Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 04:41 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,221 times

Advertisements

That's a crazy headline. I thought I was seeing things when I saw it.

I guess there are no editors at Yahoo News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 04:48 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I don't care much for Obama's policies but he and Hilary did a good job with the speech and he did get Bin Laden on his watch. I think he has learned a valuable lesson that the Middle East can not be trusted
So you are okay with a statement the other day, then campaigning and jokes, and a speech today. And thats it. You dont think questions need to be answered? You dont find it a bit odd or bothersome that he has not even taken a question on any of this? There are plenty of questions that need to be answered on how this was allowed to occur, why he doesnt do intel briefings, and just what they knew 48 hours before the killings. It has been reported there were warnings, not to mention it was 9/11 and no one thought to step up security or raise any alert levels.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Politicians....

They (the full Senate, the full Congress and the President) should be forced to go and pay respects when the aircraft bringing our war dead home touches down on American soil and the bodies removed from the aircraft...

Every single time, every single body...

Maybe then they'll stop using American men and women as disposable pawns in their political games...

Old 09-14-2012, 05:50 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Particularly when your presidential idiocy and ineptitude resulted in that ambassador's death! Warned 48 hours in advance, Obama chose to campaign and not take precautions to protect American assets/embassies. This guy is the biggest idiot to ever occupy the White House.
And today we learned that the Chief Executive is personally overseeing the security arrangements for US embassies.

Did you you believe the "no live rounds" twaddle as well?

Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,500,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So you are okay with a statement the other day, then campaigning and jokes, and a speech today. And thats it. You dont think questions need to be answered? You dont find it a bit odd or bothersome that he has not even taken a question on any of this? There are plenty of questions that need to be answered on how this was allowed to occur, why he doesnt do intel briefings, and just what they knew 48 hours before the killings. It has been reported there were warnings, not to mention it was 9/11 and no one thought to step up security or raise any alert levels.
Need to be answered to who within 3 days after the attack and continued riots and uprisings in the middle east? Time sorts those questions out when it comes to this administration and all others b4 it, not knee jerk demands from you or the media. Do you want facts, or do you want BS?

Old 09-14-2012, 06:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayiask View Post
Absolutely. Some people need to get off their computers with their right wing emails and see what is really going on.

Obama should be there and he will be. Nuff said.
He will be?

What on earth are you talking about?

Do you realize your post is about 5 hours AFTER the event?

Yep, some people should see what's really going on, lol.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:27 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
More like photo ops to me...if they to do the good gesture, there is no need for any media to be there..just the prez, the vp and the sec..then they can call for a press conference after....
My thoughts exactly.

I wonder how many times he has been to Dover, AFB to meet the returning military personnel killed overseas.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Seriously...could you right wingers get any more ridiculous with this (rhetorical question)?

If Obama goes and pays his respects to these men: "Oh, look at him. He must think it's some photo op. He's showing up to torment them and apologize for their actions. Blah, blah, blah. It's DISGUSTING."

If Obama were to not go and pay his respects to these men: "Oh, my god. He's probably out golfing. He doesn't care enough about them to show up. Blah, blah, blah. It's DISGUSTING."

Go crawl in a hole and don't come back out.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelcake4 View Post
That's a crazy headline. I thought I was seeing things when I saw it.

I guess there are no editors at Yahoo News.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefAreCoolToo View Post
More like photo ops to me...if they to do the good gesture, there is no need for any media to be there..just the prez, the vp and the sec..then they can call for a press conference after....
Kids: The phrase "welcome home" IS the proper phrase to use when bodies of our soldiers and other people in the service of our country are returned home. It's a phrase of honor and respect and all those here criticizing this are either truly just kids with no sense of history and decorum or they are so blinded by partisan hate that they are just looking for anything to pick apart that they THINK will put the Democrats in a bad light. Eat the egg on your faces!

Exhibit One and I could post a hundred but you'll get the idea..........
Andrews residents, Patriot Guards welcome home fallen soldier - Mywesttexas.com: Top Stories

Oh, and those of you saying it was just a photo-op for Obama. Guess what, it's a photo-op to send out to the entire world. An important photo-op. Would you rather have the Middle East think we just pull the bodies off a plane like a sack of potatoes? No honor? No sense of great loss to our country?

Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
WTF is this? Welcome home? Do these folks not realize they re coming home in body bags. I can't believe this is still up. Photo op anybody?

"President Barack Obama will travel to Andrews Air Force Base outside Washington on Friday to welcome home the remains of U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and the three other Americans killed in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi, Libya."

Obama to welcome home remains of Americans killed in Libya | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

It doesn't matter what Obama does....you will find something to criticize I'm sorry the term "welcome home" offends you and some others here but blame it on the media not Obama. I find it unbelievable that anyone would think that any president, republican or democrat would use this as a photo op.
I didn't vote for Bush but if it were him instead of Obama in this situation, I would applaud him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies