Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:58 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They also have a homogeneous White population. That means NO diversity. Are you also for rescinding minorities' U.S. citizenship and deporting them and all illegal aliens?
Why should skin color make a difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Good reason to support our social safety net and vote for Democrats.
What about jobs??.. many want jobs not food stamps..

Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And those 'job creators', the owners of those factories, restaurants, offices, construction companies, etc., effectively gutted the unions when they could, paving the way for them to hire those illegals at drastically reduced wages and no benefits.

Yeah, those wonderful job creators.

So Noble!
So Patriotic!
So Christian!

They are the ones gutting this country and leaving the ordinary citizens to pick up the pieces while they laugh their asses off on their way to deposit more millions into their off-shore bank accounts.

But YOU love them!

d i s c o n n e c t
Since when did unions create jobs?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why should skin color make a difference?
Ask the Scandinavians. It works for them.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. Normally the middle class isn't entirely dependent on big government for everything it has. Under Obama is is.

Now the middle class will be put on Medicaid, many considered middle class already get government housing vouchers, EITC handouts, food stamps, free meals for their children at the government feeding stations called schools, unemployment handouts that seem to go on indefinitely.

Middle class is fast being redefined down.
I am hearing a message from working people who say , why work?.. i can get free everything.. that is Obama's message.. .looks like the tax base will shrink and the truly needy will be in trouble when the countries takers rise and the rich are taxed to death and the middle class disappears.. this is Obamanation. We will default as the debt becomes unmanageable and the rich leave.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Ask the Scandinavians. It works for them.
Why should I ask them?

You are the one who called out 'white'.
And I am sure there are 'colored' people living in the Scandinavian countries.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Since when did unions create jobs?
Um, please read again.

I did not say unions create jobs.

The job creators busted the unions whenever and wherever they could so they could hire the illegals and pay them crap, thereby putting millions of middle class workers out of work.

Understand now?

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
100% on welfare = Democrats idea of success

working poverty = Republicans idea of success

Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am hearing a message from working people who say , why work?.. i can get free everything.. that is Obama's message..

Where is this free everything? If I stop working I can get 3 months of food stamps and that's it.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
The US Department Agriculture says 50 million people went hungry last year.

“It confirms what we’ve been seeing, that the situation is not getting any better yet — in fact, it’s slowly decaying,” says Philabundance president Bill Clark.

Clark says that in Pennsylvania, one in nine households now suffers from food insecurity.

In the Delaware Valley, he says, more than 900,000 people don’t get enough food. And Clark says it’s no longer just those living below the poverty line.

“The bottom of the middle class is being forced to reach out and get assistance,” Clark tells KYW Newsradio. “Their income has not kept pace with inflation, and they’re being squeeze in a vise. They just cannot get through the month.”

Philadelphia Food Organization Says Hunger Is Hitting More Middle Class Families « CBS Philly
Last I checked, there was plenty of beans and rice for sale in the grocery stores in Pennsylvania. You can fill up a belly for about $1 per person per meal. If "the bottom of the middle class" cannot manage that, then I guess we better start taking a good, hard look at what these people are spending their money on. Big screen televisions? Cable? Dish TV with 250 channels? iPhones? Maybe they need to get their priorities straight, ya think????

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies