Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 09:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So you concede that a pre-born baby is human, thank you for your intellectual honesty. So, if we should be allowed to murder a pre-born baby human, for whatever reason, why should we not be allowed to murder a 3 month old baby human?
LOL, "intellectual honesty". Is there some other kind of honesty?

Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,278,303 times
Quote:
Always with the "zygote" and "clump of cells" nonsense.
Truth hurts doesn't it?

Quote:
Do you know at what age a fetus develops lungs, how early in the pregnancy?
Yes I do. Doesn't mean that the lungs are functional.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,395,509 times
Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Terri was murdered. I am still horrified that occurred in this country. She was a person.
If abortion is made illegal, then this type of murder needs to be made illegal too. Taking away food and water from a person. Until death.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
So you concede that a pre-born baby is human, thank you for your intellectual honesty.
No one said it wasn't. What you FAIL to grasp is that HUMAN LIFE doesn't start until birth.

recognized by law and by science.

Can you get it through your head, that abortion is a right, that you and your ninny-nannies have no business in telling what other women can do with their bodies.

IF you don't want us to poke around your medical decisions or bugging you, then you have no right to tell what women can do with their medical decisions. that's between her, her doctor, and whatever deity she believes in.

Does ABORTION directly hurt you? Answer that question. How does a 17 year old girl, who was raped, who wants to get an abortion DIRECTLY affect you?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:06 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,160,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
There you go with your logical fallacies.

If you can't tell the difference between a LIVING BREATHING (with aid) Human BEING, and a clump of cells, it is NOT us, who believe in the freedom of choice, who has a problem.
I say, instead of an abortion, just deliver the "baby, fetus, *whatever". If it lives, then the mother/father is responsible. If it cannot live outside the womb, then it is not viable. They all get one shot. Case closed.

20yrsinBranson

Old 08-25-2012, 10:11 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,222,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I do understand lots of people believe in god. have no problem with that at all. but we do disagree not all religious people are anti choice, nor do all religious people think it is imperative to want people to live by their value. which is my point.

murder in this case is subjective. as far as justification up to a certain point that belongs to the woman alone.

I do agree with the op you are not really completely pro life if you make exceptions but it does make you compassionate and understanding that you shouldn't expect all women to lead the life you want for them

Do you have any idea why slavery was abolished in this country?

It was the simple idea that, if the fundamentalist hardcore Christians in the north, were really moral and righteous, and if they believed slavery was immoral and evil, and if they had the power to stop it and did nothing, then they believed that they were implicated in the evil, and they themselves were sinning and immoral.

The reality is, most religions believe you have a moral duty to stop evil from happening around you. It is basically the concept of the good Samaritan. And there are laws that are basically "good Samaritan laws" on the books right now in many areas of the country, which states if you see a crime happening, then you have an obligation to at least call the police or even try to stop the crime. Basically, if you see someone murdering someone, and you do nothing, then you can go to prison.

What I'm saying is, many Christians(and other religious groups) believe that abortion just because the woman doesn't want to be pregnant, is not a legitimate reason for murder. And if they allow abortions to happen, and they have the power to stop them, yet they still do nothing, then they are themselves sinning.

I am not a religious person. And regardless of my irreligious nature, I see it from a compassionate point-of-view.

I don't know what exactly humanity is, it always amazes me that I exist, or at least that I'm me and I am aware of myself being, and that I was born some random time where I was born to my mother. It always amazes me.

I try to define what life is and what life isn't, what consciousness is and what consciousness isn't, and what the meaning of life is. But, it is impossible to ever answer any of my questions with any certainty.

But, I think there is probably more to life than just what we see. It just seems impossible.

I was thinking yesterday about water. Yes, water. It is something that most people probably don't put much thought into. But water is quite amazing.

Water is the universal solvent, and it has a PH of 7, not an acid or a base. It is very common and can be broken down into its constituent parts easily, which are also some of the most abundant atoms in the universe.

I mean, isn't water amazing? What would things be like without water? Or at least, if water didn't have the properties of water.

Anyway, my point is, I believe that humanity is something more than just being alive. There are many more things that are alive than humans, that I don't think twice about killing and possibly even eating. But I cannot place humanity on the same level of dogs and cats, or even whales and dolphins for that matter.

I feel like, if a person wants to have an abortion, like I said, I think they have a social duty to explain to the people around them, and hypothetically their own child, why they believed it was better for that child not to be born. And I think its silly to believe that the only person who has any say at all, is the woman. It just isn't realistic.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I say, instead of an abortion, just deliver the "baby, fetus, *whatever".
You still are forcing a woman to go through something she doesn't want to go through.

Will you pay for her:

Medical Care (monthly and weekly checkups)
Medicine (gestational diabetes, pain)
Housing
Missing wages (since she has to take off from work)
Clothing (maternity wear can get expensive)
Extra Food that she'll need eat
Medical problems (if forced to remain in bed for her pregnancy, will you pay for her hospital care at $10,000 a day....when she has to be there for 5 months?)
Cost of delivering the baby ($80,000 - $300,000 if there are complications, does c-section etc)

Old 08-25-2012, 10:13 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
Quote:
Ah, so it's the old real estate principle: location, location, location, huh? Sucks for the pre-born baby then, doesn't it? A pre-born baby still in the womb can survive on it's own as equally as someone on dialysis, insulin, feeding tube, etc.

Btw, as you are well aware this thread is specifically for pro-life people. You are pro-abortion.
you need to get educated. there is no such word as "pre born baby" a fetus can not survive on it's own nor is it equal to a living breathing person on dialysis.

you want to come live in my house for 9 months. literally live of me, then live off me for another 18 years? yes you need my permission. it is my real estate

Old 08-25-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Yes, but there isn't a day where the old beliefs of the south from 200 years ago, are still held true. There are many that wished that slavery wasn't abolished.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:16 AM

18,414 posts, read 19,051,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

It was the simple idea that, if the fundamentalist hardcore Christians in the north, were really moral and righteous, and if they believed slavery was immoral and evil, and if they had the power to stop it and did nothing, then they believed that they were implicated in the evil, and they themselves were sinning and immoral.

The reality is, most religions believe you have a moral duty to stop evil from happening around you. It is basically the concept of the good Samaritan. And there are laws that are basically "good Samaritan laws" on the books right now in many areas of the country, which states if you see a crime happening, then you have an obligation to at least call the police or even try to stop the crime. Basically, if you see someone murdering someone, and you do nothing, then you can go to prison.

What I'm saying is, many Christians(and other religious groups) believe that abortion just because the woman doesn't want to be pregnant, is not a legitimate reason for murder. And if they allow abortions to happen, and they have the power to stop them, yet they still do nothing, then they are themselves sinning.

I am not a religious person. And regardless of my irreligious nature, I see it from a compassionate point-of-view.

I don't know what exactly humanity is, it always amazes me that I exist, or at least that I'm me and I am aware of myself being, and that I was born some random time where I was born to my mother. It always amazes me.

I try to define what life is and what life isn't, what consciousness is and what consciousness isn't, and what the meaning of life is. But, it is impossible to ever answer any of my questions with any certainty.

But, I think there is probably more to life than just what we see. It just seems impossible.

I was thinking yesterday about water. Yes, water. It is something that most people probably don't put much thought into. But water is quite amazing.

Water is the universal solvent, and it has a PH of 7, not an acid or a base. It is very common and can be broken down into its constituent parts easily, which are also some of the most abundant atoms in the universe.

I mean, isn't water amazing? What would things be like without water? Or at least, if water didn't have the properties of water.

Anyway, my point is, I believe that humanity is something more than just being alive. There are many more things that are alive than humans, that I don't think twice about killing and possibly even eating. But I cannot place humanity on the same level of dogs and cats, or even whales and dolphins for that matter.

I feel like, if a person wants to have an abortion, like I said, I think they have a social duty to explain to the people around them, and hypothetically their own child, why they believed it was better for that child not to be born. And I think its silly to believe that the only person who has any say at all, is the woman. It just isn't realistic.
a woman can make a choice based on her life and morals. she does not have to explain to anyone unless she wants to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies