Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just read they were pissed off because the Pope had arrived there for a visit is why they burned down the KFC and Hardees. Or one of the reasons I guess. Old Pope picked the wrong time to visit that's for sure.

I believe the Pope is trying to bring peace...but I think that is the last thing Muslims want to see..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
What is Obama's ME policy? Does anyone know? How sad is it that the media won't ask this crucial non-biased question. Wouldn't it be nice if the media would just give us the straight news and let us decide how to analyze it? Or how about if our President would have a press conference without selecting chosen reporters in advance to ask the questions? I, for one, would love to see that.

Kate
Dear god! Let's have a press conference every day, for many hours, and have the President explain to us in detail what he's doing about EVERYTHING all the time! There is quite enough history now as to how Obama is dealing with the Middle East. Do some research and find out. I'd rather my President be working instead of trying to teach foreign policy to me every day!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
But but our fearless leader said arab spring would bring peace and loving and kumbaya sing in's around the campfire...

Please don't tell me he was wrong, he's God's gift to mankind and America's shining hope
I sure would love to see that transcript.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So you support a policy of our backing oppressive dictators around the world, making sure that they remain in power, so the "rabble" won't get out of control and spoil our day?

So little patience. Did you really expect that a "democracy" could be formed without any internal strife?

Interesting that you continue to excuse the Americans who provided the "material" necessary to reach critical mass in this situation.
It seems that a lot of people feel that way.

Really makes me wonder which side they would have been fighting for during our Revolution.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:16 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Hey Obama is the one who was screaming about how transparent his admin was gonna be. Don't jump on others for expecting him to come through on his promise. Well I should say he did receive a transparency award..........behind closed doors with no reporters allowed. lol. Working? He won't even meet with the job council he appointed and apparently doesn't even look at the daily intelligence report. What is he working on anyway? Oh that's right his campaign.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Are you dense?! What the hell did he do after his stupid statement? He got on a plane to Vegas and went on to campaigning. That's what he did. Making jokes and begging for votes.

If you had any decency, you too would demand answers on how stupid and idiotic they were to allow this to happen. But you don't care. You only care about saving his job. You could care less that people died due to incompetence.

Romney is the only one of the two who looked Presidential.
No, I'm not, but that does beg the question are you really so dense as to take the position you're taking about answering questions now?

I've outlined in other posts what the President can do while traveling on Air Force 1, which should be NO surprise to anyone that he can work very well from that plane. After all, Bush spent quite a lot of time in Air Force 1 immediately after 9/11.

If I had the decency? LOL Trying that old "shame card"? Well, it's really quite absurd of you folks who are so deeply concerned about the events taking place around the world to expect our President to have press conferences RIGHT NOW to answer your questions. Wait until the issue has been at least somewhat resolved and calms down.

I don't think I've said anything about my concern for "saving" the President's job. You're just flailing around there trying to insult I guess. And, other than what I've written here, you don't know anything about what I think.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Most Muslims are entirely more peaceful than your average right wing, Christian, white male who gladly supports attacking the five Muslim countries we are doing now, and begging to attack Iran.

They get a macho-man, ego boost out of using our military to bomb and kill Muslims in their own country.

And say "oops, sorry" when we kill scores of innocent civilians.

No question about it. The White US male, doesn't think twice about killing those not like himself.
Some can be counted on to use the race card no matter what the issue is.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Well, it's really quite absurd of you folks who are so deeply concerned about the events taking place around the world to expect our President to have press conferences RIGHT NOW to answer your questions. Wait until the issue has been at least somewhat resolved and calms down.
More like wait until they can drum up some way to lay the blame on somebody else. Meanwhile the media is busy going after Romney while the orator hides away waiting for something to pop up on his teleprompter.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hey Obama is the one who was screaming about how transparent his admin was gonna be. Don't jump on others for expecting him to come through on his promise. Well I should say he did receive a transparency award..........behind closed doors with no reporters allowed. lol. Working? He won't even meet with the job council he appointed and apparently doesn't even look at the daily intelligence report. What is he working on anyway? Oh that's right his campaign.
You want the President to be "transparent" about whatever strategy he and other world leaders are using the deal with this situation? You want him to reveal for ALL THE WORLD to see the behind the scenes talks, negotiations, or military action he might consider taking? Come on now.

When this crisis has been resolves or calms down, then is the time for questions. And I think the questions about what happened to whatever warnings were given to the State Department should include talks with Hillary Clinton. But AFTER the violence has been subdued. Do you want to add further fuel to the fire?

How do you know he doesn't look at intelligence reports? This President is part of the technology generation....he knows how to use IPads, etc. He doesn't need to have hard copies and everybody in one room. He can have a conference call at any time. He can also talk to the Secty of State, etc., about these things. All you have to do is look at how much the man has aged to know that he's WORKING.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Some can be counted on to use the race card no matter what the issue is.
That is usually all they are left with after their ridiculous arguments are shot down over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies