Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM

775 posts, read 741,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Here we go again... You didn't read the links provided to show the whole thing was a hoax? The bulldozer driver clearly didn't know she was there. The house was photoshopped into the picture.
How is any of this relevant to your original post? Was the linked posted before your implicit condoning of the act?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
OK, and your point is?

I somehow don't think you are outraged at the senseless murder of Israelis by their neighbors

Seems like their alot of Anti Semites on city data lately So much hatred on display AGAIN by the left
Idiotic logic. Apparently, it's OK for the Israelis to commit war-crimes, so long as their enemy does the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 03:00 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
How is any of this relevant to your original post? Was the linked posted before your implicit condoning of the act?
You know my father in law just turned 70. He's kind of a gruff guy (a former US Marine, actually), but now he gets a bit confused at times. But I've taught my kids to respect him, no matter how difficult it is to follow his line of reasoning. We just smile and tell him how much we admire, because really logic and reasoning are not requirements to being a good person.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:02 PM

775 posts, read 741,061 times
Quote:
You know my father in law just turned 70. He's kind of a gruff guy (a former US Marine, actually), but now he gets a bit confused at times. But I've taught my kids to respect him, no matter how difficult it is to follow his line of reasoning. We just smile and tell him how much we admire, because really logic and reasoning are not requirements to being a good person.
Nice try. The fact is that your claim of fraud has no relevance to your original post. But go on, keep exhausting every possible manner in which to avoid actually addressing the argument.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Like FF, no. He would have never suvived Parris Island.

But even when I was in Lebanon as a secular Jew, I was able to pray out of the sights of Arabs in a tent wearing a tallit and tefillin and read a sidor while my buds guarded the tent.
I like that. I am secular and non practicing, but I would have had someone guard the tent for you. I never stood guard duty. Interesting post. I did not know there were that many Jews in the Corps. We have two things and common. FF and I, only one.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...642914996.html

Old 09-04-2012, 03:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Clearly rightous goyim who will be rewarded with Olam Haba!
They were Muslims and they are the same two I have Friday dinner with nearly every week.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:07 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
They were Muslims.
Well now that is a bit of Irony. O.K. Neil you have credibility with me.

I have got to go do some real work. FF and Neil have worn me down and eventhough I don't agree with them. It is hard not to like them.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
They were Muslims and they are the same two I have Friday dinner with nearly every week.
They can earn Olam Haba just as easily!

We are judged on our deed, not our creed.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
She should not have placed herself in harms way.
i am curious if you would say that about any demonstrator?

can you object to anything your own government does, but not object in other countries?

i would think that people should have a right to peaceful protest anywhere, without having to fear for their lives.

it is a sad day when that freedom disappears.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am curious if you would say that about any demonstrator?

can you object to anything your own government does, but not object in other countries?

i would think that people should have a right to peaceful protest anywhere, without having to fear for their lives.

it is a sad day when that freedom disappears.
Demonstrators rarely get killed in the US, just as they rarely get killed in Israel. If you want to know what somebody thinks about their government killing their citizens (or those from other countries), you should ask an Iranian, a Syrian, A Lebanese, an Iraqi, a Yemenite, a Gazan... I could go on.

Of course we have this beautiful dozen plus page thread about this one highly unusual situation that happened in Israel.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:11 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Demonstrators rarely get killed in the US, just as they rarely get killed in Israel. If you want to know what somebody thinks about their government killing their citizens (or those from other countries), you should ask an Iranian, a Syrian, A Lebanese, an Iraqi, a Yemenite, a Gazan... I could go on.

Of course we have this beautiful dozen plus page thread about this one highly unusual situation that happened in Israel.
again, flipflop, it isn't right it any country.

i think what was unusual was that the court absolved him of any guilt in the death. maybe they don't have the same charges over there, but i would think at the very least involuntary manslaughter comes to mind-but maybe governments think that people have no rights to protest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies