Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times

Advertisements

The stealth American Taliban have been infiltrating Edmond, OK with the intent of taking over the health care system in that city and effectively subverting national health care reform. Christian extremists have been forcing their religion along with free health care on over 6,000 uninsured patients. What is worse, in a shocking violation of the First Amendment, the city of Edmond awards $40,000 every year to the fundamentalist religious organization that runs the clinic, forcing taxpayers to foot the bill for right-wing religious extremism. Many unsuspecting patients have been seduced by these clever tactics into participating in Bible studies and other superstitious practices, some even absorbing Christian "values" like helping the poor without government authorization.

Where's the ACLU when you need them?

Last edited by WesternPilgrim; 09-17-2012 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 08:16 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Fighting to make sure Nativity scenes are not displayed in public places.....

Equating a group that beheads people and stones to death babies with a charitable organization is disgusting.....

Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
The stealth American Taliban have been infiltrating Edmond, OK with the intent of taking over the health care system in that city and effectively subverting national health care reform. Christian extremists have been forcing their religion along with free health care on over 6,000 uninsured patients. What is worse, in a clear violation of the First Amendment, the city of Edmond awards over $40,000 every year to the fundamentalist religious organization that runs the clinic, forcing taxpayers to foot the bill for right-wing religious extremism. Many unsuspecting patients have been seduced by these clever tactics into participating in Bible studies and other superstitious practices, some even absorbing Christian "values" like helping the poor without government authorization.

It's really quite a thing isn't it? Those pesky religious folk and their wacky idea of persuing health, happiness, and freedom of religion. They should be ran out of the country, and replaced with all those american loving middle easterners. They love America so much they burn our flags like a torch in the night. It's really quite beautiful... if you squint really hard!

“At that point in my life, the job that I had been with for three years gave me papers because they were hurting and they needed to cut,” he said. “And here I am in the middle of this rebuild, and it didn't hit me, it didn't faze me. I immediately had people praying for me, both here and within the church. I had a family from the Christmas program say, ‘Come live with us for a few months.' They were a major blessing.”

See how subversive they can be?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
“At that point in my life, the job that I had been with for three years gave me papers because they were hurting and they needed to cut,†he said. “And here I am in the middle of this rebuild, and it didn't hit me, it didn't faze me. I immediately had people praying for me, both here and within the church. I had a family from the Christmas program say, ‘Come live with us for a few months.' They were a major blessing.â€

See how subversive they can be?
Disgusting, I know. RWNJs helping total strangers in the name of some imaginary sky-daddy. Bet they don't help any women, gays, or minorities though. Bigots.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
If what they are doing is illegal or unconstitutional, then they will be sued and the matter will be brought before the courts. Not knowing much about it, I really shouldn't comment ... but I do believe forcing people to be indoctrinated or subjected to a particular religious dogma against their will is unconstitutional. Tax payer money must never be used to try to convert people to a particular religion.

However ...

If all the recipients of the clinic happen to be Christians anyway, and not one person makes a complaint, who cares?

It takes a complaint and a lawsuit to change this policy.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
The stealth American Taliban have been infiltrating Edmond, OK with the intent of taking over the health care system in that city and effectively subverting national health care reform. Christian extremists have been forcing their religion along with free health care on over 6,000 uninsured patients. What is worse, in a shocking violation of the First Amendment, the city of Edmond awards $40,000 every year to the fundamentalist religious organization that runs the clinic, forcing taxpayers to foot the bill for right-wing religious extremism. Many unsuspecting patients have been seduced by these clever tactics into participating in Bible studies and other superstitious practices, some even absorbing Christian "values" like helping the poor without government authorization.

Fundamentalist Christians are taking over Edmond?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Disgusting, I know. RWNJs helping total strangers in the name of some imaginary sky-daddy. Bet they don't help any women, gays, or minorities though. Bigots.
Do you have multiple personalities or are you playing a Poe, I can't tell. You'd be the first to cry persecution if anyone challenged "Christian" extremists.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
If what they are doing is illegal or unconstitutional, then they will be sued and the matter will be brought before the courts. Not knowing much about it, I really shouldn't comment ... but I do believe forcing people to be indoctrinated or subjected to a particular religious dogma against their will is unconstitutional. Tax payer money must never be used to try to convert people to a particular religion.
Exactly. It's right there in the Constitution. But what do you expect from a bunch of half-literate okies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
However ...

If all the recipients of the clinic happen to be Christians anyway, and not one person makes a complaint, who cares?

It takes a complaint and a lawsuit to change this policy.
One of their many victims needs to file a lawsuit. It's plainly unconstitutional to use taxpayer funds to heal sick people, without charging any fees, in the name of you-know-who. Especially if you invite them to a Bible study or a Christmas pageant afterwards. Trouble is, the victims have already been brainwashed.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Well God Bless them!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:46 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times
Quote:

Without "government authorization?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies