Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 03:33 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times

Advertisements

Put me in charge of food stamps. Just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someones rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 03:37 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Put me in charge
I'd prefer not to.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:42 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Put me in charge of food stamps. Just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someones rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.
Sounds like a decent start..... no surprise that a liberal though had some snide things to say about it

Old 09-06-2012, 03:44 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I'd prefer not to.
This person is represents what I think is in the heart of nearly all conservatives. Their positions don't make sense. They don't want a smaller government. They want the government expanded to define marriage. They want the government to expand voter id laws. They want the government through the police or CIA OR FBI to racially profile mexicans, muslims, and black people. They are in favor of every government war.

They support every major government spending program. From the military, to social security to medicare to medicaid, to unemployment to military vet benefits, etc.

The only spending they hate is the spending they believe is going to the wrong kinds of people.

It is their personal biases against other groups of Americans that animates 99% of this smaller government low tax rhetoric. It is an ugly sentiment.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
plwhit, I'll vote for ya. That's more common sense than I have heard from either party in decades.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This person is represents what I think is in the heart of nearly all conservatives. Their positions don't make sense. They don't want a smaller government. They want the government expanded to define marriage. They want the government to expand voter id laws. They want the government through the police or CIA OR FBI to racially profile mexicans, muslims, and black people. They are in favor of every government war.

They support every major government spending program. From the military, to social security to medicare to medicaid, to unemployment to military vet benefits, etc.

The only spending they hate is the spending they believe is going to the wrong kinds of people.

It is their personal biases against other groups of Americans that animates 99% of this smaller government low tax rhetoric. It is an ugly sentiment.
Uh, there was nothing in the OP's stances against gay marriage or against minorities

You might want to learn to read before you comment Mr "I am not a member of a party"

Like fixing some of the many ills that plauge America.... of course the Dems don't want that.... the dependents are their lifeblood

Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Uh, there was nothing in the OP's stances against gay marriage or against minorities

You might want to learn to read before you comment Mr "I am not a member of a party"

Like fixing some of the many ills that plauge America.... of course the Dems don't want that.... the dependents are their lifeblood
I am not a member of any political party. This is an objective fact.

Conservatives are only for smaller government when it comes to helping "those" people. They favor greatly expanding government when they perceive that it will hurt or curtail or control "those" people.

I wish this didn't motivate most conservatives, but it does. They are really motivated by an intense dislike for millions of other Americans. Conservatives don't want the government to help those undeserving people, and they want the government to make it harder on those Americans.

That is why they can pretend to be about smaller government while supporting all the big government spending. It is why they can claim to be about smaller government will wanting to expand the government in so many areas.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:09 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,206,697 times
God do I love to watch the vitriol spewed by both sides, no "lets meet half-way" no "you have a point there"

Just "I'm right you're wrong"

I am really sad at the current state of America, if the people who post in this forum are representative of American citizenry in general all I can say is:

America, it was great while it lasted........

Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I am not a member of any political party. This is an objective fact.

Conservatives are only for smaller government when it comes to helping "those" people. They favor greatly expanding government when they perceive that it will hurt or curtail or control "those" people.

I wish this didn't motivate most conservatives, but it does. They are really motivated by an intense dislike for millions of other Americans. Conservatives don't want the government to help those undeserving people, and they want the government to make it harder on those Americans.

That is why they can pretend to be about smaller government while supporting all the big government spending. It is why they can claim to be about smaller government will wanting to expand the government in so many areas.
Once again, some kind of problem of focus precludes you from the subject of the OP

I understand you have been programmed a certain way by your handlers so I will try and be patient with you.....

Undeserving people..... you mean people who intentionally break rules and are a burden on the system? That is who he is talking about..... not somebody who is disabled

Regarding your racist assertions..... in other threads, it has been shown that % wise, just as many white people are on welfare..... I guess it is only convenient for Dems to use that when it benefits their argument at that particular moment

There is nothing in his post about regulating marriage or discrimination

Who is this "they" you are talking about? Are you trying to put nice convenient labels on everybody as Democrats have been taught to do?

Go through, read the post and then break down exactly why what he is talking about is bad and why...... or go away

Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
God do I love to watch the vitriol spewed by both sides, no "lets meet half-way" no "you have a point there"

Just "I'm right you're wrong"

I am really sad at the current state of America, if the people who post in this forum are representative of American citizenry in general all I can say is:

America, it was great while it lasted........
You and I think alike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies