Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 03:04 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,760 times

Advertisements

any other President this nation has ever had. Jimmy Carter had to deal with horrific run away inflation resulting from Nixons removal from the gold standard, and not once did I ever recall him blaming others or previous Administrations. Clinton never blamed what he was handed by previous Administrations in the form of ever increasing deficits. Did Lyndon Johnson or Nixon ever publicly blame JFK for Vietnam?? I guess Id like to see a little more maturity and class, and less whining from my Commander in Chief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
I don't know if this is systematic of Obama in particular, but it's most certainly systematic of our political climate period.

Yes, Obama is probably the most "blame other" president. Not saying it's right, but the whole political system right now is "blame others".

Instead of trying to work together for a common goal, both liberals and conservatives would prefer to just point fingers and then claim that their system is better. The only way our country can improve is by combining the two, not alienating one or the other.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,438 times
This democrat knows that Obama has not done a great job, not sure how anyone else could say he has. I don't care about what the GOP has done to thwart him, we hired him to be a leader.

The only reason why I am voting for him is because of all the blind hatred on the other side.

I can't be associated with them. When they want to get rid of the right winged radicals I might vote for a republican again.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,448 times
twin is right

So is the OP. Have we ever had a President that blamed others so much?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
What other president, just before taking the office, has ever faced a free fall of the economic and predictions of the worse depression since the 20s plus a Wall Street crisis never before seen before? What you are characterizing as "blaming others" is just a statement of the facts.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
Obama faces a real problem. If reelected, will he still blame "the previous administration"? Now, before elections, democrats feed the public with good news and "the economy if recovering". They did so several times before, with no success.
However, in January they may try: "There is still much work in front of us. The economic situation is worse then anticipated. Bush(!) left a big mess behind...

Last edited by oberon_1; 09-28-2012 at 04:10 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 06:25 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
any other President this nation has ever had. Jimmy Carter had to deal with horrific run away inflation resulting from Nixons removal from the gold standard, and not once did I ever recall him blaming others or previous Administrations. Clinton never blamed what he was handed by previous Administrations in the form of ever increasing deficits. Did Lyndon Johnson or Nixon ever publicly blame JFK for Vietnam?? I guess Id like to see a little more maturity and class, and less whining from my Commander in Chief
Ironic that you whine about wanting to see less whining. This thread is pretty much

Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
This democrat knows that Obama has not done a great job, not sure how anyone else could say he has. I don't care about what the GOP has done to thwart him, we hired him to be a leader.

The only reason why I am voting for him is because of all the blind hatred on the other side.

I can't be associated with them. When they want to get rid of the right winged radicals I might vote for a republican again.
That's just an excuse. Vote for who you think can lead our country to greatness and stop being led by the extremists and haters that exist on both sides.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM

27,117 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I don't know if this is systematic of Obama in particular, but it's most certainly systematic of our political climate period.

Yes, Obama is probably the most "blame other" president. Not saying it's right, but the whole political system right now is "blame others".

Instead of trying to work together for a common goal, both liberals and conservatives would prefer to just point fingers and then claim that their system is better. The only way our country can improve is by combining the two, not alienating one or the other.

Obama is the author.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:34 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,339 times
I disagree.
To which you will reply: "You're just an O'bamasheep" (or some idiotic moniker)
To which I'll reply: "You have no idea who I am"
To which you'll reply: "You're just a lazy *******" (another hilarious name)
To which I'll reply: "I'm not a Liberal in the sense that I'm not a Democrat. I'm an Independent"
To which you'll reply: "Oh, Independents are just Democrats who are afraid to admit it"
To which I won't reply because the notion is idiotic.
And you will then declare victory and probably mention something about O'bumma being the worst President ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies