Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times

Advertisements

He should lead by example and "Pay his fair share"

Raise Barack Obama's Taxes... - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Personally, I would rather put him on unemployment.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:41 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Who is this 0bama? Never heard of him. I don't care how much 0bama has paid in taxes if all done legally.

Why won't Romney release more than 1 year of tax returns? What is he hiding?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Who is this 0bama? Never heard of him. I don't care how much 0bama has paid in taxes if all done legally.

Why won't Romney release more than 1 year of tax returns? What is he hiding?
I don't know.. Is there a requirement that he release his tax returns? What about Obamas education records? Why won't he release them? What is he hiding? Maybe they should both come clean on these issues and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:47 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Obama, release your federal tax returns!!!!!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Even Bill Kristol, besides the hidden tax return issue, is pretty appalled about the 13% that Mittens claims to have paid.

Quote:
Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol on Monday admitted that it was “kinda weird†that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s tax rate was only around 13 percent when most middle-class people paid significantly more.
“The custom over the last 20-30 years, I suppose, has been to release at least a couple years of tax returns,†the neoconservative pundit told C-SPAN. “If you know you’re running for president anyway, I think it’s just part of the price of running. … Obama did so Romney probably should do it.â€
“Look, it’s an interesting debate about what tax rates people should pay, how progressive the tax code should be,†he continued. “I personally, if I were designing the tax code, would have a tax code in which Mitt Romney paid more than 13 percent, I would say, given what I know about the kind of investments he made money from.â€
“I’m just not a believer that he needed — that there would have been any economic determent to paying more, and I think it just seems kinda weird that he pays a lower rate than an awful lot of middle-class people.â€
Bill Kristol: ‘Kinda weird’ Romney pays lower tax rate than middle-class people | The Raw Story

Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times
Hey there are plenty of rich Dems in office right now screaming how we need to tax the rich. I don't see them pulling out their check books to send extra money to Uncle Sam. Hypocrites the whole lot of them.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't know.. Is there a requirement that he release his tax returns?
No requirement, but in the last 40 years, every candidate and president has released more than 7 years of their tax returns. Bush released 15 years, Clinton nearly 20 years. Obama has released 11 years worht of tax returns.

Quote:
What about Obamas education records? Why won't he release them? What is he hiding? Maybe they should both come clean on these issues and let the chips fall where they may.
education records are private records and not a single president released them voluntarily (and if you bring up Kerry or Bush, then no, they did not release their records, they were released without their permission)

Old 08-21-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
No requirement, but in the last 40 years, every candidate and president has released more than 7 years of their tax returns. Bush released 15 years, Clinton nearly 20 years. Obama has released 11 years worht of tax returns.

education records are private records and not a single president released them voluntarily (and if you bring up Kerry or Bush, then no, they did not release their records, they were released without their permission)

Exactly... There is NO requirement and if Romney takes the deductions he is entitled to, it would be politically advantageous to his competition. Obviously the IRS reviews Romneys taxes when they are submitted and if there were any irregularities, they would audit him.

Education records are private, but not a single president has gone to such extremes to have them sealed. It raises questions and leads people to think that Obama is less than forthcoming. This is the president who campaigned four years ago about a transparent government. Why would this be such an issue?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Education records are private, but not a single president has gone to such extremes to have them sealed. It raises questions and leads people to think that Obama is less than forthcoming. This is the president who campaigned four years ago about a transparent government. Why would this be such an issue?
I know I'll regret asking this but to what extremes has Obama gone to seal his transcripts? Universities are required by law to keep students' personal information private. Ever heard of FERPA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies