Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
See, now you are setting up a wall within two religions The next step is to start a religious war. You do know there are many Muslims that share what you beleaf is the common thing. Not all Muslins are terrorists., just as not all Christians ether. History will show more radical Christians . I be leave at one time there were huGe demands for world domiance especially, in the Roman Cathloic fold.
If you read what I said........I didn't say all, I said Radical. UMMM Roman Catholic now how long ago was that???? You want to go back to the Crusades, which was Christians defending Jerusalem, I'm sure you didn't know that. You would do yourself some good to learn about Christian and Muslim history, it didn't just start with the Gulf war.....

Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you read what I said........I didn't say all, I said Radical. UMMM Roman Catholic now how long ago was that???? You want to go back to the Crusades, which was Christians defending Jerusalem, I'm sure you didn't know that.
Yes I knew a little history about the Crusades, good place to start, went down from there. Islam is older than that, and today there are more than ever

Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, I'm supposed to only vote for a person who shares my same religious beliefs? The people that go to my church? Wow, I wish someone had told me sooner, this is great news. It will sure save me a lot of time and trouble in the future. I can scratch about 90+% of the candidates off my list. Silly me, all these years I thought it was about the issues.
Nobody tells you what to do. Its your choice.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
If you read what I said........I didn't say all, I said Radical. UMMM Roman Catholic now how long ago was that???? You want to go back to the Crusades, which was Christians defending Jerusalem, I'm sure you didn't know that. You would do yourself some good to learn about Christian and Muslim history, it didn't just start with the Gulf war.....
How about few centuries of wars with the Ottoman Empire? How about Spain?
As history is long Christians were fighting Muslims.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:16 AM

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
The thing is the Atheists on C-D are the ones calling to end all religion and call Christians the Taliban, seems they have much in common with the Middle East terrorist. Always referring that Christians follow the Old Testament, but when asked to provide proof they seem to disappear.

This coming from the person who wants to force people to pray in schools, force kids to be taught the fairy tale of creationism in school and who has said that gay people should be put to death...

How do you people not see the hypocrisy and insanity in your arguments and your lifestyle?

It's shocking that so many people can be stuck with this mental illness known as religion.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Radical Islam.........

Then you haven't meet the Radical Islam faith........You need to pay more attention to what Atheist tell others on here, your the one that is WRONG!!! Other than Westbro Baptist, just what offends you that you can't just walk away from??? Radical Islam doesn't allow you to walk away, you do know this don't you??
Apparently you have forgotten the history of christianity, read much up on the Spanish Inquistion? How about the Salem Witch Trials? Was'nt it the christians that promoted and kept the slave trade going? How do you think those Native Americans think about the radical Christians who gave them smallpox in their blankets or the Catholics that wiped out the Aztecs of South America?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
What if they believe in Squirrrels as a higher power. OR lizard people. Would that matter?
I guess it's not much different than believing a dead man got up and walked around 3 days later.
Don't forget, he had a hole the size of a spear head in his chest.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
no one has the right to tell someone else what they believe is wrong, stupid, idiotic, etc. etc. etc.
One of the more ridiculous statements I've ever seen, which is saying something.

This whole mindset of political correctness in which religious beliefs are off-limits from criticism because it might hurt someone's feelings is one of the more dangerous notions many of us have. If what someone believes about the most fundamental aspects of life are now off limits, all other beliefs should also be off limits. Good lord. Precisely how silly would the belief system of a candidate have to be before it would be acceptable for others to label it for what it is?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Qualifications baby, and someone with common sense honesty dignity, and someone who treats all Americans the same!

I don't give a rat's a-- about the religion, how much money they make or don't make. But what they can do for this failing economic economy.

It appears even on this forum that religion, seems to cause a uproar in many.

Years ago someone said to me, at the route of an evil, is a religion, and those who are obsessed.

Who says that one religion is better then the next, still hypocrites, or if you don't believe, your choosing. Who is going to put the Country before us into a better Country all around, bring unity, and hope for real. With real sincere Change.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What if they believe in Squirrrels as a higher power. OR lizard people. Would that matter?
I guess it's not much different than believing a dead man got up and walked around 3 days later.
Don't forget, he had a hole the size of a spear head in his chest.
Let's see: Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Pol-Pot, Castro, Mao all atheists.
Definetely being an atheist makes you more qualified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies