Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Once again a right-winger falsifies the title of a thread. The price is not the highest in history, that was actually under Bushes time, this is only the highest on Labor day.
True

At the very end of Bush's term as president gas did spike to $4.12 a gallon, but over all we've seen much higher average gas prices under Mr. Obama.

I predict before Obama is booted out of office this election gas will soar past Bush's $4.12

We're not too far off from that mark already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Christine? I remember when Gas was about 99 cents under Clinton around 2000! Romney wants to attack Iran! We better get used to bicycles!

I have pictures of it!! My son's daycare center was located right in next to a Sunoco station. We have a lot of pictures of events during that time frame and we alway laugh about the 97 cent gas. It was very stable at that rate for a very long time. What a great man to control prices so well.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It appears the sheep have been conditioned to accept 3.00+ for a gallon of gas. Now it's just no big deal anymore. When it hits four the folks will squeal but they will be conditioned to accept that. On and on the baaaaaaaaing goes.
That's real cute. Oddly enough, I haven't heard a single person announce that they think current prices are acceptable. Unless you happen to have your own refinery in your backyard, big oil has got you by the balls as much as the rest of us.

Of course, some of us were smart enough to actually purchase smaller cars, live closer to work, or have access to alternative modes of transport.

Did you know that I haven't used my car at all in over a week?

Alas, what do you suggest? Perhaps a round of picketing at Chevron?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:40 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,069 times
Highest Recorded Average Price: Regular Unl. $4.114 7/17/2008 DSL. $4.845 7/17/2008

http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/?redi....com/index.asp

Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
That's real cute. Oddly enough, I haven't heard a single person announce that they think current prices are acceptable. Unless you happen to have your own refinery in your backyard, big oil has got you by the balls as much as the rest of us.

Of course, some of us were smart enough to actually purchase smaller cars, live closer to work, or have access to alternative modes of transport.

Did you know that I haven't used my car at all in over a week?

Alas, what do you suggest? Perhaps a round of picketing at Chevron?
What do you want an award for not using your car? Do you use plastic? lol

Old 09-03-2012, 03:50 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times
New CBO study: lifting obama drilling restrictions would increase U.S. energy reserves by 30%

Using estimates from the Department of the Interior (DOI), CBO said that lifting federal drilling restrictions could bring billions more barrels of oil and gas to market.

All that oil would create a lot of jobs, too. But we know from the last four years that the Obama administration has no interest in either producing more energy or creating jobs. Otherwise, they would have built the Keystone XL pipeline and lifted these restrictions on drilling.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...ng_One-Col.pdf
New CBO study: lifting drilling restrictions would increase U.S. energy reserves by 30% « Wintery Knight

Williston North Dakota oil from state and private lands, it's like the recession never happened.
Unemployment is under 0.8% -- that's right, less than 1%, far below the national average of 8.2%.
And the new oil jobs pay well, too. The average oil worker is making more than $90,000 a year.
The flood of jobs has made Williston the fastest-growing small city in the United States.

Oil production on Federal lands declined by 17 percent in fiscal year 2011 from fiscal 2010 levels.
The much reduced production was principally due to the moratorium and de facto moratorium placed on offshore drilling by the Obama Administration.
Private and State Lands Producing 5.5 Times More Oil Per Acre because obama has no control over them.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm sure it's all Bush's fault.

The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline hit $3.80 on Monday, up 14 cents from the same time last year, the highest price ever recorded during a Labor Day weekend, GasBuddy.com reports.

U.S. gas prices at highest ever for Labor Day weekend | Fox News
Nope it's the evil, greedy oil companies.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Or we could loosen the permitting process so more refineries could be built and when an event like Isaac occurs it wouldnt impact the supply so drastically.
FYI-restricted supply+ same or greater demand =higher price

Class over.
And class and another fail.

Where, pray tell us, does one suppose where those permits are slated for or refineries built? The wonderful land of Oz or the same hurricane coast of the Gulf of Mississippi?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Once again a right-winger falsifies the title of a thread. The price is not the highest in history, that was actually under Bushes time, this is only the highest on Labor day.
Guess you're ignoring the metric of highest cost relative to median income, unless you believe that gas money is just given to people?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Guess you're ignoring the metric of highest cost relative to median income, unless you believe that gas money is just given to people?
Don't say that too loud. DNC convention coming up they don't need any ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies