Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
actually, you're wrong... I can be fired or denied employment or housing for being gay in the state of idaho, because in idaho.. gay is not a protected class.. which is what you're inferring..

In a perfect world, nobody should have to be a protected class.. but until you are a certain minority that is discriminated against for who you are.. you will never understand why it's needed. People DO indeed discriminate against someone for something that they cannot change in who they are! it makes for the market place to be skewed to an unfair advantage for these people when it comes to employment, housing, etc..
If that is true, I wouldn't want to be renting from someone that didn't want me around. They should be able to deny you housing, or rent, and you should be able to find adequate facilities from people that are like-minded or sympathetic to your problem. No force necessary, everybody gets to live as they please.
People with dogs have trouble renting, we deal with it and keep looking until we find something suitable. We don't demand the gov't to do something on our behalf.
I have never seen an application for employment that asked about who I lived with, have you?
I've had some horrible bosses and some great ones, if I didn't like that job, I quit and found another. You are free to move about the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 10:37 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If that is true, I wouldn't want to be renting from someone that didn't want me around. They should be able to deny you housing, or rent, and you should be able to find adequate facilities from people that are like-minded or sympathetic to your problem. No force necessary, everybody gets to live as they please.
People with dogs have trouble renting, we deal with it and keep looking until we find something suitable. We don't demand the gov't to do something on our behalf.
I have never seen an application for employment that asked about who I lived with, have you?
I've had some horrible bosses and some great ones, if I didn't like that job, I quit and found another. You are free to move about the country.
Your dogs ruin houses and **** and **** on the floor. I don't know any gay people who do that. Not a good comparison, try again...

Old 09-06-2012, 10:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
One tenth of one percent? Why so much influence over society? GAY activist have in effect BANNED straight marriage...They have destroyed it's value and worth and importance. Now that a man can marry a man and call each other husband and wife...Marriage suddenly is not worth a hoot- How can you take the institution seriously now?

It's like cats demanding to be dogs...Once the cats gain the right to be dogs...The concept of dog disappears.
I'm pretty sure this is the reason marriage can't be taken seriously.

Heterosexuals destroyed marriage all on their own. It's quite pathetic you have to use gays as a scapegoat to cover up your abysmal marriage record.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I agree with this..........my youngest is 19 and has been a Republican since he was 12, he likes politics and stood out in school because of it. Teachers and students made fun of him. He had a teacher in 7th grade who told him he was wrong and not very educated to think the way he was thinking...... So much for not letting your opinion influnce the way one teaches class. He is now reserved how he speaks and who he speaks to about politics, there was a time in school he didn't fit in, when debating politics he was one of the few who had some knowledge about America/world events.
Been a Republican since 12? Gee, bet there was no parental influence there. Kinda like saying one has been a Christian since they were 5.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Young people want to be liked, need to be accepted, they don't want to be called names and separated from the herd. They are vulnerable to brainwashing, and pressure. That is why good parents try to control their associations and influences. Western culture has flushed morality down the toilet.
But apparently it's ok to teach kids to call gays names and ostracize them. That's what Conservatives call "morality".

Old 09-06-2012, 11:05 PM

749 posts, read 838,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plates View Post
Obama has done a lot. In fact all of the things that you listed are pluses and you're really just twisting the facts (see the paragraph below). How about also ending a war that cost us hundreds of billions, maybe even trillions of dollars.

Just remember, Conservative principles by name are fairly outdated. You can look back to the past and see that they would not be acceptable today and that Liberal policies have been the winner. Yet if you were to ask a Conservative back then they would say no. Just wait until it comes full circle and Conservatives agree with current Liberal policies yet still denounce Liberals in the future.

Sorry, I wont humor forum terrorists.
You need to go bye bye...

Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
well if you don't know, stop saying they are being denied. Get an IRA and you can leave it to whoever you choose in your will. Take care of your own business. If you meet a foreigner and want to bring em home with you, do it. You shouldn't need the gov'ts permission.
Well if you dont know stop saying it is same.
Same sex K1 VISA sponsor is not allowed as yet.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:38 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
After reading this thread I'm starting to see why so many brats vote Dem.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I was listening to talk radio yesterday and the show was about the question of why people under 30 still support Obama so overwhelmingly despite being the generation affected most by this economy. The host asked the question and then numerous young people called in to answer it. Almost every caller said that gay marriage was the primary reason they or their friends were supporting Obama. They see a vote for Romney as a vote for closed-minded bigotry and homophobia, despite the fact Romney would probably be the better choice on the economy. It appears Obama's strategy has worked in coming out for same sex marriage. He has won over young voters and energized them, which once again is ironic because they are the ones suffering most under his economy. This could ultimately be what wins Obama the election.

How can anyone say gay marriage is better for everyone?? also, how is baby killing best for women? let them refrain from sex if they dont want to become pregnant...

Old 09-09-2012, 09:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I was listening to talk radio yesterday and the show was about the question of why people under 30 still support Obama so overwhelmingly despite being the generation affected most by this economy. The host asked the question and then numerous young people called in to answer it. Almost every caller said that gay marriage was the primary reason they or their friends were supporting Obama. They see a vote for Romney as a vote for closed-minded bigotry and homophobia, despite the fact Romney would probably be the better choice on the economy. It appears Obama's strategy has worked in coming out for same sex marriage. He has won over young voters and energized them, which once again is ironic because they are the ones suffering most under his economy. This could ultimately be what wins Obama the election.
strange, I have 3 daughters including one that is bisexual, and all 3 think that obama is an idiot and do not support him at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies