Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
so when can we start putting the employees of the TSA on a sexual offenders list? most people know that the way they search at an airport would cause anyone not employed by the feds to be put in jail and be a sexual offender for the rest of their lives.
Did they do anything the children/minors? Did the person (victim) bring charges agaisnt them? and did it go to court? was anyone one of them convictded of sexually offending or molesting anyone? Why would they be registered if there are no charges or proven in court of law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This is where we will part ways. I dont care if they thought that cornholing a child would make the kid fall in love. I dont care if they never thought that it might scar the child for life. I dont care that he might have been molested as a child. What I do care about is that an adult violated a child. That he was able to do it once and might do it again. I care that he had no concern about how the child would be hurt.
Your home is your business and I dont and wont tell you how to live. I am sure you are a loving parent. I have been all over this world. Bad people abound and they depend on soft touches to get off light. They depend on trusting people to select easy targets. The one thing criminals all seem to have in common is that they can justify what they do and it is society that is screwed up for not accepting them.

Another +1 for you

Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
With a slit throat you couldn't prevent either of those things.

And if he is going to break into my home to get what he wants (a 20 year felony in my state) and forcibly rape someone (a life felony) he is not going to care whether I liked him or not. He'd put me out of the way. We are talking about the extreme sociopath here, and although we don't like to think so, our options with dealing with those sort of people are pretty limited.

Thankfully most pedophiles, let alone most sex offenders in general, do NOT have such propensities.
It doesn't excuse what they do and it's no excuse not to have them registered.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Are we ever on opposites sides here. I am for registreis of all convicted sex offenders you think all of them regardless of what they did should not be registered. I am against registries, giveing out information of the victims and their families and families of the regisgered offender, regardless of being pedophile or child molester. Don't be a predator of children, women and men or any human being and there will not be a need to worry about being registered. Don't make the victim and their families become more victimized than they already have been by the sex offender, criminal. The same for the convicted sex offender's family they did nothing to deserve being attacked they should not be registered as family members. Committing a crime and sexual offense should always have been and remain known and available to the public. Don't do it and there is no need to worry about anyone finding out you did it. But, as I said, I support the privacy of the victims and families of both sides.
In my state, not only are the offenders' names, photographs and addresses public information, but so are their vehicles and work and school addresses. So much for not involving families!

Quote:
I am all for registries of convicted criminals, pedophiles, child molesters, and yes it is our opinion here on this website. Everything everyone here has to say is their opinion, hopes and wants, regardless of what fact they post or not. It is yours, and all of our opinions in every single discussion.
The definition of words like "pedophile" is not a matter of opinion. If you are going to make claims about what pedophiles do or do not do, you need to know in what sense the word is being used in the evidence you are citing. To use the term in a different way from the material you are employing to bolster your case isn't an "opinion", it is dishonesty.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
It doesn't excuse what they do and it's no excuse not to have them registered.
There doesn't need to be an "excuse" not to have them registered. Nobody was registered until 1994. Most countries do not have public registries. Registries are not a prerequisite of civilization, they are merely a result of legislative cowardice and pandering.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Quote:
Meerly treating the criminal the way they treated their victims. The criminal has options. Work for a living no need to rob someone.
Not easily. Frequently there is a little box on application forms, even for fast food, that says "Have you ever been charged with a crime?" or something similar. If you honestly don't think that anyone who puts yes on that is automatically moved to the bottom of the pile, if not thrown out totally, then I would really like a bit of whatever you're drinking over there.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Quote:
That maybe your conclusion but not mine.
Life is all about consequences good and bad.
I graduated HS but didnt go to college. I might become a CEO, very doubtful more likely to win the lottery. I made choices. So I wont make millions a year. I make in the high 70's. I am a good industrial mechanic.
Had I broken laws I wouldnt have this job. The company I work for does background checks. They dont hire felons.
Everyone is taught early on that you dont want a record. You will have a harder life if you do. That is the consequence for breaking laws.
I have a kid on my team. Just checked into rehab. Addicted to Vikaden, oxy something and some other drug. He wont be on my team when he returns. I wont work with a drug user, they are unsafe. They lie and they make a lot of mistakes. The consequences? On my team people promote fast. We are a bench mark team and do a lot of training. His choices have cost him the support of a team that would do anything for one of their own provided he doesnt break the faith. I like him and will miss his humor. I won't miss dealing with his habits. Consequences.
Criminals make a choice to risk arrest, to risk their future, but worse still to harm others. They made a choice to not be treated like honest people.
So nobody can be sorry for what they did, pay for it (via prison or other methods,) and then attempt to be a better person later on because they learned their lesson?

Old 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
There doesn't need to be an "excuse" not to have them registered. Nobody was registered until 1994. Most countries do not have public registries. Registries are not a prerequisite of civilization, they are merely a result of legislative cowardice and pandering.
I don't agree with you. It's not cowardice and pandering. Just because you don't like people knowing who is convicted (insert offense, violation, rape, molestation, etc etc) doesn't mean it's cowardice and pandering.

I don't much care that other Countries do not have public registries. I do care that we have them here, especially when it comes to committing a crime, and especially when it comes to crimes against children. Maybe all sexual predators, and murderers who do get out, should go move to those other Countries.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 PM

1 posts, read 666 times
Is a public golf course that only is available for golfing. no park .. considered a park in the distance requirements for RSO's?
There is a public golf course down the street from where I live and I am trying to get my brother who is a RSO parolled to my house. But not sure if the golf course is going to be a problem.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganlady View Post
Is a public golf course that only is available for golfing. no park .. considered a park in the distance requirements for RSO's?
There is a public golf course down the street from where I live and I am trying to get my brother who is a RSO parolled to my house. But not sure if the golf course is going to be a problem.
I honestly don't know, your brother might want to get in touch with a parole officer or perhaps a lawyer with that kind of question. You do not want to leave that kind of information up to random strangers on the internet. We are by no means an authority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies