Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 10:29 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,120 times

Advertisements

Paul Ryan has the good sense to know when the ship is sinking. He's already gearing up for 2016 in his head, you can tell. Drama drama drama!

Video: Romney changes crowd's chant to include his name - POLITICO.com

Paul Ryan vs. The Stench - Roger Simon - POLITICO.com

Can they reconcile? What if Romney wins? Ryan's distancing himself will come back to haunt him something fierce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
Paul Ryan has the good sense to know when the ship is sinking. He's already gearing up for 2016 in his head, you can tell. Drama drama drama!

Video: Romney changes crowd's chant to include his name - POLITICO.com

Paul Ryan vs. The Stench - Roger Simon - POLITICO.com

Can they reconcile? What if Romney wins? Ryan's distancing himself will come back to haunt him something fierce.
I believe that Politico and MSNBC failed on this one. If you turn up your volume enough to hear those people chanting Romney and not Ryan you may find that Romney was right. I heard that one on Fox and sure enough Romney worked to get them to include Ryan's name since they were chanting Romney, only. Turn up your volume to see how falsely this claim is made.

Also, I think that maybe Politico will have to skip the interview with Ryan today on Fox News Sunday. There seemed to be none of what you and Politico are trying to talk about. Maybe your news came from Friday and mine from Sunday but mine is sure newer and Ryan was talking with a tough interviewer.

Nice try, but it is based on falsehoods only.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:25 PM

465 posts, read 507,846 times
Video: Romney changes crowd's chant to include his name - POLITICO.com it's a long video but if you start it at 16:00 they chant Romney but later they chant ryan which to be fair Ryan had just got done speaking, still voting for Johnson though and i still find this very funny i can't help it
Joe Scarborough Reacts To Romney-Ryan Chant: 'Sweet Jesus' - YouTube

Old 09-30-2012, 04:39 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post

Those of us who base our conservative/libertarian sentiments on economic grounds already know that too strong a presence by the Religious Right is the kiss of death. If they can't understand that their place in the Big Tent will aways be on the back benches -- then the point that the Democrats will never offer them anything will just have to be re-emphsized later.

But if Obama wins -- so what. He's already demonstrated that he has no sense of economic discipline, and the pressures he's ignored will continue to grow.

So ol' Barry-O will either stoke his captive Lefties into a stronger class-warfare frenzy, or start running the printing press to monetize the deficit -- triggering inflation which will make the Seventies look tame.

Either way, those with a basic knowledge of how markets work can defend themselves -- it's those who have no choice but to life from day to day who will pay the full price, and the Democrats will simply try to sell them more snake oil.

And that's when the real decision as to where this nation (or possibly, though I surely hope not) two nations, are headed, will be played out.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-30-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies