plot to silence him and also portray his family as evil for not leaving him alone until he hung himself etc.

Meanwhile, there are hundreds of thousands of similar 9-11 and other conspiracies all over the web. It's just scumbags trying to give legitimacy to their views by making nebulous claims that the government is trying to silence them.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,403,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Are these some of the same people who said that Oswald was a lone assassin???

Back and to the left....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies