Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 10:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

yeah, this can't be blamed on obama. it's an obamabot flag desecration production.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 10:54 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I made my point in my first post.
The creator and the shrine owner, two peas in a distorted pod.
This is not the first time our flag has been distorted and co-opted to project Obama as opposed to our country.

It's not about him.
Our flag is distorted for many purposes, from art to political statements... who cares, and what is the point of this thread?

Oh, and considering this was created for an election campaign, it actually IS all about him. Isn't that kind of the point?

Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, this can't be blamed on obama. it's an obamabot flag desecration production.
I still don't get this whole "Obamabot" stuff you all keep spewing... if somebody supports a candidate, they must be a robot or obsessed? So, are Romney supporters "Romneybots?" I mean, we only have two viable candidates to choose from! Just because somebody likes the other guy, that doesn't make them a mindless sheep.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Did you see my post about the Obama Shrine, literally, I saw in someone's apartment yesterday?

Our Flag

Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 PM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Our flag is distorted for many purposes, from art to political statements... who cares, and what is the point of this thread?

Oh, and considering this was created for an election campaign, it actually IS all about him. Isn't that kind of the point?

There you go.

Should not have been.
Many of us care about our flag, sorry you don't.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:03 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
I still don't get this whole "Obamabot" stuff you all keep spewing... if somebody supports a candidate, they must be a robot or obsessed? So, are Romney supporters "Romneybots?" I mean, we only have two viable candidates to choose from! Just because somebody likes the other guy, that doesn't make them a mindless sheep.
obamabots are the people stupid enough to desecrate the US flag with the insipid rainbO, which goes far beyond 'supporting.'

let me know when 'romneybots' impose some romneyish icon, which does not exist, onto the US flag, and i will jump on them as well.
is that clear enough for you?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
obamabots are the people stupid enough to desecrate the US flag with the insipid rainbO, which goes far beyond 'supporting.'

let me know when 'romneybots' impose some romneyish icon, which does not exist, onto the US flag, and i will jump on them as well.
is that clear enough for you?
No, not really... especially considering you all have been using that term for months, and this is the first time I've seen this logo. And did you see that Romney button I posted? Not quite the same, but using the Eagle and flag nonetheless.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
There you go.

Should not have been.
Your opinion... and I'm sure he's not the first to use American symbolism in a campaign (see above).

Quote:
Many of us care about our flag, sorry you don't.
It's an image, why should I care? I don't worship symbols, and care only about each candidate's political views - not what some random artist created for their campaign.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times
Quote:

I thought he said it was about us? Lol no, I didn't buy that bs either.

He and his staff have a huge ego. I think even his staff fawns over him. This is disrespectful to do, but then again, its the Barack campaign team. Not the first dumb thing they've put out, nor should it shock anyone anymore.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 PM

And now I have a question - what's the meaning behind these three stars from the Republican National Convention? Since you care so much about the flag, does this bother you too? (I don't even know the symbolism there, but was wondering anyway)

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/cont...NC2012Logo.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies