Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Shhhh, don't confuse the sheeple with FACTS .
I would wonder if that $12 million in four years could have come out of the pockets of Iowa tax payers. Actually all that money probably didn't amount to anywhere close to what Iowans paid in taxes and it is the taxpayers who the feds get their money from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Why do you have to call me (or anyone else) anything in order to express your opinion on a message board??
I always feel like it is fair to return favors to those who don't agree from the left lean.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:19 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,530,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This is a sign that welcomed Obama at Sioux City, Iowa when he landed there last week. The best part of the hand painted sign can be seen in the link below. I fear that many people in Iowa and other states may have changed their minds about Obama since 2008 and especially since he opened his mouth and inserted his foot at Roanoke.

Iowans Send Message to Obama - Yahoo! News
Should be an honesty test before people are allowed to post of CDF. This is big time misleading, Obama is still ahead in most polls in IA and plus, like others have pointed out already, the airport code for Sioux City is SUX. If he arrived in Wenatchee, WA, are you going to post that he's not doing enough to feed people (EAT)?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
This is a sign that welcomed Obama at Sioux City, Iowa when he landed there last week. The best part of the hand painted sign can be seen in the link below. I fear that many people in Iowa and other states may have changed their minds about Obama since 2008 and especially since he opened his mouth and inserted his foot at Roanoke.

Iowans Send Message to Obama - Yahoo! News
A few racist dont mean anything. They didnt build that airport.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
I always feel like it is fair to return favors to those who don't agree from the left lean.
In every thread you start, you begin the name calling way before it is necessary to return any "favors."

Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
I would wonder if that $12 million in four years could have come out of the pockets of Iowa tax payers. Actually all that money probably didn't amount to anywhere close to what Iowans paid in taxes and it is the taxpayers who the feds get their money from.
Assuming that Iowans get back $1.00 for every $1.00 they pay to the feds, proportionate to their population Iowa paid exactly $120,000 towards the $12 Million in FAA funded airport repairs. But Iowa is actually a receiver state that gets $1.10 for every dollar, so using this over simplified example they only paid $108,000 towards the repairs. That's a pretty good deal for Iowa don't you think?

Now, it's all well and good if you believe that the states should pay their way and be responsible for funding their own infrastructure, public safety, etc... Or even that the government shouldn't fund these things at all. But it's incredibly disingenuous for a bunch a locals to sit on the tarmac of an airport built, staffed and maintained by the government for the benefit of the local economy, and proclaim that "they built it."

Last edited by Mr. Mon; 09-05-2012 at 10:40 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Should be an honesty test before people are allowed to post of CDF. This is big time misleading, Obama is still ahead in most polls in IA and plus, like others have pointed out already, the airport code for Sioux City is SUX. If he arrived in Wenatchee, WA, are you going to post that he's not doing enough to feed people (EAT)?
What does what polls say about what kind of signs our people can hang up? It seems to me that you want to control what we can say under the 1st Amendment is determined by who is ahead in some poll.

Do you fail to realize that The One was flying into Sioux City that day not in Wenatchee? I guess you really don't understand that the first half of the sign said just what the title of this thing says. Maybe you are just a bit too far left in thought to allow others to disagree with you. Huh?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
A few racist dont mean anything. They didnt build that airport.
Why is it that if one doesn't agree with The One he is a racist? You people keep on with that crap and seem to not be able to understand that race probably isn't involved with dislike for the policies of Obama.

Has it ever occurred to you that most racist speech here seems to be coming from people like you who want to blame anyone who doesn't like Obama for racism. I wonder how much this kind of talk effects the media when it comes to reporting on Obama. I am not afraid to be called a racist by racist thinking people but it won't affect my business to have you call me that name.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Specifically, what law was broken? When did signs become graffiti? When did expressing political opposition become illegal?

It would seem the far left is all too ready for the installation of a 3rd world style Obama dictatorship.
Right after the election he will personally come take your guns away!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In every thread you start, you begin the name calling way before it is necessary to return any "favors."
Check the thread I just posted a little something to do with the flag.

Did you ever read anything from Sunkl? He always attacked lefties directly after posting some very good stuff. I talked him out of it and became sorry I did that. When will you call me the leading racist of this forum? Go ahead because you will just be joining in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies