Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 05:37 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,172,872 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing Obama supporters whine that Romney/Ryan "don't have a plan". Well, yes, they do have a plan and a platform and you can read all about it at:

Issues | Mitt Romney for President

Mitt Romney for President | Mitt Romney for President of the United States of America in 2012

So after I read through several of the issues that are of particular interest to me, I went to the official Obama/Biden website to see what the soon to be former residents of the WH had to say:

Are You In? — Barack Obama

We Have a Choice — Barack Obama

What's this? I have to enter my e-mail and zip code and answer "Yes I'm in" before I can even read the Democrat rhetoric?

No thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 05:43 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,563,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
We Have a Choice — Barack Obama

What's this? I have to enter my e-mail and zip code and answer "Yes I'm in" before I can even read the Democrat rhetoric?

No thanks!

No, you don't have to. See right there where it says "continue to site?" Click there. Then go up to the top of the next page and run your stylus over "Get the Facts." Ignore the repeated offer to get "in" by entering your email address.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,982,420 times
Romney's "plans" are nothing more than platitudes.

Example from: Jobs and Economic Growth | Mitt Romney for President

Quote:
Mitt Romney will rebuild the foundations of the American economy on the principles of free enterprise, hard work, and innovation. His plan seeks to reduce taxes, spending, regulation, and government programs. It seeks to increase trade, energy production, human capital, and labor flexibility. It relinquishes power to the states instead of claiming to have the solution to every problem.

Any American living through this economic crisis will immediately recognize the severity of the break that Mitt Romney proposes from our current course. He is calling for a fundamental change in Washington’s view of how economic growth and prosperity are achieved, how jobs are created, and how government can support these endeavors. It is at once a deeply conservative return to policies that have served our nation well and a highly ambitious departure from the policies of our current leadership. In short, it is a plan to get America back to work.
We have already had 12 years of experience with the theory that lowering taxes creates jobs.

Cutting government spending doesn't create jobs. It fires government workers and cuts government contracts to private vendors, who then fire workers.

Cutting regulations? Which ones? Regulations are there to protect the public safety. I don't see how letting companies pollute the air is going to help the jobs position. We've had strict regulations for decades under robust economic times. Regulations aren't the problem.

Cutting government programs is going to bring in jobs? How so? Cutting those programs withdraws money from the economy, which subtracts jobs.

Romney's plan is nonsense that doesn't address the fundamental reason for today's unemployment, lack of demand. He is like the witchdoctor prescribing bleeding the patient to cure him.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, you don't have to. See right there where it says "continue to site?" Click there. Then go up to the top of the next page and run your stylus over "Get the Facts." Ignore the repeated offer to get "in" by entering your email address.
Only on the 2nd Obama link, not the first. Why should I have to register in order to read what the Dear Leader proposes if her were to get "more flexibility"?

Old 09-03-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't see how letting companies pollute the air is going to help the jobs position.
It creates more jobs in the healthcare and funeral businesses.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Only on the 2nd Obama link, not the first.

Where is that first link? It's addressed as barackobama.com, just like the second one, so it must be a page from that overall site, but I can't find it.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:53 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,982,420 times
Quote:
It creates more jobs in the healthcare and funeral businesses.
Good point. But it closes factories that manufacture catalytic converters and scrubbers.

Quote:
Cutting oppressive EPA regulations, for starters. Did you read his energy plan?
Yes, I did.

This is part of it:

Quote:
Unfortunately, the first three years of the Obama administration have witnessed energy and environmental policies that have stifled the domestic energy sector. In thrall to the environmentalist lobby and its dogmas, the President and the regulatory bodies under his control have taken measures to limit energy exploration and restrict development in ways that sap economic performance, curtail growth, and kill jobs.
The theme is that if we are cautious about protecting the environment, it's bad for the country. You would never have known by reading that nonsense that a couple of years ago a BP rig in the Gulf spilled so much oil caused billions of dollars in damage to the shrimp and fishing industry there.

You would never know that fracking may be a major player in polluting ground water and causing earthquakes.

Romney's plan is nothing more than Palin's drill baby drill and throw caution to the wind.

But worse, the plan is based upon the false theory that high energy costs are due to lack of supply of crude oil, which is at an oversupply now.

Last edited by MTAtech; 09-03-2012 at 06:01 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Where is that first link? Is it an official campaign site? If so, how is it different from the other one?
The first link is titled "Official Obama Website - Let's Finish What we Started"

Last edited by ObserverNY; 09-03-2012 at 06:11 AM..

Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
The first link is barackobama.com and comes up on Google as the "official" Obama site.

It comes up as the first paid ad site.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Cutting oppressive EPA regulations, for starters. Did you read his energy plan?

What specific EPA regulations do you find "oppressive?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies