Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Do not try speaking for me, if you feel the shoe fits, by all means wear it, it does not fit me, I have never understood racist thinking, even as a child my logic board was working and racisim is illogical in the extreme.
You didn't read his post, did you? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You didn't read his post, did you? lol
Yes, Dale and Roy I did, I also read the tilte of the thread.

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 08-31-2012 at 06:17 PM..

Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I couldn't believe how much this man's early life was like mine. I lived my first 15 years in a tiny town in Kansas where the closest black people were about 15 miles away. I had trouble figuring out why the black people in that town had to sit in one small section of the movie theater and when I got in high school I found that one black kid could sit anywhere he wanted to sit in that place. It turned out that he was the star running back on the high school football team in that town. That town had one of the biggest, best organized gangs in the state and the town ranked sixth in the whole nation for juvenile delinquency according to population figures. Not one black kid in that gang. When our family moved farther west, by about 180 miles, there still were no blacks in town. However, there was one in a neighboring town who I had to play basketball against and even had to guard. I always called him every derogatory name I had ever heard, and it wasn't many. He fired names back at me and we got to be friends after a couple of games.

Of course, there were some black people in the western Kansas college I attended, but not so many, at that. Then I went to the Army and in basic training my best buddy was a black kid from Oregon. Tex, he liked to be called Tex for some reason, and I had more fun together than any clothed people should be allowed to have and people of both races who worried that we were about to fight when we used those racist names for each other never did figure out what was going on. That was 58 years ago and I can still see Joe's, that was what I called him because it was his name, face very plainly and all the white faces from that time, have faded from my memory. I will never understand how a racist like I am, today, got that close to Joe other than the fact that he didn't have a racist bone in his body. I think that is why I liked Joe so much.

I Am a Racist and so Are You
Uh, huh........saw this one coming......

PJTV's Andrew Klavan: Are You A Racist? A Frank Conversation - YouTube

Old 08-31-2012, 08:55 PM

42 posts, read 41,266 times
I just don't want to be colonized by people I have nothing in common with. Which is why I don't like all this mass third world immigration.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchDown View Post
I just don't want to be colonized by people I have nothing in common with. Which is why I don't like all this mass third world immigration.

I was saying the same thing about the Irish, f'n potato famine bastards taking all our good jobs.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:03 PM

42 posts, read 41,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I was saying the same thing about the Irish, f'n potato famine bastards taking all our good jobs.
Yeah, but the irish are from western civilzation. I wouldn't say they are radically different than I am or most other from europe.

People from bangladesh on the other hand have a compltely different culture, religion, behavior patterns that I can't mesh with.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:14 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Sure there are. In other animals we call that breeds and it is considered a way to place animals in sub-species.
Breed, is not a scientific term and has no meaningful definition especially as breeds only develop THROUGH SELECTIVE BREEDING, which if you are unaware, humans do not do. And it ABSOLUTELY does not equate to sub-species.

For the term subspecies to apply, organism must be morphologically distinct (which humans are not). Even on the biological level, "race" must be geographically distinct, which humans also are not. Race as a biological, scientific term does not apply to humans. As a more colloquial term, it can be a collective for general physical characteristics but frequently (and IMO inappropriately) includes cultural characteristics as well.

Lewotin proved that there is more diversity between individuals, than between groups thus ending the biological "race" taxonomic classification.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchDown View Post
Imagine if the American Indians had felt the same way, and killed off the pilgrims.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:19 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Imagine if the American Indians had felt the same way, and killed off the pilgrims.
Then I would still be here and you wouldn't be?

Old 08-31-2012, 09:24 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Someone ALWAYS pulls out the Race, Creed, Color, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Vegan, Carnivore, Political card for no particular reason other than they have it up their sleeve and think it is appropriate to use it whenever it is convenient for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies