Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 05:12 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Snub our Allie in Israel yet give $1 billion to Egypt, which I am sure you support.
How is 3 billion dollars a snub?

Hey everybody...if you've got 3 billion to snub someone with, please....SNUB ME!!! I promise not to take it personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Snub our Allie in Israel yet give $1 billion to Egypt, which I am sure you support.
Well, you did a fine job of making an ass of yourself by ASSuming. I've said any number of times in this forum my ME policy would be very simple.

I would tell every country in the region they had two choices:

They could learn to live together

Or they could die together

And if they messed with the US they would be vaporized

And other than for humanitarian reasons I'd cut the $$$ flow to all involved

Last edited by burdell; 09-11-2012 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-11-2012, 05:33 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Egypt met with Iran. You think Israel doesnt have anything to be worried about? These stupid sanctions weve tried for how many years now are not getting the job done.

Obama turning away from our Allie at a time they need us most, is a disgrace. He is too busy campaigning to do his job now. Pathetic.
Egypt met with Iran and others at the Nonaligned Movement summit and royally trolled them by condemning the Syrians. If there are two other countries in the middle east that wouldn't mind to see the Iranians taken down a peg it's Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Egypt Insults Irans Ally - NY Times

Again, agreeing to meet Netanyau at his demand just plays into his efforts to get us to back up his aggressiveness. Not kowtowing after already telling him no forces him to put up or shut up with his terrible plans.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM

717 posts, read 648,035 times
Why should any world leader have guaranteed access to the US president?

Old 09-11-2012, 05:57 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Calling Jews occupiers is hate.
I guess you didn't know that the Israelis call themselves occupiers and refer to the West Bank (and formerly to Gaza as well) as "the occupied territories."

Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You apparently haven't been reading the many threads here on c-d in which liberals continue to bash Jews for 'occupying' Israel.
That's because now you;re just making it up. Nobody has said they occupied what is actually Israel.

But here's what the Israeli's own Supreme Court has to say about the occupied territories.

Quote:
The Judea and Samaria areas are held by the State of Israel in belligerent occupation. The long arm of the state in the area is the military commander. He is not the sovereign in the territory held in belligerent occupation (see The Beit Sourik Case, at p. 832). His power is granted him by public international law regarding belligerent occupation. The legal meaning of this view is twofold: first, Israeli law does not apply in these areas. They have not been "annexed" to Israel. Second, the legal regime which applies in these areas is determined by public international law regarding belligerent occupation (see HCJ 1661/05 The Gaza Coast Regional Council v. The Knesset et al. (yet unpublished, paragraph 3 of the opinion of the Court; hereinafter – The Gaza Coast Regional Council Case). In the center of this public international law stand the Regulations Concerning the Laws and Customs of War on Land, The Hague, 18 October 1907 (hereinafter – The Hague Regulations). These regulations are a reflection of customary international law. The law of belligerent occupation is also laid out in IV Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War 1949 (hereinafter – the Fourth Geneva Convention)

Old 09-11-2012, 06:25 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
I can't understand why the Jewish voters in the USA voted for Obama in very larger numbers. It will be interesting to see if Obama wins the Jewish vote again, I think he will, not in the same large numbers, but he will get at least 50 percent of it. If Israel falls the Jewish voters in the USA will have a lot of blood on their hands.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:31 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I can't understand why the Jewish voters in the USA voted for Obama in very larger numbers. It will be interesting to see if Obama wins the Jewish vote again, I think he will, not in the same large numbers, but he will get at least 50 percent of it. If Israel falls the Jewish voters in the USA will have a lot of blood on their hands.
I like and Agree with 99% of your post. But, Israel will never fall, because God made a Covenant with Israel thousands of years ago.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:35 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,437 times
Quote:
as usual, the anti-Israel left, come rush to the aide to defend Obama as he again treats our allies like crap.
Sad, isn't it? I don't understand.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
The PJ Tatler » Breaking: Obama Turns Down Meeting with Israeli PM Netanyahu

White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper

''The White House's response marks a new low in relations between Netanyahu and Obama, underscored by the fact that this is the first time Netanyahu will visit the U.S. as prime minister without meeting Obama.''

Breaking: Obama Turns Down Meeting with Israeli PM Netanyahu

Haaretz reports:
The White House declined Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s request on Tuesday to meet U.S. President Barack Obama during a UN conference in New York at the end of the month.
An official in Jerusalem said that the prime minister’s office sent the White House a message stating that although Netanyahu will spend only two and a half days on U.S. soil, he is interested in meeting Obama and is willing to travel to the U.S. capital specifically for that purpose. The official added that the White House rejected the request and said that at this time Obama’s schedule does not allow for a meeting.
The White House’s response marks a new low in relations between Netanyahu and Obama, underscored by the fact that this is the first time Netanyahu will visit the U.S. as prime minister without meeting the president.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak reportedly tried smoothing things over, but Bibi is having none of it.
“The world tells Israel ‘wait, there’s still time’. And I say, ‘Wait for what? Wait until when?’ Those in the international community who refuse to put red lines before Iran don’t have a moral right to place a red light before Israel,” Netanyahu told reporters on Tuesday.
“Now if Iran knows that there is no red line. If Iran knows that there is no deadline, what will it do? Exactly what it’s doing. It’s continuing, without any interference, towards obtaining nuclear weapons capability and from there, nuclear bombs,” he said.
This is funny. Just why is it most american jews are solid democratic party supporters again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies