Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 07:17 AM

990 posts, read 938,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
No, I do want freedom of speech as long as it is not insulting Christianity. We need to have blasphemy law!
If atheists STOPPED attacking and insulting Christians and Christianity, then Christian groups would have most likely stopped with their billboards as well.

So I can have freedom of speech as long as it doesn't offend your precious ears? Give me a break.
Move to Saudi Arabia, there you can have your silly superstitions and not have to worry about people having that pesky freedom that allows them to point out how ridiculous your cult is.

Atheists weren't anywhere on the map when some nutbag Christians decided to force "under god" into our pledge and onto our money...

Quote:
Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country with extreme Sharia Laws and absolutely no freedom of religion/speech.
Saudi Arabia reminds me of North Korea and former Soviet Union but with Atheism state instead of Islam.
Oh, now the world's most religious country is Atheist? You people know no bounds. Every belief system that's not like yours is blasphemous and has to be ungodly? Wow.

You are so dim that you can't see how similar your vision of a perfect America is to Saudi Arabia. Forcing everyone to adhere to a Christian theocratic law is IDENTICAL to Islamic Sharia Law. The only difference is the ways you people act out your silly superstitions.

You don't want freedom of speech, you want blasphemy laws to keep people from publicly denouncing your cult. How is that different that Saudi Arabia?

Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,117 times
Quote:
Since the United States is one of the most religious developed country in the world with only 1-3% of the population being atheists/agnostic (Yes, 16% are not members of any religion, but that does not mean they do not believe in God), and this nation being 80% Christian and over 90% believe in God. On top of having very religious people, including large part of the nation being part of the 'Bible Belt', 'In God We Trust' as national motto, religion being part of the politics and daily life - Will Atheism be possibly illegal in the future?

Many young people still are very religious, and in this bad economy many people seek faith and comfort, and many people go to church for help.

Just the opposite. If you have been paying any attention, the US is very slowly but surely turning secular. Eventually, religion will be illegal.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Wow so much nonsense and totally made up "facts". Your posting is childish, uneducated and wrong impression of Christianity and Christians in general. This is also very insulting.

Stop blaming Christians/Christianity over what happened thousand years ago. That's the issue that atheists and non-Christians tries to say to attack the faith. Back then, it was normal with persecutions and unbiblical and ungodly acts occurring. BTW, everything on that silly atheist website "Jesusneverexisted" is all false, nonsense, and insulting. The name of the website says it all!

Atheists tends to forget how evil atheist people have been throughout the history, both past and present. I could post hundreds of different websites showing how evil and barbaric atheists have been. At least religious people have commandments to follow, while atheists have none, and they don't have any morality.
Ever hear of Pogroms?
My family certainly has. Christians just like you murdered my ancestors and forced entire families from their home countries.

You are the one who is ignorant to history. I have been to every country in Europe, have you? I have been to about 500 churches in Rome and the Vatican, have you? I minored in History in college, did you study history?

Your justification is "that happened a long time ago" and it's not only wrong, it's insulting to the millions who have been murdered in the name of your cult.

I don't need a book telling me not to kill people or to steal from people. I have this amazing thing called a CONSCIENCE which keeps me from doing evil things.

Quote:
Despite being persecuted throughout the history, and even today in many nations - Christians have done GREAT things throughout the history and now of which many people tend to forget. Christians have founded everything from charity, to universities, private schools, hospitals, places of worship, establishing countries, helping the homeless/people in need, children and orphanage, traditional culture, holidays and much more. Thank God for Christianity!

Good things Christians have done in society
What has Christianity done for the World?
Good Works And Christians | Faith WITHOUT Works | Legalism

Think twice!

Christians were persecuted until Constantine declared it the official religion of Rome and then suddenly Christians ran things and started persecuting anyone who wasn't Christian.

One of the websites you posted mentions "preventing of cruelty to children" when the #1 worst perpretrator of that has been the Catholic church. How many kids have been molested by priests in the last 10 years alone?

"Impact on Civil Liberties"...like prohibition? Making abortion illegal? Yeah, they really help civil liberties

Another website mentions "science" when Christianity has been Science's #1 enemy since it began. Anything which questions the silly ideas put forth in the bible is fought tooth and nail...just ask Galileo.

You should just realize that primitive people had a need for Christianity, but humans have evolved to the point where such a silly cult should have no place in our society. I get morality from empathy, sympathy and my own conscience, I don't need a book and a preacher telling me how to be moral...especially when that preacher is fondling a little boy after he gives his speeches.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I am the majority, and this nation was found upon Christian belief and principles. America is culturally and historically a Christian nation ever since its foundation, and even before 1776.
The men who founded this country were some of the least religious at the time. Many things written by Madison, Hancock, Locke, Jefferson and Franklin directly challenge Christianity and that's why the Constitution does not ONCE mention God, Jesus or anything else Christian.

Quote:
What are Christians doing that bother you? You get angry over seeing churches and Christian symbols everywhere? Well of course you will see, because 80% of Americans are Christians. Why can't I wear a cross and have Christian symbols on my car? We are proud of being Christians.
Christians interject themselves into politics. They are the reason why we have so many puritanical laws, most of which do not affect me but which offend me regardless. I would never buy a prostitute, but it's illegal because of Christians. I'm straight, but Gay marriage is fought by Christians. The drug war is a Christian-based battle, it's merely a continuation of the previous idiotic Christian-based prohibition. Fighting the teaching of evolution and global warming is certianly a Christian thing. I can go on with that stuff, or I can point out the millions murdered in the name of Christianity or the people ridiculed for their beliefs or those who were molested or those who were told that condoms are evil right before they caught AIDS, etc.

And nobody said you can't put a Cross on your car or around your neck. Who said that?

Quote:
However, I do agree that Christians should stop telling people in public about being against same-sex marriage and abortion. Jesus was never against either of it. But, they could freely express their opinion due to the First Amendment "Freedom of Speech".
If Christians stopped doing that stuff, you'd better believe that this country would be voting much differently. Hard-core Christians tend to vote much more when things like Abortion and gay marriage are on the ballot.

Quote:
Atheists have done terrible things in America too, and shovel down their non-belief in our throats. Google atheist billboards - Very insulting and idiotic!, also google what atheists have harmed our society.
Yeah, making billboards questioning the idiocy of a ridiculous cult is the same as denying people rights and molesting children. Suuuuure.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,585,731 times
Interesting...

Atheists are currently banned from holding public office in the states of:
Arkansas, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Pennsylvania.

This should be extended to all 50 states.

These 7 states ban Atheists from holding public office | Death and Taxes

Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Just the opposite. If you have been paying any attention, the US is very slowly but surely turning secular. Eventually, religion will be illegal.
Ignorant. LOL America is already a Christian country and I gave you enough reason why it is.
First amendment says 'Freedom of religion', so how could religion be banned?

However, atheists are banned from holding public office in several states.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post

So I can have freedom of speech as long as it doesn't offend your precious ears? Give me a break.
Move to Saudi Arabia, there you can have your silly superstitions and not have to worry about people having that pesky freedom that allows them to point out how ridiculous your cult is.

Atheists weren't anywhere on the map when some nutbag Christians decided to force "under god" into our pledge and onto our money...
Yes. Atheists have already ruined and taking away enough from our Christian rights, such as removing prayers from public schools. Thank God Christians are strong in this country, otherwise atheists would have turned us into communist atheist country which did not work well in communist countries both past and present.

Quote:
Oh, now the world's most religious country is Atheist? You people know no bounds. Every belief system that's not like yours is blasphemous and has to be ungodly? Wow.

You are so dim that you can't see how similar your vision of a perfect America is to Saudi Arabia. Forcing everyone to adhere to a Christian theocratic law is IDENTICAL to Islamic Sharia Law. The only difference is the ways you people act out your silly superstitions.

You don't want freedom of speech, you want blasphemy laws to keep people from publicly denouncing your cult. How is that different that Saudi Arabia?
If you really knew what Sharia Laws are, then you would be happy living under Christian theocracy, which means freedom. But you atheists are very spoiled living under predominately Christian countries and Christian society, yet you live in peaceful freedom.

BTW what's wrong if I like to live under Christian theocracy? Why is secularism not dangerous, while theocracy is?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,617 times
Quote:
Interesting...

Atheists are currently banned from holding public office in the states of:
Arkansas, Maryland, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Pennsylvania.

This should be extended to all 50 states.

These 7 states ban Atheists from holding public office | Death and Taxes
You and everyone who agrees with you are welcomed to try, or to even make it so those laws in those 7 states have any affect on who is elected to government positions in any way

Try it. See what happens

I think the result would be that you'd tick a bunch of people off, and be hated, and that's about the end of it.

Do you need any help with flyers or propaganda?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Christians were persecuted until Constantine declared it the official religion of Rome and then suddenly Christians ran things and started persecuting anyone who wasn't Christian.

You should just realize that primitive people had a need for Christianity, but humans have evolved to the point where such a silly cult should have no place in our society. I get morality from empathy, sympathy and my own conscience, I don't need a book and a preacher telling me how to be moral...especially when that preacher is fondling a little boy after he gives his speeches.
Christians have been persecuted throughout the history even before and after Constantine declared Christianity as an official religion. Why do you think he declared it? Because Christianity is the only truly and peaceful religion in the world. Christians today are being persecuted in many Islamic countries, as well as in parts of the western countries. Even here in America we are being persecuted and cannot mention Christ in public.

Actually virtually all atheists do not have morality, because they have no faith, and don't care how bad the society turns into since they don't believe in God, and not afraid of Him.

Regards to priests molesting young boys - Yes, it has occurred several times, however most of them have been removed from the priesthood and have nothing to do with Christianity and its faith. Just because few priests out of millions worldwide have done something bad does not mean the whole religion is bad. Child molesting happens everywhere in every religion and non-religious. Jewish Rabbi's have done it many times, yet they try to hide it.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
You and everyone who agrees with you are welcomed to try, or to even make it so those laws in those 7 states have any affect on who is elected to government positions in any way

Try it. See what happens

I think the result would be that you'd tick a bunch of people off, and be hated, and that's about the end of it.

Do you need any help with flyers or propaganda?
LOL almost all atheists are behind the closet anyway. If any atheists express themselves openly, we will fight against them and keep them quite. Once I saw an atheist sticker on car, guess what? I removed it, and left a note on his/her car. We have ZERO tolerance towards satanic act. I also remember when another car had another atheist sticker, his car got vandalized at the mall
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies