Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
it's what Israel haters do

let the hate flow through them and can't let things go. not 4 yrs later or 70 yrs later.
How much time does it take to look through threads from 2012.......... Too much time on ones hands.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 07:03 AM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Ehud Barak definitely trends to the liberal side of the aisle... wait - the OP is from 2012.

He was Prime Minister during the Clinton years for one term. It didn't go well for him.

Seems like there is a slow burn to try and get him to run for prime minister again. This is like sports teams who hire coaching retreads that have had no success in the past.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Why did you decide to resurrect a 4 year old thread?
Because I felt like it. Got an issue with that?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Did you look at the date of the the thread? 09-21-2012. He was Defense Minister of Israel (2007–2013). So anything he says now (in 2016), is him standing on his soapbox. He represents nothing.

But if you want something up to date from his soapbox, here you go.

Barak flogs Netanyahu, laments 'budding fascism' in Israel | The Times of Israel
I know how old it is. I liked the link and wondered why no one ever responded to it.

I don't care about how old it is.
Quote:

let the hate flow through them and can't let things go. not 4 yrs later or 70 yrs later.
Yeah, I hate Israel and I'm an anti Semite too.

Anything else you wanna add?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because I felt like it. Got an issue with that?
I would like to know why you want to discuss this old thread.

Times have changed.

Obama didn't approve of gay marriage a few years ago and campaigned against gay marriage.

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008.

7. “I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov. 2, 2008.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz4DezhKJ7I

Why pick this particular thread to resurrect four years hence?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:

Thank goodness Israel doesn't try to justify anything it does with 70 years ago, right?

Old 07-06-2016, 04:11 PM

271 posts, read 214,349 times
Quote:
Hmm...why no responses to this thread?
Why are you necroing 1 post threads from 4 years ago?

Old 07-06-2016, 04:36 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,658,528 times
As a right wing Zionist I think that Obama is the best president by far for Israel. What can be better for Israel than destroying the Middle East and especially the main enemy Syria?
Thank you mister President.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:22 PM

716 posts, read 357,209 times
Quote:
I know how old it is. I liked the link and wondered why no one ever responded to it.

I don't care about how old it is.

Yeah, I hate Israel and I'm an anti Semite too.

Anything else you wanna add?
The poster to whom you responded did not call you an anti-Semite. No one on this thread has.
In fact, I firmly believe that you are NOT an anti-Semite. Recently you posted a very insightful, compassionate, and touching comment regarding the Holocaust. No way an anti-Semite could have written that.

From reading many of your posts, it's clear that you come from an ideology of far leftism. Part of that ideology, and far-right ideology, is a firm belief in isolationism (and the connected anti-Israelism). Isolationism and anti-Israelism is where the extreme left and extreme right meet and kiss.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I would like to know why you want to discuss this old thread.

Times have changed.

Obama didn't approve of gay marriage a few years ago and campaigned against gay marriage.

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008.

7. “I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about.” - Nov. 2, 2008.

Read more: Obama gay marriage quotes - POLITICO.com

Why pick this particular thread to resurrect four years hence?
Because I felt like it. Why does that bother you so much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yermum View Post
Why are you necroing 1 post threads from 4 years ago?
Why not? Is it disallowed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
The poster to whom you responded did not call you an anti-Semite. No one on this thread has.
In fact, I firmly believe that you are NOT an anti-Semite. Recently you posted a very insightful, compassionate, and touching comment regarding the Holocaust. No way an anti-Semite could have written that.

From reading many of your posts, it's clear that you come from an ideology of far leftism. Part of that ideology, and far-right ideology, is a firm belief in isolationism (and the connected anti-Israelism). Isolationism and anti-Israelism is where the extreme left and extreme right meet and kiss.
You're not far off.

However, I'm not anti Israel...I'm simply not PRO Israel. I'm only pro American. I'm for no other countries but my own.

But anyway, good call. A little wrong, but fair overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies