Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 06:45 PM

465 posts, read 507,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
That is the LAW. Unfortunately, 14 year olds consent to sex every minute of every day. The law and real life and human behavior don't always jibe. That's why nothing is ever black and white.
how about if an 8 year old says yes or a 5 year old, why is a 14 year old different there was a time when 14 year olds could marry but not now, why should it still be legal, and why should we say it's okay for men to take advantage of girls who aren't even old enough to drive or work yet, it's not okay and yes it is that black and white to me. if she's 14 leave her the hell alone, simple solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, it's human behavior to rape and murder but we have consequences for those too...just because it's human doesn't make it moral and the right thing to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 06:47 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamscott View Post
how about if an 8 year old says yes or a 5 year old, why is a 14 year old different there was a time when 14 year olds could marry but not now, why should it still be legal, and why should we say it's okay for men to take advantage of girls who aren't even old enough to drive or work yet, it's not okay and yes it is that black and white to me. if she's 14 leave her the hell alone, simple solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, it's human behavior to rape and murder but we have consequences for those too...just because it's human doesn't make it moral and the right thing to do
Why indeed? After puberty, when people have sex drives, it's pretty hard to apply a standard isn't it? It's pretty hard to know they are 14 if they say they are 17. Some states allow young marriage with parental consent (different states vary). Parts of the world allow it and the world is a small places these days. Everything is arbitrary. See the gray area now?

Old 09-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why indeed? After puberty, when people have sex drives, it's pretty hard to apply a standard isn't it? See the gray area now?
Yes they're in puberty and the adult is the one in control, just by sheer fact of being an adult and the other person still a kid, we're not talking about a 14 and a 16 year old where it's both teenagers and they're equal. That's different, it's the same idea of you can't have sex with an adult female with down's syndrome when her understanding is so limited that she can barely talk. It's the law, and it's there for a reason. Before we had these laws, 14 year old girls were shipped off for being bad while the man got a badge of honor, and men thought it "funny" to have group sex (in their minds anyway) with handicapped kids sometimes force was used sometimes it wasn't we've grown since then, and the amount of people that don't see how bad it is is frightening to me...i hope we never go back to those times.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Yes they're in puberty and the adult is the one in control, just by sheer fact of being an adult and the other person still a kid, we're not talking about a 14 and a 16 year old where it's both teenagers and they're equal. That's different, it's the same idea of you can't have sex with an adult female with down's syndrome when her understanding is so limited that she can barely talk. It's the law, and it's there for a reason. Before we had these laws, 14 year old girls were shipped off for being bad while the man got a badge of honor, and men thought it "funny" to have group sex (in their minds anyway) with handicapped kids sometimes force was used sometimes it wasn't we've grown since then, and the amount of people that don't see how bad it is is frightening to me...i hope we never go back to those times.
Ok. So if we decide to change the law next year to make the age of consent 14 you will automatically be ok with that and only be outraged if the person is 13. Or we raise it to 21 and jail everyone under that age who dares have sex before they can legally buy a beer. This is your argument.

MY argument is it's a grey area. It is, it just is. It's not up to you or the law to tell someone when they can have sex or with who if they are both ready willing and able. It's situational and each incident is different. It could be bad, it could be REAL BAD, or it could be nobodies business but their own. That's the truth and that's what is happening right now. You can't change it.

I don't know the details of this case but both she and the boy are acting within the law at this point. She for asking for support, he for filing how he did. IT'S THE LAW so nobody should complain about it.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
hmmmm 14 yearold mentality. It feels good now so it is ok. No thought to the future, no thought about consequences. In short a child's perspective. Sometimes we as adults need to protect children from themselves.
If my 14 yearold wanted a tramp stamp? NO
My 14 yearold wants to drink or smoke? NOMy 14 yearold wants a pet Tiger? NO
14 year olds want many things that we deny them for their own good.
SEX is something that should be denied because at 14 they are hardly qualified to make the correct or rational decision.
The 38 yearold man knew what he was doing was illegal and wrong.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
hmmmm 14 yearold mentality. It feels good now so it is ok. No thought to the future, no thought about consequences. In short a child's perspective. Sometimes we as adults need to protect children from themselves.
If my 14 yearold wanted a tramp stamp? NO
My 14 yearold wants to drink or smoke? NOMy 14 yearold wants a pet Tiger? NO
14 year olds want many things that we deny them for their own good.
SEX is something that should be denied because at 14 they are hardly qualified to make the correct or rational decision.
The 38 yearold man knew what he was doing was illegal and wrong.
i couldn't agree more we don't let 14 year olds do a lot of things, including have sex, we don't let them drive, we don't let them skip schools, kids that age are impulsive and need to be protected

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Exactly what the Republican Party wants.
Welcome to the future.

The View's Whoopi Goldberg on Polanski 'It Wasn't Rape Rape' - YouTube

"Rape rape"?

Sodomizing a drugged thirteen-year-old child is "rape rape" regardless of what the liberal turds on The View decide to call it.

Seems to me the war against women (and children) is being waged by liberal elitists defending other liberal elitists.

Conservatives have always advocated long prison sentences for these sorts of offenses.

That way the rapists can see how the other half lives.

Not surprising this story comes from the liberal wasteland of Massachusetts.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:08 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
i couldn't agree more we don't let 14 year olds do a lot of things, including have sex, we don't let them drive, we don't let them skip schools, kids that age are impulsive and need to be protected
Very true. How many would quit school because of a bad day? How many would feel it acceptable to stay out all night?
They simply don't have the experience nor the wisdom to make consistant decisions.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

The View's Whoopi Goldberg on Polanski 'It Wasn't Rape Rape' - YouTube

"Rape rape"?

Sodomizing a drugged thirteen-year-old child is "rape rape" regardless of what the liberal turds on The View decide to call it.

Seems to me the war against women (and children) is being waged by liberal elitists defending other liberal elitists.

Conservatives have always advocated long prison sentences for these sorts of offenses.

That way the rapists can see how the other half lives.

Not surprising this story comes from the liberal wasteland of Massachusetts.
I have to say i know a lot of conservatives that would say what she said that's why I say so much on here people are conservative and liberal for many different reasons. Where I live it's mostly because 1)abortion the most important thing because they're very pro-life, 2)to a way smaller degree they don't like gay marriage though there's many more for it than that are pro-choice. To me anyone that distinguishes rape like that is wrong, but i know a lot of Rep. politicians even that do it, not just Ryan "legitimate rape" but also Ryan and Santorum and Ron Paul's "forcible" rape, rape is rape period. And I know many conservatives and liberals who agree with me on that.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:20 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Will he be paying child support?
If so, then yes, he should be able to see his blood child.

Sounds like he wants to step up and take care of his child.

Horse sh*t!

Paying for the child his crime created should be part of his penalty, but that shouldn't be turned around to give him parental rights.

Lots of men who don't rape the mother of their children are denied parental rights for much less.

For this individual to be given any sort of access to this child or the child's family is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies