Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:32 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,493,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You didnt answer the question. Is it in any way acceptable for an adult to have even cosensual sex with a child?
No, and it is already punished extremely harshly. I have no desire to make a miserable person even more miserable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,493,456 times
Quote:
Better my throat than my childs. better my throat than my child being molested.
With a slit throat you couldn't prevent either of those things.

Quote:
But then again if he slits your throat simply because you refuse to befreind him, understand him or socialize with him, I am pretty sure he will need very little provocation no matter how you treat him.
And if he is going to break into my home to get what he wants (a 20 year felony in my state) and forcibly rape someone (a life felony) he is not going to care whether I liked him or not. He'd put me out of the way. We are talking about the extreme sociopath here, and although we don't like to think so, our options with dealing with those sort of people are pretty limited.

Thankfully most pedophiles, let alone most sex offenders in general, do NOT have such propensities.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,242,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No, and it is already punished extremely harshly. I have no desire to make a miserable person even more miserable.
7 years is the average sentence. with an average 3 being served. How is this extremely harsh given the nature of the crime?
Sex Offender Statistics - Child Molester Statistics

I would hope the punishment would be extremely harsh.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:56 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,506,332 times
Quote:
Meerly treating the criminal the way they treated their victims.
These people served their time, their debt to society repayed. That is the entire purpose of the highly punitive prison complex we have now. It shouldn't be, but it is.

But instead of being released and treated as citizens of this country, whcih they are, who treat them no different than if they were still locked away. That is morally and ethically inhumane--

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-29-2012 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: insults

Old 08-28-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
These people served their time, their debt to society repayed. That is the entire purpose of the highly punitive prison complex we have now. It shouldn't be, but it is.

But instead of being released and treated as citizens of this country, whcih they are, iwho treat them no different than if they were still locked away. That is morally and ethically inhumane--.
It is not punitive to not trust a convicted thief. It is not punitive to not trust a convicted pedophile. It is not punitive to not trust a convicted arsonist. It is common sense.
They made a choice to violate society. Welcome to consequences.
I am worse than the excons? I robbed someone at gun point? I raped a child? I raped woman whose only crime was getting in her car after working a double shift? You have an odd sense of right from wrong. I dont go out of my way to interact with excons. I avoid them. Last time I checked not a crime.
Inhumane? That would be tieing an old woman up with a lamp cord beating her then robbing her. That would be pistol whipping a store clerk for not moving fast enough. That would be throwing a driver out into traffic ans stealing their car. That would be forcing a child to allow an adult to penetrate them. These are inhumane acts.. Ignoring and not trusting a proven criminal is common sense.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-29-2012 at 04:10 AM..

Old 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,506,332 times
Quote:
It is not punitive to not trust a convicted thief. It is not punitive to not trust a convicted pedophile. It is not punitive to not trust a convicted arsonist. It is common sense.
They made a choice to violate society. Welcome to consequences.
I am worse than the excons? I robbed someone at gun point? I raped a child? I raped woman whose only crime was getting in her car after working a double shift? You have an odd sense of right from wrong. I dont go out of my way to interact with excons. I avoid them. Last time I checked not a crime.
Inhumane? That would be tieing an old woman up with a lamp cord beating her then robbing her. That would be pistol whipping a store clerk for not moving fast enough. That would be throwing a driver out into traffic ans stealing their car. That would be forcing a child to allow an adult to penetrate them. These are inhumane acts.. Ignoring and not trusting a proven criminal is common sense.
Okay, let's take it to the logical conclusion. If you're ever convicted of any crime what so ever, you should be put in prison and never let go. ever.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-29-2012 at 04:10 AM..

Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Okay, let's take it to the logical conclusion. If you're ever convicted of any crime what so ever, you should be put in prison and never let go. ever.
That maybe your conclusion but not mine.
Life is all about consequences good and bad.
I graduated HS but didnt go to college. I might become a CEO, very doubtful more likely to win the lottery. I made choices. So I wont make millions a year. I make in the high 70's. I am a good industrial mechanic.
Had I broken laws I wouldnt have this job. The company I work for does background checks. They dont hire felons.
Everyone is taught early on that you dont want a record. You will have a harder life if you do. That is the consequence for breaking laws.
I have a kid on my team. Just checked into rehab. Addicted to Vikaden, oxy something and some other drug. He wont be on my team when he returns. I wont work with a drug user, they are unsafe. They lie and they make a lot of mistakes. The consequences? On my team people promote fast. We are a bench mark team and do a lot of training. His choices have cost him the support of a team that would do anything for one of their own provided he doesnt break the faith. I like him and will miss his humor. I won't miss dealing with his habits. Consequences.
Criminals make a choice to risk arrest, to risk their future, but worse still to harm others. They made a choice to not be treated like honest people.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:33 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,325,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Age of consent was raised when people lived longer than 45.
What does how long someone lives have to do with how soon they are cognitively able to make life decisions?

Also, as mentioned before, the reason for the uptick in average age wasn't because most people were dying at 45, it was because a bunch of people were dying at 0,1,2,3, and 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I do not care how Megan's Law ruins lives.
How is not caring about innocent lives being ruined really different than ruining innocent lives?

Old 08-29-2012, 06:28 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,770,934 times
Quote:
Yeah no doubt. If the individule stepped on foot on to my property he would understand what it is to be a victim.

Hmmm.... all that anger because somebody had consensual sex while 16 years old.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:29 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,770,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
They are criminals
So you don't believe criminals can be rehabed? Then you might as well just kill all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies