Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,775,353 times

Advertisements

Sitting here quaffing a righteous Oregon pilsner listening to southbound Canada geese outside my window, I felt an odd rush of thankfulness for the inspiriting arguments of the last few months with you all. I know most of the characters, their style and viewpoints, and although I passionately disagree with some of you, you have my respect. This is what democracy is all about. The crotchety pilgrims, between dunking witches, set something magical in motion. Let's argue our way forward.

So, cheers to you all, and thank a big thanks!

(Paid shills, while I loathe you on one level (merceneries are NOT patriots, IMO), if this is the best you can do for a job, best wishes to you too, and I hope you find a better one soon.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 02:36 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,526 times
Here's to you my fellow patriots!-100_2411.jpg

I found this in a Norfolk & Western RR magazine ....

Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Attachment 101531

I found this in a Norfolk & Western RR magazine ....

I like it. Hoky yes, but the crazy muslim stuff lately reminds me how thankful we should be to be able to argue without wanting to kill each other.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,468,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I like it. Hoky yes, but the crazy muslim stuff lately reminds me how thankful we should be to be able to argue without wanting to kill each other.
I agree.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,801,626 times
Quote:
Sitting here quaffing a righteous Oregon pilsner listening to southbound Canada geese outside my window, I felt an odd rush of thankfulness for the inspiriting arguments of the last few months with you all. I know most of the characters, their style and viewpoints, and although I passionately disagree with some of you, you have my respect. This is what democracy is all about. The crotchety pilgrims, between dunking witches, set something magical in motion. Let's argue our way forward.

(Paid shills, while I loathe you on one level (merceneries are NOT patriots, IMO), if this is the best you can do for a job, best wishes to you too, and I hope you find a better one soon.)
This is what freedom is all about.
Everyone should cherish their right to have (and voice) their personal views.
Everyone should embrace their right to disagree and debate.

With that said, I too loathe professional posters who push an ideology for cash. It's no better than selling drugs on a corner or pimping sex in a motel parking lot. A shill is a shill by any other name.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,071 times
Quote:

Great post! I agree with you.

I also have to give you credit for a wise choice in how to spend some free time. Since you were so kind to the paid shills, I can only assume you had been there for a little while prior to posting.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Great post! I agree with you.

I also have to give you credit for a wise choice in how to spend some free time. Since you were so kind to the paid shills, I can only assume you had been there for a little while prior to posting.
Yep, the geese honking kept my usual surliness at bay. I mean what kind of punk job would it be to post phony threads on a blog all day for money. And frankly, some of the folks who do it are not doing their cause much good. I find it cheesy as hell, but I feel the same feeling I have when I seen som ex con shaking a sign on a corner in front of a pizza parlor.

Romeo: Little Caesars sign shaker - YouTube

What a crappy job..! Though this young guy does bring some mojo to it...

Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,597,071 times
Quote:
Yep, the geese honking kept my usual surliness at bay. I mean what kind of punk job would it be to post phony threads on a blog all day for money. And frankly, some of the folks who do it are not doing their cause much good. I find it cheesy as hell, but I feel the same feeling I have when I seen som ex con shaking a sign on a corner in front of a pizza parlor.

That's great. I have to give him credit, he does his job the best he can.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,414,679 times
Quote:

I see your pilsner and raise you an Oktoberfest and an apricot ipa

Best wishes to all, and most of all the country

Old 09-25-2012, 12:27 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,546 times
Quote:

It i nice that there are still a few younger folks that value work intead of the entitlement mentality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies