Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 05:12 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,503,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Majority in both parties voted against the Constitution repeatedly. With a govt that doesn't use the Constitution, anything goes. Want 100 years in prison without ever being charged with anything? The NDAA permits this & Obama & Romney won't speak against it, so I guess "right" & "left" both want it.

Both Obama & Romney want more wars, with Romney wanting the most. Romney loves big oil, too. Is $10 a gallon OK? Obama wants a few less wars than Romney so he can force low quality high-priced health care on all of us, the biggest gift of all time to medical industry. Both Obama & Romney got bribed by special interests that mostly want to harm us to maximize their profits. Both want to risk the end of the USA, spending trillions of dollars we don't have. Just print up trillions more dollars & we'll be lucky to find anything in grocery store under $10 or $20. A great many will be starving & homeless, vehicles repo'd.

IMO, if you want a better life for the majority, the best candidates are the unpurchased ones. Libertarian Gary Johnson & Green Dr. Jill Stein both have a chance of winning, according to Wikipedia. Their issues positions are more for freedom. Gary Johnson would present Congress a balanced budget 1st year. Please look at their websites & others. The internet will set us free, not special interest censored TV. Gary J is so very hard-working, abnormally honest, kind & smart. Gary was at 13% in PPP poll about a month ago, but crooked Republicans are trying to keep him out of debates & off ballot in 3 states.

Dr. Jill Stein is pushing for debates including herself & Gary Johnson. Even if Gary doesn't get into more debates, 2 weeks of TV ads could make him the winner. In NM, from unknown to front-runner for guv in 2 weeks. He won in a state that votes 2/3 Dem, inherited a deficit, vetoed 750 bills, cut taxes 14 times, & left state a billion dollar surplus. They were glad to re-elect him by a bigger margin. Best wishes, all!
I agree both parties really stretch if not ignore the constituition. I`m all for Jill Stein and Gary Johnson in the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 05:24 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,723,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Conservatives taught me that MSM is biased, but so is the right-wing media, do you believe Dems get a fair shake from the likes of The Blaze or The Godfather News. Learn to deal with it and try going to less biased sources, some will disagree but AP and BBC are far better than MSM or FOX, verify what you hear and read, you will be fine if you do so with an open mind.
Most people I know who think they are conservative hate at least some of what used to be our rights.
I see the same on almost any TV channel. All for the 1% mostly. Maybe 1% of time for the 99%.

I read the Associated Press is made up of the executives at the largest conservative newspapers in the country, & that they have exclusive rights to election coverage. Can anyone verify this?

BBC is now on a few AM & many FM stations in USA. Also on shortwave radio, but if you don't have shortwave radio or reception is bad, you can visit the websites of international broadcasters from this link primetimeshortwave dot com. See/hear what most countries are saying about USA.

FOX is all about ratings. Entertainment (exaggeration) & opinion drive the ratings. It is the only "news" channel on TV that encourages entertainment & opinion over facts. Nothing wrong with watching it, just saying if one wishes to be truly informed, the internet is a must.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,723,936 times
Default What about the internet for news?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Fox news is the only thing to come along in the last 60 years or so. You have to hunt this one Fox news channel up on cable versus having CBS, NBC, ABC and PBS all over the place in every city even without cable TV.

You have to try and find Fox, but the main stream papers are most all liberal as are most all broadcasts on TV.
Some even get their views on politics from David Letterman.

Fox is impressive in that it's cable ratings are more than CNN, MsNBC and other cable news channels combined.

Have you found any internet sources you like for news?

Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,547,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow, funny how everyone is supposed to take the word of a GOP hack for what liberals think and mean, yeah right
Heh. I'm black and progressive, and I have no problem stating that Connie Rice is highly respectable. Despite her involvement in GWB's foreign policy, she did much better than Cheney's bellicose nonsense. She also gave the best speech at this year's GOP convention. She's a far cry from Palin's petty goofiness. I've said before that I feel bad when I see Rice's name (or Colin Powell's), next to a goofball like Allen West or Herman Cain. I feel the same with linking Rice with Palin.

As to the question in the OP - no, they get the same annoying treatment that everyone else gets. Namely, our press is far too enamored with "he said, she said", and usually has no interested in presenting facts, even in cases where one side or the other is clearly wrong. Instead, that's left to a handful of "fact checkers", bloggers, and pseudo-news sites like HuffPost or Breitbart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies