Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You should be reported for being off topic and trying to change subject of the thread.

I saw that too OP. I guess everyone in the Administration who came out and bashed the film forgot that Maher had his own film that was crass and anti-religious. Hmmm, maybe we should send it to Egypt and see if theyll play clips of it on TV. I wonder what the Administration would have to say about films then, if it were Maher's film that "sets off" the mob again.
For another $1 million they would probably not apologize for Maher's film. I don't understand how progs can manage to have forgotten that one, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Obama took $1 million from a liberal anti-Muslim filmmaker

Obama is not Muslim, so I don't see how this is even news

It's not off topic, the point of this thread is to try to suggest that Obama is betraying his religion.
The point of this thread is to help people remember that Maher made that Religulous movie and that he proved to be both anti-Christian and anti-Muslim in that movie. Now all of a sudden our government is apologizing for a movie that wasn't any worse. Also, I wanted people to remember that Obama did take $1 million from Maher and refused to even think about giving it back.

I failed to see one mention in the link or in my writing about Obama's religion. Nothing but him taking that money from an anti-Muslim like Maher. An atheist, like Maher has to be dealt with in some way other than taking his money to campaign with.

Now Savoir, I have told you what this thread is about can you accept the fact that you were wrong in trying to play the game you tried to do? No? You really do think I was doing what you said.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Maher's movie is critical of ALL religion, not just Islam, and is not an over the top inflammatory movie. To compare his movie with the recent anti-Islam one is absurd.

Like I said, this is another attempt to pain Obama as a secret Muslim
Nope, you are wrong about Obama and Islam.

Have you seen the movie that Hillary and Barack claimed was causing all that trouble? Do you know that it was showed in Cairo a bit after the news about them getting ready to "play" came out? You are pushing but you have so few buddies here to go along with you.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:06 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,846,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You should be reported for being off topic and trying to change subject of the thread.

I saw that too OP. I guess everyone in the Administration who came out and bashed the film forgot that Maher had his own film that was crass and anti-religious. Hmmm, maybe we should send it to Egypt and see if theyll play clips of it on TV. I wonder what the Administration would have to say about films then, if it were Maher's film that "sets off" the mob again.
You should be reported for saying someone should be reported, and not taking about the thread at the same time. Wait, that's what I was doing...talking about the thread. You should be reported for saying I should be reported when it's actually you who should be reported for saying someone should be reported when they don't have to be reported..

No, not really, but what the heck....you brought it up.

The OP is arguing both sides of the fence in two diffferent threads.Inyour case, this makes perfect sense.
In my case, I just think it's hilarious.

Tomorrow Obama will be both pandering to Communists and taking money from Anti-Communists for example.
It has the samevalidity as "Obama as muslim" theory.

Or not.

Obama to be tried by Muslims after they take over the US

Old 09-17-2012, 03:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
You know, I don't like Obama much, but don't you think this whole 'muslim' thing is just juvenile, played out, and...well, kind of stupid?

Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,846,096 times
I was reading there are many people - as in "millions" who think he is actually a Muslim. A Muslim who eats pork and drinks beer. Sounds like a joke.

17 Percent Of Registered Voters Think Obama Is Muslim, Pew Poll Finds

Three and a half years into the presidency of Barack Obama, 17 percent of registered voters still believe that he is a Muslim despite the fact that he is a Christian, according to a poll released Thursday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. Forty-nine percent correctly identified that he is a Christian, while 31 percent of respondents said they did not know.
The poll showed a striking increase in Republicans and conservative Republicans who say that Obama's Muslim. Sixteen percent of both groups in October 2008 said that he was Muslim, while in this survey, 30 percent of Republicans and 34 percent of conservative Republicans said so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies