Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:39 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,671,237 times

Advertisements

Charles Krauthammer: The abandonment - The Washington Post

The abandonment

By Charles Krauthammer, Thursday, September 13, 6:07 PMThe Washington Post

There are two positions one can take regarding the Iranian nuclear program: (a) it doesn’t matter, we can deter them; or (b) it does matter, we must stop them.
In my view, the first position — that we can contain Iran as we did the Soviet Union — is totally wrong, a product of wishful thinking and misread history. But at least it’s internally coherent.

What is incoherent is President Obama’s position. He declares the Iranian program intolerable — “I do not have a policy of containment; I have a policy to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon” — yet stands by as Iran rapidly approaches nuclearization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 AM

From his article The abandoment, Charles Krauthammer

''A policy so incoherent, so knowingly and obviously contradictory, is a declaration of weakness and passivity. And this, as Anthony Cordesman, James Phillips and others have argued, can increase the chance of war. It creates, writes Cordesman, “the same conditions that helped trigger World War II — years of negotiations and threats, where the threats failed to be taken seriously until war became all too real.”
This has precipitated the current U.S.-Israeli crisis, sharpened by the president’s rebuff of the Israeli prime minister’s request for a meeting during his upcoming U.S. visit. Ominous new developments; no Obama response. Alarm bells going off everywhere; Obama plays deaf.''

Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
*SIGH*

Drama queenery at it finest.

Israel has an army and air force last I remember....if they want to attack Iran, I'll give Netanyahu a map if he doesn't already know where Iran is.

Just stop asking me to go with him. The answer is NO!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:52 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Please stop with the fear mongering; it no longer works.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
*SIGH*

Drama queenery at it finest.

Israel has an army and air force last I remember....if they want to attack Iran, I'll give Netanyahu a map if he doesn't already know where Iran is.

Just stop asking me to go with him. The answer is NO!
AGREED. Israel doen't need ANY HELP to do the job. So, the US demands for Israel to WAIT...is the problem...it does appear.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
AGREED. Israel doen't need ANY HELP to do the job. So, the US demands for Israel to WAIT...is the problem...it does appear.
Excuse me, but I thought Israel was a sovereign nation. They don't need our permission to do anything. If they don't want our opinion, send back the 3 billion a year.

Tell ya boy Krauthammer to go join the IDF if he's so keen on a war with Iran. Same for all of these C-D posters that think its such a great idea and that it'll be so easy.

That goes for you too.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:03 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:

So, what are they waiting for?

They're grown-ups aren't they? Able to make their own decisions and deal with the consequences?

Why do they keep whining about getting an answer they didn't like?

Or, are they really just teenagers who didn't really want to go to that 'party' anyway?

Or maybe, it's just Bibi saber-rattling:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ear-facilities

Last edited by TigerLily24; 09-14-2012 at 12:24 PM..

Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

They're grown-ups aren't they? Able to make their own decisions and deal with the consequences?

Or, are they really just teenagers who didn't really want to go to that 'party' anyway?

Or maybe, it's just Bibi saber-rattling:

Netanyahu deputy disagrees on setting Iran "red line" - Chicago Tribune
Your sarcasm and nonsense aside, Anyone who remotely understands....realizes the extreme pressure Netanyahu/Israel is under to accommodate, with-in Reason, the US. But, since Israel's and the World's ability to maintain peace and safety for all mankind, as well as Israel and the US...I'll be surprised if Israel waits very much longer.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,852 times
We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud do we?

I hate these Neocon warmongering scumbags.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Charles Krauthammer: The abandonment - The Washington Post

The abandonment

By Charles Krauthammer, Thursday, September 13, 6:07 PMThe Washington Post

There are two positions one can take regarding the Iranian nuclear program: (a) it doesn’t matter, we can deter them; or (b) it does matter, we must stop them.
In my view, the first position — that we can contain Iran as we did the Soviet Union — is totally wrong, a product of wishful thinking and misread history. But at least it’s internally coherent.

What is incoherent is President Obama’s position. He declares the Iranian program intolerable — “I do not have a policy of containment; I have a policy to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon” — yet stands by as Iran rapidly approaches nuclearization.
Krauthammer is a Jew and a propaganda artist on the Mossad's payroll (among others).

His entire premise is fatally flawed, but then that's what happens when you do nothing but lie.

Right there is one of the many flaws. Krauthammer, who apparently hired a medium and conducted a seance to consult with NAZI propaganda artist Herr Josef Göbbels simply says "Iranian nuclear program."

There is nothing inherently evil about a nuclear program. Note that the Göbbels-worshiping Krauthammer doesn't say nuclear weapons program.....because Iran does not have a nuclear weapons program.....as if Krauthammer actually knows anything about nuclear weapons or the nuclear weapons infrastructure.

But then note that Krauthammer deceitfully and deceptively, in the great tradition of NAZI Herr Josef Göbbels refuses to correctly refer to Iran's nuclear energy program.

The NAZI propagada-worshiper Krauthammer doesn't want to you know to the truth....that Iran's program is a nuclear energy program, and instead, he attempts to deceitfully mislead everyone by using the psy-ops warfare phrase -- "nuclear program."

Krauthammer lies again here. For those who want to understand "containment" read the classic essay by the famed "Mr. X." What would be the point of "containing" a country with a brown-water navy and no aircraft carriers?

What is incoherent is President Obama’s position. He declares the Iranian program intolerable — “I do not have a policy of containment;...

But, of course! A nuclear energy program is tolerable. Why would anyone not tolerate desalinization plants on the Persian Gulf Coast? Why would anyone not tolerate irrigation projects leading to the Iranian Plateau? Why would anyone not tolerate the irrigation of the Iranian Plateau? Why would anyone not tolerate the massive agricultural production possible on the Iranian Plateau, which would permanently reduce Iran's perennial unemployment of 20% and turn Iran from a net-importer of food-stuffs to a net-exporter of food-stuffs, increasing the supply of food on the world market to everyone's benefit, even Americans?

Why would anyone not tolerate Iran shutting down their oil-fired and natural gas-fired electrical generation plants to halt CO2 emissions and increase the supply of oil and natural gas on the world market, which benefits everyone, even Americans?

What, you want Iran to build more oil-fired power plants to decrease the supply of oil even more so that prices go even higher and you can pay $6/gallon for gasoline? Oh, that's really smart.

I have a policy to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon” — yet stands by as Iran rapidly approaches nuclearization.

What exactly does Krauthammer mean by "nuclearization?" Just like NAZI propaganda artist Herr Josef Göbbels, Krauthammer choose his vague, ambiguous words very carefully, knowing full well that his preying on people totally ignorant of all "things nuclear."

How does the operation of the dual-reactors at Bushwehr fit into Krauthammer's NAZI propaganda "nuclearization?"

Is Krauthammer suggesting the operation of the reactors produces nuclear weapons? Because if he is, then he is a liar. You don't nuclear reactors to make nuclear warheads. More to the point, the IAEA has already stated that Iran is enriching uranium to 20% HEU, which is irrefutable proof that the nuclear reactors are for peaceful use, and not for producing plutonium, which wouldn't matter anyway since Iran has no means of separating plutonium.

And I'm still waiting for someone, anyone on this forum to tell me what kind of nuclear weapons Iran supposedly is producing.

Quote:
AGREED. Israel doen't need ANY HELP to do the job.
Israel cannot attack Iran without extensive US help, including air, land and naval support, plus intelligence assets support.

You have no idea what you're talking about. They only thing you know how to do is regurgitate propaganda.

Quote:
I'll be surprised if Israel waits very much longer.
Then prepare to be surprised. There's a reason why I have 17,389 victories against ZERO losses destroying "attack Iran" threads.

Debunking....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

What are they waiting for?

Israel is waiting for their god to alter the laws of physics.

If Yahweh fails to alter the laws of physics, then Israel cannot attack Iran without massive US military support, and that would require putting Americans in harm's way.

No US president with a modicum of intelligence would ever consider supporting Israel on such an operation.

Even if Iran actually would have a nuclear weapons program (they don't), there is absolutely nothing Israel or the US could do to stop it. There is no legal cause justify any military action, so any action taken by the US or Israel would be an act of war for which the Iranians could justifiably respond.

Realistically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I hate these Neocon warmongering scumbags.
No, you don't.

You didn't hate them when they were on Clinton's White House Staff. And you didn't hate them when neo-con Tony Lake (former Clinton White House Staff Advisor) was advising Obama on foreign policy during the 2008 Election Campaign, and you don't have a problem with Obama having six neo-cons on his White House Staff.

When are you going to leave Fantasy Island and enter the world of reality?

The neo-cons own your bureaucracy. They always have since the days of FDR, when they were called Social Democrats. They were called Social Democrats up until 1974, when the neo-cons --- who were the architects of the Grotesque Society and Medicare and Medicaid and HUD Section 8 Housing and all of the other welfare programs they created -- realized they were total failures.

Elect any president you want from any political party or no political party at all.

It won't change the fact that neo-cons who are there now, who have been there for 10-40 years already will still be there running the bureaucracy, particularly the Alphabet Agencies and your State Department, after any temporary employee...ooops, I mean president...you elect is long gone.

Injecting reality...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies