Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:20 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
politicians chipping away at women's rights pointless? to women who care and want to protect our civil rights for ourselves and future generations it is very important
Before the Taliban took over Afghanistan the women had rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The personhood bill he has sponsored would ban ALL abortions, and some forms of birth control.
Again, it didn't pass with that language, and didn't pass at all. So, how is he going to enforce that belief?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:00 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Paul Ryan on the Issues

Paul Ryan on Abortion

ep. Paul Ryan Supported the "Let Women Die" Bill
Rep. Ryan voted for, and cosponsored, H.R.358, the "Let Women Die" bill. This bill would allow hospitals to refuse to provide emergency abortion care even when it's necessary to save a woman's life.

the presidency, says The Hill.
Rep. Paul Ryan's Support for "Personhood"

Rep. Paul Ryan cosponsored "personhood" legislation that would ban abortion care in almost all cases. It could even outlaw several of the most common forms of birth control, restrict fertility treatments, and end stem-cell research.

Rep. Ryan has been outspoken on his anti-choice views:
  • “I’m as pro-life as a person gets. You’re not going to have a truce. Judges are going to come up. Issues come up, they’re unavoidable, and I’m never going to not vote pro-life.”5
Paul Ryan :: NARAL Pro-Choice America

If you do not think his ultra pro-life is not goping to work against both him and Mittens you do not understand the power or voting women amd you do not seem to know that the vast majority of Americans are pro-choice. As with Palin, the GOP assured themselves of a loss in November by picking Ryan, and Ryan is only using it to further expose himself to the general public for a possible run in 2016.
This fixation you folks have with abortions would be easier to stomach if you actually gave a rat's patoot about the quality of life after birth! When are you going to address the 'on welfare' single mother of multiple children with multiple absentee fathers in any meaningful manner?

All of this tripe over abortions in your political arena while your country is drowning in debt and and rotting from within with moral decay.

Get your priorities straight and vote for the numbnuts that will do the best job and leave all of this religious bigotry the hell out of the voting booths. What's the matter with you people?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
This fixation you folks have with abortions would be easier to stomach if you actually gave a rat's patoot about the quality of life after birth! When are you going to address the 'on welfare' single mother of multiple children with multiple absentee fathers in any meaningful manner?

All of this tripe over abortions in your political arena while your country is drowning in debt and and rotting from within with moral decay.

Get your priorities straight and vote for the numbnuts that will do the best job and leave all of this religious bigotry the hell out of the voting booths. What's the matter with you people?

My opposition to Ryan is that he isn't a small government guy, he isn't even a good numbers guy.

Not cutting the military and cutting taxes on the wealthy while enforcing the middle class to pay more out of pocket for things they've taken for granted many years? And then not balancing the budget until 2040?

Then on top of that wanting to allow the federal government to ban private citizens right to choose whatever it is they want.

Thats not small government

Yeah, pathetic.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Again, it didn't pass with that language, and didn't pass at all. So, how is he going to enforce that belief?
HR 212 is currently in committee, it has not been voted on yet.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My opposition to Ryan is that he isn't a small government guy, he isn't even a good numbers guy.

Not cutting the military and cutting taxes on the wealthy while enforcing the middle class to pay more out of pocket for things they've taken for granted many years? And then not balancing the budget until 2040?

Then on top of that wanting to allow the federal government to ban private citizens right to choose whatever it is they want.

Thats not small government

Yeah, pathetic.
I couldn't agree more! Tickle-down hasn't worked yet and it won't work now!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:57 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The criminal/rapist is not trying to force a woman to carry his rape baby, Paul Ryan and his ilk are the ones trying to do that.

Being forced to carry a rape pregnancy isn't important? Easy for a man to say.
well just kill the baby! who cares, i don't its not mine. all i ask is that public money not be use to carry out such barbaric killings!! make the rapist pay for it!! women have the right to kill thier babies. they can kill all the babies they want. and lots of women are happy about that what ever rocks their boat. just dont make me rock it with my money that i pay to the government to keep me safe. not to kill inocent babies!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
Yeah, tell that to her.
who ever did that deserves to be kill. are you liberals willing to kill that man.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
well just kill the baby! who cares, i don't its not mine. all i ask is that public money not be use to carry out such barbaric killings!! make the rapist pay for it!! women have the right to kill thier babies. they can kill all the babies they want. and lots of women are happy about that what ever rocks their boat. just dont make me rock it with my money that i pay to the government to keep me safe. not to kill inocent babies!
Babies are not aborted, fetuses are aborted......big difference.

I don't get to pick and choose what the government does with my money.....why should you?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Babies are not aborted, fetuses are aborted......big difference.

I don't get to pick and choose what the government does with my money.....why should you?
i guess you dont vote, some people dont care! i do!! fetuses become babies babies become children, children become teens teens become adults. it is killing a human being no other way to look at it. when a woman choses to kill a human being before it leaves its mark on the human race. it is a killing!!!

Last edited by gysmo; 09-02-2012 at 09:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies