Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,814,620 times

Advertisements

A woman who was the victim of a brutal rape underwent a “horrific” experience at the hands of TSA agents this past weekend at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport which ended up with her checking into a psychiatric ward.

Prison Planet.com » Rape Victim Traumatized By “Horrific” TSA Experience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 12:53 PM

45,239 posts, read 26,470,793 times
I have decided to stop flying rather than submit to groping and radiation.
As these stories become more commonplace, I hope more people follow suit.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,135,112 times
Until people actually do something, nothings gonna change. I'm tired of all of these posters not doing anything and complaining about the protesters who do.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I have decided to stop flying rather than submit to groping and radiation.
As these stories become more commonplace, I hope more people follow suit.
Same here. You think I m going to let someone stick their hands up my 14 month's pants? Hell no.

I used to fly 5-10 times a year. I used to believe the TSA was protecting us against the bad guys...and that what's the big deal, if you are not hiding anything, why not let the TSA agents do their job.

I am glad I woke up and know better now. I haven't set foot on a plane since 2009. And don't know when I will fly again

Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,871 times
Talk about hysterical reactions. I got a patdown two years ago. It was nothing. Now, I think this whole system is terribly inefficient and misguided, but I also realize the first people who would cry to the heavens if we scrapped it and a terrorist successfully blew up a plane would be the drama queens who use terms like "violated" and "assaulted" over a freaking patdown.

I want to see documentation of TSA agents reaching down the pants of infants or grown women being sexually assaulted. Where is it?

Old 08-09-2012, 01:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Default Look it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Talk about hysterical reactions. I got a patdown two years ago. It was nothing. Now, I think this whole system is terribly inefficient and misguided, but I also realize the first people who would cry to the heavens if we scrapped it and a terrorist successfully blew up a plane would be the drama queens who use terms like "violated" and "assaulted" over a freaking patdown.

I want to see documentation of TSA agents reaching down the pants of infants or grown women being sexually assaulted. Where is it?
Are your search functions for previous threads on the TSA and your browser broken? There has been much documentation, including from members of Congress. I suggest you do your homework.

The gal should have known if she was still experienceing PTSD from her rape and not subjected herself to the search. The cost to fly was too high in this instance. Sad and likely preventable setback for her mental health.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:14 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
OMG, I'm actually crying after reading this story.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:

I don't think you understand how it works, cometclear. This woman obviously sounds like she has Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was raped for years growing up and when people touch me, it triggers flashbacks. When people touch me in certain ways, I feel like I'm being raped all over again. It's not an attempt to be dramatic. Flashbacks are involuntary. They just happen quicker than you can think and the next thing you know you're yelling and your body is shaking. It's really an awful thing to have to live with, and not something you should judge people for unless you know firsthand what it's like. It is easily explained by the neurophysiology of the brain. Please do yourself a favor and research PTSD and the amygdala.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Are your search functions for previous threads on the TSA and your browser broken? There has been much documentation, including from members of Congress. I suggest you do your homework.

The gal should have known if she was still experienceing PTSD from her rape and not subjected herself to the search. The cost to fly was too high in this instance. Sad and likely preventable setback for her mental health.
It sounds like she didn't have a choice. She had a death in the family and had to get to the funeral in time. Maybe driving or taking the train would have taken too long so she had to fly on a plane. If driving/taking the train would have taken too long, then her only other option would be to skip the funeral.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:

This is why my wife and I won't fly.... We used to but no more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies