Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Your anology is simply wrong. It would be the same as standing unarmed in front of a cop with a gun and refusing to move and then the cop shoots you. That would be excessive use of force and considered murder. Lets get our analogies correct.
While my analogy was not perfect, I will better it for you.

There is a company knocking down trees with a huge armored machine, because the trees are being used by people to hide behind and shoot at other people, (Just like the homes were being used to build bombs to blow up Israelies). You chain yourself to a tree to protect it because you feel the tree should not be knocked down, and end up getting squashed when the machine knocks down the tree you have chained yourself to.

Your family then sues the company knocking down the trees, so the trees cannot be used as cover for people to hide behind and shoot other people.

That better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
"Quelle Surprise !". Is anyone really shocked at this? I thought the outcome was pretty obvious from word go...

Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Amazing that it took 13 posts before the predictable anti-semite slander is thrown out. You win the prize for the being the first. Congratulations.

My point? HOw could you miss it. An Israeli soldier intentionally runs over an american activist and the Israeli court clears him by calling it an accident. Based on the facts that are in the article, There is simply no way this was an accident. It was murder, and the soldier remains unpunished. That is the point for those to obtuse to devine it.
Ok, like I said..... selective outrage once again by the leftist crowd

Post a thread on the outrage of yours over the murder of Israelis by Muslims and then we can talk...... until then, the bias is apparent and we can't take you seriously

Lots of Anti Semitism on this board

Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

Post a thread on the outrage of yours over the murder of Israelis by Muslims and then we can talk...... until then, the bias is apparent and we can't take you seriously

Many of the anti-semites are right wingers.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
While my analogy was not perfect, I will better it for you.

There is a company knocking down trees with a huge armored machine, because the trees are being used by people to hide behind and shoot at other people, (Just like the homes were being used to build bombs to blow up Israelies). You chain yourself to a tree to protect it because you feel the tree should not be knocked down, and end up getting squashed when the machine knocks down the tree you have chained yourself to.

Your family then sues the company knocking down the trees, so the trees cannot be used as cover for people to hide behind and shoot other people.

That better?
How about we simply use the facts. She was standing unarmed in plain view wearing an orange jumpsuit and a bulldozer ran her over twice. The soldier could have simply arrested her and given her a trial, but instead he murdered her. Why use analogies. These are simply the facts. He committed murder and he should be punished. IF they are not going to punish their soldiers for intentionally killing unarmed americans then we need to cut all ties with them.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 AM

385 posts, read 358,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I actually saw video of this and it was nowhere near so cut and dried. I am glad the soldier was aquitted.

This woman played a very dangerous game with the military of a nation at war with extremists and lost. She was utterly stupid in doing so and she paid with her life. It was a worthless effort and she was on the wrong side.

I feel for her family but she gave up her life to protect terrorists.
There are as many, if not more, extremists in the Israeli government.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

I am not an Israeli. I am an american, so if I have selective outrage it is to be expected. I don't keep up with every atrocity that is committed by the tribal conflict in the middle east. I do keep up with when they murder americans. Why do you put Israel first?

Murder is murder. You bring in Muslims and Jews into the equation, not me. This would be no different than if the palestinians killed her. The only difference is that we are not giving billions to the Palestinians.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
I completely support hotair2. He has described the situation accurately. When I was in 'nam that would have been considered murder and I would have faced a Courts Martial if I had done such a stupid thing. I could have and would have legally refused an order to run over that woman.

I am sick of wasting our people, money and effort with these people on both sides. The Jews are just as much terrorists as the Palestinians. We are shamed by our support of Israel and damned for our invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and the Palistinians can have thier own nation in a matter of 2 years, by simply ending this stupid approach. If they stop fighting the war there is over. period.
Yes, they could have their own nation if they just let Israel decide which land it wants and then left the scraps for the Palestinians.

The Israeli government doesn't even stick to its own supposed rules. They go around murdering Palestinians and stealing privately owned land that their own Supreme Court says they have no right to.

And the US of course stands right by them as they engage in systematic human rights abuses. Anyone who dares to question the actions of the Israeli government and its land grabs and abuse/murder/discrimination directed towards Palestinians is branded an anti-Semite, as if it has anything to do with the Jewish religion or culture.

The Israeli government likes to whine and cry about instability and how Palestinians have attacked Israel, yet they want the rest of the world to ignore their own abuses and their own contributions to instability in the region.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,957 times
A moron died because she did a moronic thing. That's a reflection on morons not Israelis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies