Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,395,731 times

Advertisements

Shultz Says He'll Resign Before Taking a Lie Detector Test

Pres. Obama and his minions continue to pound away at Romney over his decision not to release tax returns from more than 2 years ago. Harry Reid says that he's got an inside source at Bain with some dirt (the identity of which Reid refuses to release, lol). David Axelrod, one of Pres. Obama's closest and most trusted associates, asks "what is it that he's [Romney] hiding?"

Back in 1985, the Reagan admin tried to enforce an order that top officials be subject to a 'lie detector' test. Sec'y of State George Shultz showed incredible cojones in refusing to submit. The result--the admin backed down, and Shultz won.

I'm all for transparency in government. I think that the Obama admin should have released the DOJ docs requested in the investigation of Fast and Furious, for example. But private matters are just that--private. As with Shultz, I am actually proud of Romney's handling of the tax-return issue, and of how he has stood up to the harassment. It's just one more reason why I can't wait to cast my vote for Romney-Ryan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2012, 11:43 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,304,926 times
Default example of holding 2 opposing viewpoints at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I'm all for transparency in government. I think that the Obama admin should have released the DOJ docs requested in the investigation of Fast and Furious, for example. But private matters are just that--private. As with Shultz, I am actually proud of Romney's handling of the tax-return issue, and of how he has stood up to the harassment. It's just one more reason why I can't wait to cast my vote for Romney-Ryan.
So, you want transparency in government, but only for those you don't agree with. Mitt's own father was more transparent than Mitt is, giving way more information about himself including many years of tax returns. This is a well established political tradition. If Mitt had nothing to hide, except sending his money in off shore accounts to avoid taxes (mostly legal, maybe not ethical), he would release his returns. Refusing to do so, according to politicians on both sides of the aisle, has not been his finest moment, whatever you think of him.

You should read 1984 by George Orwell, you could be a character in that book. Newspeak anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies