Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

Inflame your base and exclude your opposition. Soundls like any ethicsless business deal to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Then move to a state where there isn't control freaks
All three west coast states(I infer from your user name that the west coast is for you) are run by Democrats - and the Democrats are control freaks.

Just giving some moving advice so people know what places to avoid.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And as long as the majority of the electorate is naive enough that more government intervention, at any level, can "solve problems", they deserve the misery they vote upon themselves.
I'm not voting it on myself, I'm just having it imposed on me...

Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Abortion and gay marriage are being talked about too much. It's what the people at the top want.

Meanwhile the economy crumbles, the border and immigration continues to be a HUGE problem, endless wars, and millions out of work.

Leave the social issues to the states!

The federal government and the elections is like watching "professional" wrestling. It's all an act.

Of course, we have a candidate who isn't into the shallow pool circus and tells us the hard truths of the economy. In fact his plan would cut $1 Trillion from the budget in the first year. But, those in love with the status quo would rather partake of the Presidential Reality Show.

Obama-Romney: they agree on almost everything.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
All three west coast states(I infer from your user name that the west coast is for you) are run by Democrats - and the Democrats are control freaks.

Yet one west coast state is home to the world's most productive tecnological region in the world... Can't all be that bad.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Some wish to make their social preferences federal law.
I want to reduce the federal government to the bare bones of the COTUS.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:32 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Eh, the name was more directed towards the weather but I think California is too far left. Too many illegals, too many taxes....yet they haven't legalized pot?!?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The Republicons use the usual 'God Gays and Guns' tactic in every election. At this point it's very old and tired though. Still they want to get as many of their haters out to vote as they can.
There you have it folks...... proof of what the OP is talking about

The power players want you divided...... the economy and fixing America is the the issue not the paranoid God is ruining us arguments

They do it because it is so easy to manipulate peoples minds..... like the one above....... a divided people will be easier to control

Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
The Republicons use the usual 'God Gays and Guns' tactic in every election. At this point it's very old and tired though. Still they want to get as many of their haters out to vote as they can.
Wag that dawg....

Old 08-25-2012, 10:21 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Abortion and gay marriage are being talked about too much. It's what the people at the top want.

Meanwhile the economy crumbles, the border and immigration continues to be a HUGE problem, endless wars, and millions out of work.

Leave the social issues to the states!

The federal government and the elections is like watching "professional" wrestling. It's all an act.
Because some people value personal liberty, over economic liberty.

And here is the kicker, Republicans aren't talking about real economic liberty. Lower taxes and revenue will magically grow? What cuts are they talking about that will really balance the budget. 2040? You can't be serious.

See, this is the false choice that Republicans are trying to give you. They say "we're here to balance the budget", but they aren't. So you can choose between the party of personal liberty and bad economics, or the party of less personal liberty and bad economics.

I'm still waiting for a real "economic" party to emerge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies