Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times

Advertisements

All faith is unprovable by it's nature. What any person believes is what they believe; since the hearafter is unprovable, what difference does it make if one person believes heaven or hell's definition is 'truer' than another's? That is nothing but interjecting human stupidity into the affairs of the All Mighty. Who among us is so arrogant as to announce they know God's Will? if you know someone who makes such a claim, run away as fast as you can. That person is either out for personal gain or has deep seated mental problems.

Some major religions don't believe in a hearafter at all. So far, I've never met anyone I personally knew who came back to tell me with certainty what it's like in paradise or the hot place.

I don't support Mitt, but my religion, and his, has nothing to do with my decision. We are voting for a political leader, not a religious leader after all, and few of one or the other is any damned good at both at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I do not think we should be prejudiced against a candidate because of his or her religion or lack of religion.

Voting against Romney because he is a Mormon is something that not only do I disagree with, but it I think it is a kind of bigotry which I despise.

I am not voting for Romney because I do not agree with his political views nor the Republican platform. I have nothing against his religion, and do not question his intelligence, his abilities, his patriotism nor his intentions. He is not a bad person. His political ideology is just different from mine ... and that is all.
Then perhaps it's time to rethink your ideology.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:46 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
rotflol....... Obviously you know nothing about Mitt Romney, the corporate raider. Or you choose to deny it.

You wouldn't know Jesus either.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
All faith is unprovable by it's nature. What any person believes is what they believe; since the hearafter is unprovable, what difference does it make if one person believes heaven or hell's definition is 'truer' than another's? That is nothing but interjecting human stupidity into the affairs of the All Mighty. Who among us is so arrogant as to announce they know God's Will? if you know someone who makes such a claim, run away as fast as you can. That person is either out for personal gain or has deep seated mental problems.

Some major religions don't believe in a hearafter at all. So far, I've never met anyone I personally knew who came back to tell me with certainty what it's like in paradise or the hot place.

I don't support Mitt, but my religion, and his, has nothing to do with my decision. We are voting for a political leader, not a religious leader after all, and few of one or the other is any damned good at both at the same time.
It is easy to know God's will. Read the bible and find out.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perhaps you will be lucky enough to live on the planet where Mitt will rule as a god one day.

The Implications of Mormon Eternal Progression

Ever hear of angels.. different kinds of angels.. who knows what the mysteries of God are. We walk by faith and we believe in the God of Abraham through Jesus Christ. We see through a glass darkly now , but we will come into the glory of the Lord in the here after.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:55 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus said 'you will know them by their fruits" Mitt Romney feeds the poor, helps others and has a good spirit of love for his fellow man and does it all because he loves Jesus Christ.

The concept of pre-mortal existence is an early and fundamental doctrine of Mormonism. In 1833, early in the Latter Day Saint movement, its founder Joseph Smith, Jr. taught that human souls are co-eternal with God the Father just as Jesus is co-eternal with God the Father, "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be."[6]

That's just what my Bible says, too. I was hangin' out with God and Jesus before I was even conceived.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The concept of pre-mortal existence is an early and fundamental doctrine of Mormonism. In 1833, early in the Latter Day Saint movement, its founder Joseph Smith, Jr. taught that human souls are co-eternal with God the Father just as Jesus is co-eternal with God the Father, "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be."[6]

That's just what my Bible says, too. I was hangin' out with God and Jesus before I was even conceived.
God knew us in the womb .

Old 09-01-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I do not think we should be prejudiced against a candidate because of his or her religion or lack of religion.

Voting against Romney because he is a Mormon is something that not only do I disagree with, but it I think it is a kind of bigotry which I despise.

I am not voting for Romney because I do not agree with his political views nor the Republican platform. I have nothing against his religion, and do not question his intelligence, his abilities, his patriotism nor his intentions. He is not a bad person. His political ideology is just different from mine ... and that is all.

You sound like a reasonable thinking person. Maybe you may get more enlightenment if you see the movie 2016 Obama's America.. then with your eyes opened to what Obama stands for you can make a truly reasonable decision on who to vote for and what ideology Obama stands for.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:28 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God knew us in the womb .
Acording to Mormons, he knew us before the womb. There's really no point to talking about it, though. It's not like Christians and other religions can't get along.

Joesph Smith saw God and Jesus, bro. He's more awesome than God. Know why? He can break God's rules.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

Wait, nevermind, a whole lot of other people have seen God and lived; here's the link.

http://www.moroni10.com/Mormon/Bible...eeing_God.html

So, I reckon if you see God, you die, like God said, or you kind of live, like God said you wouldn't. Kind of a weird tossup, there.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Wait, nevermind, a whole lot of other people have seen God and lived; here's the link.
Or skip the link entirely and just go to the Bible:

Genesis 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies