Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what you are saying is Republicans are playing the "victim card."
The right attacks the Dems, calls Liberals Libatards, whine about every single thing the President does including putting his feet up on his desk and attacking his family, they make up consiracy theorys and repeat them even after having been disproved, they whine about the economy yet have no real new ideas to correct it, and the list goes on and on, yet they whine when people do not respect their opinions on the issues. Jeeeeez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 09:18 AM

11,763 posts, read 14,703,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I was wondering what democrats thought about this. Please give your honest opinion. When you really think about it, do you believe the mainstream media and cnn lean to the left and therefore their coverage is biased? I know what republicans think and I know that talk radio is far to the right and npr to the left. I`m also not talking about the hannity`s and limbaugh`s or the matthew`s and people that are extreme to each side. I`m talking about mainstream and cnn. Do democrats really believe there is fair unbiased treatment in the media?
You display your obvious bias by repeating the right-wing canard that NPR is far to the left.

Nevertheless, the fact is that the major American media outlets favor Republicans and conservatives. For example, every study that has looked at it has found a tremendous imbalance in favor of Republicans on the Sunday morning shows; the last time I looked the single most frequent politician on those shows was John McCain by far.

I know that this won't convince anyone, but conservatives are wilfully blind to the truth.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,302,422 times
Regarding fair reporting and the press there have always been two standards.
The press has always been for electing Democrats, not Republicans.

There is no equality of reporting. They want people who believe what they do in office and that would be Democrats.

Not a bad deal for Democrats.
#1 Press trys to prop them up and protect their mistakes.
#2 They over hire and pay government employees (unions) which in turn fund the Democrat party for billions a year.
#3 Country sinks with all the government employment abuse and entitlement abuse and then we wonder what is going wrong.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,282,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Regarding fair reporting and the press there have always been two standards.
The press has always been for electing Democrats, not Republicans.

There is no equality of reporting. They want people who believe what they do in office and that would be Democrats.

Not a bad deal for Democrats.
#1 Press trys to prop them up and protect their mistakes.
#2 They over hire and pay government employees (unions) which in turn fund the Democrat party for billions a year.
#3 Country sinks with all the government employment abuse and entitlement abuse and then we wonder what is going wrong.
Good to see you don't think Fox News and conservative press as not being real press.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:48 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,302,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good to see you don't think Fox News and conservative press as not being real press.
Fox news is the only thing to come along in the last 60 years or so. You have to hunt this one Fox news channel up on cable versus having CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS all over the place in every city even without cable TV.

You have to try and find Fox, but the main stream papers are most all liberal as are most all broadcasts on TV.
Some even get their views on politics from David Letterman.

Fox is impressive in that it's cable ratings are more than CNN, MsNBC and other cable news channels combined.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:43 PM

629 posts, read 948,388 times
People who get their news from the Daily Show and/or NPR test as more well-informed than those who get it from Fox News or MSNBC...

Study Finds Fox News Viewers Least Informed Of All Viewers

Old 09-16-2012, 03:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,510,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You display your obvious bias by repeating the right-wing canard that NPR is far to the left.

Nevertheless, the fact is that the major American media outlets favor Republicans and conservatives. For example, every study that has looked at it has found a tremendous imbalance in favor of Republicans on the Sunday morning shows; the last time I looked the single most frequent politician on those shows was John McCain by far.

I know that this won't convince anyone, but conservatives are wilfully blind to the truth.
Now this is hilarious! lol Just because McCain is on tv doesn`t make they favor republicans. You have to look at the questions they are asked and how the questions are proposed to them and the way they are grilled.

Another dem making my point. Totally believing that the media such as cnn and mainstream media is not biased and thinking that conservatives are just whining about not controlling it. But swearing up and down that fox news is totally biased. Again, you can`t see the hypocrisy. Calling the repubs whiners because they see mainstream media as biased but you don`t. Then dems turn around and whine about fox news being biased, but maybe a lot of repubs see fox as fair and balanced. lol

Old 09-16-2012, 03:56 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,053,777 times
Perfect example, out of a million, on how its a fact that they dont get fair treatment. Joe Biden. Foot in mouth machine. But the media rarely spends more than a few seconds on the many, many stupid things he has said.

If Romney or Ryan was on tape walking in a convenient store, and said something to the affect of there's always Indians in 7-11's. Or if they made the Chain comment. It would've been talked about for weeks and weeks. SNL, they could have a weekly segment showcasing Biden's recent stupidity, yet they hardly ever feature him. But they will put in a skit on a something Romney/Ryan say every week.

Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,282,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Fox news is the only thing to come along in the last 60 years or so. You have to hunt this one Fox news channel up on cable versus having CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS all over the place in every city even without cable TV.

You have to try and find Fox, but the main stream papers are most all liberal as are most all broadcasts on TV.
Some even get their views on politics from David Letterman.

Fox is impressive in that it's cable ratings are more than CNN, MsNBC and other cable news channels combined.
It is because conservative Republicans hate to have to channel flip, they have a channel that they can turn it to and it tells them everything they need to think. Liberals like options for where their news come from.

Oh and having ratings higher than all other forms of news channels does back one main stream media. Fox News isn't some sort of underground news source that only hipsters know about, now it is.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:03 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,727,875 times
Default Dems & Reps are mostly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I was wondering what democrats thought about this. Please give your honest opinion. When you really think about it, do you believe the mainstream media and cnn lean to the left and therefore their coverage is biased? I know what republicans think and I know that talk radio is far to the right and npr to the left. I`m also not talking about the hannity`s and limbaugh`s or the matthew`s and people that are extreme to each side. I`m talking about mainstream and cnn. Do democrats really believe there is fair unbiased treatment in the media?
Majority in both parties voted against the Constitution repeatedly. With a govt that doesn't use the Constitution, anything goes. Want 100 years in prison without ever being charged with anything? The NDAA permits this & Obama & Romney won't speak against it, so I guess "right" & "left" both want it.

Both Obama & Romney want more wars, with Romney wanting the most. Romney loves big oil, too. Is $10 a gallon OK? Obama wants a few less wars than Romney so he can force low quality high-priced health care on all of us, the biggest gift of all time to medical industry. Both Obama & Romney got bribed by special interests that mostly want to harm us to maximize their profits. Both want to risk the end of the USA, spending trillions of dollars we don't have. Just print up trillions more dollars & we'll be lucky to find anything in grocery store under $10 or $20. A great many will be starving & homeless, vehicles repo'd.

IMO, if you want a better life for the majority, the best candidates are the unpurchased ones. Libertarian Gary Johnson & Green Dr. Jill Stein both have a chance of winning, according to Wikipedia. Their issues positions are more for freedom. Gary Johnson would present Congress a balanced budget 1st year. Please look at their websites & others. The internet will set us free, not special interest censored TV. Gary J is so very hard-working, abnormally honest, kind & smart. Gary was at 13% in PPP poll about a month ago, but crooked Republicans are trying to keep him out of debates & off ballot in 3 states.

Dr. Jill Stein is pushing for debates including herself & Gary Johnson. Even if Gary doesn't get into more debates, 2 weeks of TV ads could make him the winner. In NM, from unknown to front-runner for guv in 2 weeks. He won in a state that votes 2/3 Dem, inherited a deficit, vetoed 750 bills, cut taxes 14 times, & left state a billion dollar surplus. They were glad to re-elect him by a bigger margin. Best wishes, all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies