Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,996 times

Advertisements

Meghan McCain Talks to

What do you think 2016 will look like if Obama is elected?
I think my worry, as an immigrant, is 2016 may see the end of the American era. What I do mean by that is that in the last 70 years, it is has been a special time to be an American. America has truly had a privileged position in the world and that means, in a small way, when you travel abroad the American passport is better than everybody else’s passport and the American dollar can be used when other currencies can’t be. But in a broader way, it means America has really been calling the shots around the world. I was born in a little pocked in the outskirts of Bombay. I came to America excited about being at the center of things. I believe in the American Dream. I’d fight to keep that American era going. I think Obama sees it differently. To him, it’s a bad thing that one country, the United States, gets to lord over the rest of the world. He thinks it would be good to have many powers in the world—Russia, Brazil, China, India, and America—all sharing power. He thinks it will be better if the standard of living between countries were leveled. American decline may be inevitable. But we never had a president who was a champion of decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
I'll trade you Meghan McCain for Joe Manchin and I'll even throw in John Huntsman. Deal?

Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'll trade you Meghan McCain for Joe Manchin and I'll even throw in John Huntsman. Deal?
Not even clever. You usually recognize the point of a thread/post, I THOUGHT. This Thread has nothing to do w/ Meghan McCain, other than the fact she got an interview w/ the author of the sizzling movie ''2016''

Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
I really like Meghan and Dinesh. I kinda like Joe... maybe Joe will see the light and become one of the good guys?

Back to Dinesh and his movie. I have not seen it yet, but I will soon. This guy seems to have hit it out of the ballpark.

20M and still going!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I really like Meghan and Dinesh. I kinda like Joe... maybe Joe will see the light and become one of the good guys?

Back to Dinesh and his movie. I have not seen it yet, but I will soon. This guy seems to have hit it out of the ballpark.

20M and still going!
I couldn't care less about Meghan (a pampered lil clutz, IMO) nor Joe who?, nor LauraC.

This Thread is about the content of maybe the most IMPORTANT Film ever !!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:18 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
I like Denish, but I cant stand M. McCain. Annoying, know nothing, blow hard.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:23 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I couldn't care less about Meghan (a pampered lil clutz, IMO) nor Joe who?, nor LauraC.

This Thread is about the content of maybe the most IMPORTANT Film ever !!
Well, MMM05, one think we can certianly agree on. This film is vastly more important than any other film made this year. It should be a must view for everyone. I for one am working hard to fit this into my very tight schedual.

Ive read a lot about it, and think this is hugely important!

Old 09-04-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I like Denish, but I cant stand M. McCain. Annoying, know nothing, blow hard.
As I stated above...McCain happened to get the interview. The only intent of this thread is hearing what D'Souza said. Stay focused, Please, people.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Default A "must see" film regardless which side you're on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

20M and still going!
This is absolutely one of the best documentaries. I was concerned when I went to see it that it might be a piece bashing Obama. I didn't want that. I was relieved that it was none of that, neither critical nor negative. It simply presented Obama's story and how his experiences have served to form his vision for the future (as ours shape all of us). At times Obama seems such a complex puzzle, especially when he contradicts himself between what he says and what he does. He didn't have an easy childhood, nor an easy youth and the film portrays it fairly and objectively.

It makes it clear why Obama does what he does. You may or may not agree with his vision and his goals, but the film is excellent in putting together the pieces of the puzzle, and leads to an "AHA!" moment of understanding that vision.

It is a must see film, non-sensational, non-partisan, fair in its presentation of Obama, who he is, what his vision is, and how he came to it.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM

2,622 posts, read 3,150,883 times
MMM05, I agree with you, mostly. I do want to see the 3rd World elevate living standards & all nations become better places to live. But I don't see us having to fall for that to happen. In fact, I think if we fall, much of the world will too. I think the US has largely been a model for progress and has generally made the world a better place. I know we propped up some tyrants & shouldn't have, but I think we've done more harm than good.

Many on the left here are with Obama. They can't see that we've done anything but repress the world's poor, and I think he believes that too. You are a person who has lived in lesser places and better understand what we have here and what we have to lose. I have known a few people from India, had a good many close friends from African nations, had a few friends from Mexico & other places. Nearly every person tells a similar story to you. They all found a better life here. Obama sort of hates us but sure has found a pretty good life here himself.

I worked with a guy from Poland back in the 90's. He said that even now, an American traveling in Poland would get plenty of help with flat tires, broken down cars, etc. People there had not forgotten how Americans sacrificed to help defeat Hitler.

I think Obama really does seek to punish America. I think he sees us a a colonial power who should be taken down a few pegs. I need to see the movie, for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies