Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 03:16 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,106,937 times

Advertisements

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b05127cced1535

He was originally hesitant to say so but I guess his leftist friends bullied him into agreeing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 04:15 PM

1,348 posts, read 793,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

He was originally hesitant to say so but I guess his leftist friends bullied him into agreeing.
Bullies are gonna bully. It's what they live for and the weak cave into it.
Maybe they offered to buy him a 4th house. In Cuba or Venezuela.... a sunny, more 'socialized' place.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:17 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,907,205 times
Quote:

He was originally hesitant to say so but I guess his leftist friends bullied him into agreeing
Ice should be abolished and replaced they're a bunch of thugs.

Old 07-03-2018, 04:19 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I want so see an actual policy proposal. Okay, so you abolish ICE, then what? Who handles enforcement, and how will it be different from what ICE currently does? Merely abolishing ICE doesn't do anything to solve the problem. It's the sort of Trump-like simpleton statement that people can rally around but it's not an actual solution and doesn't really accomplish whatever goal they have.

Old 07-03-2018, 06:47 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,768,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I want so see an actual policy proposal. Okay, so you abolish ICE, then what? Who handles enforcement, and how will it be different from what ICE currently does? Merely abolishing ICE doesn't do anything to solve the problem. It's the sort of Trump-like simpleton statement that people can rally around but it's not an actual solution and doesn't really accomplish whatever goal they have.
Sure it does. The goal is simply to weaken immigration law enforcement.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:21 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,614,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
They don't want enforcement--that's the point.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:19 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,130,621 times
They want to bring back INS and get it away from the heavy handed Homeland Security dept.

I don’t even care at this point. Just stop being horrible at the border. I was actually ashamed to be an American when Sessions said it would serve as a deterrent, and we saw little kids being rounded up and sent away with no good unification procedure in place. Just to make an example. Don’t bother arguing this point, I have his quotes.

America, for decades, the shining light of freedom, the best country of them all. American exceptionalism was accepted by the entire world as just who we are.

I know we can’t afford to support the world’s poor, terrorized, raped, and frightened, because there are too many of them. Can we please not add to the trauma? Just send them home, after a proper meal and a referral to their consulate.

I feel like the shining light that the United States has always been, is being dimmed.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:00 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,187,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
They want to bring back INS and get it away from the heavy handed Homeland Security dept.

I don’t even care at this point. Just stop being horrible at the border. I was actually ashamed to be an American when Sessions said it would serve as a deterrent, and we saw little kids being rounded up and sent away with no good unification procedure in place. Just to make an example. Don’t bother arguing this point, I have his quotes.

America, for decades, the shining light of freedom, the best country of them all. American exceptionalism was accepted by the entire world as just who we are.

I know we can’t afford to support the world’s poor, terrorized, raped, and frightened, because there are too many of them. Can we please not add to the trauma? Just send them home, after a proper meal and a referral to their consulate.

I feel like the shining light that the United States has always been, is being dimmed.

Once again, it was only those parents who entered our country illegally with their kids that got separated as we don't put kids in jail with their parents. Also, they were forewarned not to come here and do that yet they chose to do it anyway so why are you blaming the U.S. instead of them? Those claiming asylum and presenting themselves at a border checkpoint were not separated from their kids. I don't know how many times this has to be repeated until you guys get it.

We are still a shining light of freedom who those who come within our laws. Get a grip!

Old 07-04-2018, 07:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,040,338 times
Quote:

oh selective reasoning...lol.

Sanders is calling for the abolishment of the existing department and a restructuring. That doesn't mean he is calling for open borders or no control. Just different control.

So when Trump called for the abolishment of Obamacare -- he wasn't calling for the abolishment of all health care in the country -- just the abolishment of that health care system.

Sometimes reading is hard......

Old 07-04-2018, 07:09 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,468,814 times
Bernie Sanders joins list of left learners calling to abolish IcE

No one is calling for the abolition of border controls and enforcement, that is a deliberate misrepresentation. Of course, the liar in chief would be the most guilty of that to amp up his shrinking base. Congress has the responsibility to oversee and restructure ICE as necessary.

I have had personal experience with those people. The organization needs to be reformed.

Last edited by Hesychios; 07-04-2018 at 07:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies